1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #60

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Shell - coming out of hibernation? :lol:

Rant Time.

The woman upstairs (m-i-l) is utterly stupid. She has 2 refrigerators (one I use, so it's not crammed full of useless food) and a deep freezer. How much dried meat do you need, really? Isn't 10 kilos enough? And just how many shrimp rings is necessary; more than 10 because she'll need to shop at Costco *again*! There are 3, yes *3*, whole, smoked salmons stuffed in that 2'x4'x8' box. And moose! Gak, enough for 2 moose!!

There's no way I can forget the miscellaneous cr*p either. Breads, buns, rolls, cakes, etc. for the in-laws who aren't supposed to have those foods (according to the doctor). All kinds of leftover soups because she makes enough to feed the Canadian armed forces! Hey, I'm all for making big batches and freezing, but I *eat* most of what I make/freeze. There's stuff in there from when her father died...20 YEARS AGO! :toofar: Hamburgers, my god, I haven't seen this many patties since I was on the meat-packing plant tour in 10th grade.

I'd love for a long black out to happen. Something that thaws out absolutely every bite of food in the house. I feel sorry for her poor sister, who's now visiting. Sister gets stuck with the **** job of organizing the cupboards and cleaning out the fridge and freezer.

End Rant

Mom's pretty well onto dying. She's not taking her meds (money is a factor $1600+/month for all pills, inhalers, oxygen), she can't/doesn't sleep, her food is yogurt, cheese and cracker and chocolate/banana milkshakes, she basically has no blood in her body and she's smoking again. On the upside, she has most of her hair and the chemo is shrinking the cancer. :wail: She's gonna die before I see her again. :flaming: :flaming:

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hope she doesn't. Best wishes from here.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

From here as well.

4. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

kuemper, all the best to you and your mother.

A 6 hour rehersal today, and my knee and ankle are both killing me. I wish the chorus could sit on the ground in a more comfortable position.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It's four o'clock in the night and I have to see a doctor at 8 am, so no use trying to sleep this night just for some three hours before going. Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to rip myself from the bed either, thus ending being fined of missing the appointment.

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Very sorry to hear about your mother Keumper, death sucks.

@DoTW Thanks for the suggestions, I will chack them out and get back to you with any further questions.

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

/me hugs kuemper and offers shoulder to cry on

Sorry how it's going with your Mom, kuemper all my strength, hope and love to you. :)

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Now I'm always one of the first complaining that there is too much love in the room, but, this time, it's the right thing to do.

Everybody, let's group hug kuemp - she needs it.

/me hugs kuemp

@Brallrock: Sounds good to me.

9. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

/me hugs kuemp

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

sorry kuemps :(

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Screw hugs; give kuemp's mom a slap instead. Attitude is 500% of whether you live or die. I am never giving up on my mom, and I suggest you don't let yours give up either. If you have to, make her see that and show her how many people care for her and want her to stay around, no matter what. What strength I have to spare is yours. :)
    She will live. No doubt. Ever.

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Hugs for kuemper

Hmm, we need a hug smilie

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    This sucks. I've been trying to get a WiFi connection up and running at my parent's house, but the wireless DSL modem provided *by* Qwest isn't supported by Qwest, and the company that does support the modem says that they aren't affiliated with Qwest, so they can only give me the basics...like how to turn the modem on and off. :bang:

I hate calling customer service for any company. If American companies want to save some money by moving their customer support to another country, they should only be allowed to move them to Canada...or another country where the native/official language of the country is English. :thumb:

Lousy, cheap companies. :nono: :rolling:

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Announcement - I am picking my PSP up this afternoon!!!!! :banana:

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@shell

lucky :p

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Paint Shop Pro? :p

/me sticks his tongue out as he heers "geek!" from every direction.

And pokes Uytuun.

Now back to studying. :shake:

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me hugs Kuemp

My internet is the evilest of them all. You don't wanna know.

And Jen is fixed - but I hjave no way bringing her hoome :cry:

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Outch, man it hurts to have 5 stiches keeping a hole, size of a grape, shut in your tight. Had this condyloma there and even though the operation was easy, now it smarts.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Winter was invented by the mattress companies. :grin:

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Just passing through, nothing to see here

/me hugs kuemper and Ara cos I can :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.