1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #67

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah I know we could've done better, let's call it a slow tuesday

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You should see some of the really huge forums, the kind with 1000+ people online at all times, making a couple dozen thousand posts per day. I seriously have no idea how you can get involved into any kind of discussions with so many people posting... Imagine having 500 posts in any thread in a matter of hours. Urg? Who the hell has the time to read even a fraction of that? And how could anyone reply to anything, or steer the discussion into any direction, when there are so many people posting at the same time? I don't even want to think how moderating works on such boards - it probably doesn't.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Um, well, it is a WORK computer after all! It must cause all sorts of headaches having people download whatever crap they want onto work computers.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] Ph34R my bardic prowess! :roll:
    In other news, I've finally finished off all the pork-containing foods that mom's caretaker can't eat because she's Muslim. :banana: I'm gonna miss eating that kind of stuff, though. :( Or, at least not with the frequency that I'm used to. I was surprised how many foods have pork in them; did you know that pepperoni has some too? :eek:

[QUOTE, not CODE! -Tal]

[ April 21, 2006, 15:50: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:p I find it hard to keep up with some of the discussions on this board as it is ;) Lets hope SP never has 1000+ members on online... that would be insane.

6. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I hate Insomnia. My body is shattered but my mind is racing :(

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In order to avoid continuing off topic in an SS thread I come here where I can ramble and babble.

I quote Felinoid from that thread:

Why not? If you only knew what I don't post in order not to get in trouble. I try to be polite even when I don't feel like it. I made my share of mistakes when I was a noobie. Nothing horrendous but dumb and from time to time I still post dumb things. Sometimes I catch it and edit; sometimes I don't but I do try to use proper grammar (except in RP) and I use spell-check a lot.

I back off when the mods say 'back-off'. Now there is a moral to this rambling tale. If Grandma (who is a natural born rebel) can keep the rules so can you. (That 'you' is directed at everyone and not anyone specific. I will now spell check before I post.

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Don't worry Nakia, I'll keep in line. ;)

@ DarkS - I've never been to Ontario but I have some family there too. Most of my family is in B.C. however and one of my sisters lives in Bermuda!

@ DoTW - Yep

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Blargh! I hate kids who don't pay attention because they are fooling around! In ultimate frisbee (yes, it is a sport...), this one kid never pays attention, then always screws up plays, thinks he is some big shot, and fools around afterwards. When he makes an 'amazing' one handed catch, and everyone yells 'Nice catch, next time do it with two hands', he ignores it, tries to throw it to the next person, but hurries the throw and ****s up. GRRR. I don't like it when people who play the sport to slack off play. **** them! I play because I have fun, but I want to actually have fun, not fool around.

This should probably go into the "This Sucks" thread, but no.

10. Dice

Media:
    It's O.K. Saber. I vote that we take all non-serious frisbee players and roll them in egg-whites then leave them in the sun for an hour without letting them take a bath.

[ April 21, 2006, 06:52: Message edited by: Dragonfly ]

11. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

We play frisbee golf in the park...I always liked that but I was never good at throwing a frisbee. I bet i would be dangerous with a boomerang lol. Oh well...if at first you dont succeed...dont try skydiving. :lol:

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

That could easily be arranged. Do you have a perticular preference as for the strain? I am a huge fan of Blueberry.

Ahh, four days off.

Oh, my dumb MP3 player didn't worked because it must be formatted using the FAT12 file system. WTF? What the hell is FAT12? I know FAT16 and FAT32, but FAT12?!?

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm surprised that I haven't been pointed out for my questionable spelling. Sometimes I don't catch when I hit keys in the wrong order or multiple keys at once until after I have posted, and I'd be all night editting. Then there are words I can't for the life of me figure out how to spell, and eveything I try just looks wrong...

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The answer is simple, dude. We have grown watching Ara making typos and have got used to it. :D In fact, typos have been lovingly nicknamed "Aras".

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    So true, DoTW. We all make typing and spelling errors. For instance rogue is frequently spelled rouge :lol: The 'real' Nakia tells me that she cannot be worn on anyone's face.

We owe Ara a debt of gratitude. :thumb:

16. Felinoid

Which is paid for with her dominion over these threads. ;) The RBP is unarguably her territory. Speaking of which, where's she been of late? I see four whole pages without her stamp. :mommy:

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Now, THAT's annoying. :geezer:

18. Dice

Media:
    Maybe Ara and Kuemper are off waging wars of supreme spamicy meanwhile leaving the mice to play.

19. Felinoid

I'd hardly call you a mouse, Mrs. Over-50%-of-her-posts-in-the-RBP. :p And Ara's got kuemp beaten hands down. I don't think anyone could ever challenge Ara for sheer number of RB posts.

Anyway, time for sleepies. :sleep:

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ara is visting her mother with her sister, she told us a couple of pages back :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.