1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #56

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, I generally believe it's polite to add sir or madam at the end of a sentence, but I'm not a big fan of calling people their surnames. My typical reaction is kind of "I know what my name is". It's good for identifying people, like, "Yeah, Mr Jones, I'm talking to you." When there are no sirs or madams in the end, I think much depends on the way you's are pronounced.

By the way, university people here use sirs and misters when talking to students. People in liceum (like the French lycee, British college or American highschool) used to but they don't really. It isn't out of place but they don't normally. They just always use your surname with the name or mister/ms. In primary schools, yeah, they use surnames alone, but some pupils stand up to them like I did.

Personally, I don't care about addresses but I mind intonation.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have a confession to make:

I joined another forum.

:o

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

That's not a crime. I'm a member of 5 boards myself :)

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Sorry, but whenever I hear the word 'forum', I automatically think of Penthouse Forum. So please excuse my childish and immature snigger. :angel:

5. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Game forum?

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@kuemper:
    If you're talking about RPGDungeon, that's a pretty late confession; you joined months ago. :heh: To be fair though, she was just following the ELIP mod idea to write for it. At least, she was then... :hmm:

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    /me wonders whether he should spam the RBP to get the magic post #1000...

Meh, 999 looks cooler anyway :p

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Oooh, chocolate! :yum:

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, while we're making confessions, I too have cheated on BoM. With Phone Scoop and Cellphone Forums.

Phew, I feel better just having said it. :rolleyes: :shake:

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Me @ 2pm being woken up by my fiance:
    "No mommy, I don't want to go to school today!"

Fiance: "You don't have to go to school today, but you *DO* have to go to work!"

Me: "Nooooo! I don't wanna' do that either!"

Her: "Too bad...now get your lazy butt out of bed!"

Me: "I hate you."

Her: "I love to too..." (She pulls the blankets off the bed and turns on the overhead light.)

Me: "Aaaaaa! Turn off the light you stupid F***ing lesbain-whore!"

Her: "You'd like that would you? Besides, you're just jelous that I get more women than you."

Me: "Damnit!" :bang:

I hate it when she turns a perfectly good insult around on me like that! It's not fair...I can't be expected to come up with a good comeback line after I'd just woken up... :shake: :rolling:

11. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Your fiance is cool beyond words, Kitrax :thumb:

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    No she's not...she makes me get out of bed! That is not cool at all. :nono: :rolling:

13. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Who's got some chocolate!? :eek:

Chocolate mints rule... :yum:

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Our house is still overloaded with chocolate after all the chocolate we received at Christmas time. It's so hard to get through them all.......

15. olimikrig

Media:
    You got it all wrong dude... That's what makes her cool :p :rolling:

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm a browncoat.

*sees blanks looks*

You know, a fan of the movie Serenity and tv show Firefly?

*more blank looks*

Captain Tightpants?

@Fel - Hey, I haven't heard a peep from *anyone* about the ELIP mod for months. If they don't want what I have, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ahh, Kitrax, you make me long for the days when I had the chance to argue and throw insults to any of my gfs. I always enjoyed pissing the hell off of them. Jokingly, of course.

I can't do it anymore, however... I have to watch what I say to my gf, because she is such a pretty, yet insecure and emotional flower. On one side, it's boring not to argue with her, but on the other side... she is so sweet that when she gets pissed, she is all the more cuter, I just laugh and give her a hug. That usually pisses her even more but she usually calms down soon enough. :lol: :shake:

18. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@kuemper:
    Do you have access to their workroom? You might want to ask Jolyth about that. (I pop in every once in a while to check on stuff. :D )

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, methinks I really like this feed thingy on top of gmail - all sorts of interesting stuff pops up....

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hmm, today I did really constructive things and I haven't wasted a second; oh wait a minute I'm confusing with someone else- I did nothing at all... Yay or UnYay? Hard to tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.