1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #67

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
  2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

SPAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    So In Conclusion:

To Shell: Weird Poll
    To Daie: Chibi
    To Ara: Cheese
    To Fel: Monkey
    To Englishman: Nice Rp mate
    To Chewie the magic Dave: Nice Char!
    To everybody (sorry :( ) : HAPPY SPAM!

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

*Chibi-Daie nods, sagely*

Indeed. Spam.

To conclude today's lessons:

Cat-girls= Kawaii!
    Chibi= Kawaii!
    Chibi-cat-girls= uberkawaii!

*bounces*

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Thankyou for merging my names Ofelix...well...this is goodnight from Me, and its good night from you (just to be polite), Goodnight. :D

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I woke up with a head cold. I knew something was wrong when I went to bed and was shivering uncontrolably.

In other news, we went from a heavy frost this AM to the high 50s F. I think that may have something to do with my head cold, severe weather changes always cause me troubles.

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I broke a tooth Friday night. I'm still in pain. Ugh.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

One more day done. Blech, I've installed Win98 *SIX* times today. I'm getting so fed up of Windows that I hear Linux calling me louder and louder...

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

An ammusing thing happened when walking home today, so I thought I would post about it...

Before I can really tell the story, it's first a good idea to understand the geography of where I live. Wellington is a small city (by international standards; 2nd biggest in New Zealand), of about 1/2 million people; and is very hilly. The only non-hilly part is the CBD, based around the harbour and of course surrounded by hills. I live right on the very edge of the CBD, in sight of where the motorway (yes, there's only one around here) ends/begins.

Every day walking up the the University, which ahppens to sit up top of a steep hill, I cross over a series of roadworks, wher ethe motorway is been lengthened, then head up the road towards the Uni, which is one of the main roads through this part of town (in the top 10 at least), yet given the hilly nature is windy and narrow, only having 2 lanes (one each way).

The last few days I've noticed about half way up the road there has been a crack in the ground where water has been fairly consistently pouring out of. Each day it seems to get stronger and stronger, with nothing been done about it.

Today, when walking back home after my morning lectures, I noticed a council work van parked beside the road and the area with the creak cornered off with cones. They must have tried digging into the road to see what was wrong, because suddenly there was a loud bang and a mixture of peices of road and water shot so high into the sky, showing the entire road. One of the council workers then leaps into the hole (now about 1m wide) to try and stop the flow and gets shot out himself. One guy finally managed to get his foot in there, but that would only last about 20 seconds before a new wave of water and stones would shoot out.

So travelling another way down the hill I got to the bridge that crosses the road works. They have resently just finished installing a large drain into the road, and it certainly seemed to be working. All the water from up the hill was rushing down the street in a large river, channaling down this drain and all the roadworkers were ankle deep in water. Seems they hadn't put a drain going out of the road yet...

So I headed up to my room, which faces the University, and for the next 10 minutes you could still hear screechings of car breaks and see large streams of water and rock been shot up way above the buildings!

Added some excitment to my day :)

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

@DoTW, I have installed 98SE so many times that I can almost do it in my sleep. I have thought about trying Linux, but I will have to wait until I get my wife her own PC. She doesn't like change.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Just watched The Big Lebowski pretty good movie if you ask me.

@DotW:`Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux Linux

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @DotW: If you already own a Windows licence, you could just have two systems and use Linux for anything else than the games you can't run in it. Red Hat is almost like Windows, for starters.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'm also strongly tempted by Linux, Win2k is a bit too heavy for my poor old P3, and never mind the problems that this causes. I can't install Win98 in my sleep, but if it keeps up this way, I'll be able to soon enough. I can program CDMA and TDMA phones blindfolded, however. Really.

Good! Now watch it when stoned. It's a classic.

Yeah, I own an OEM license for WinXP Pro on my P4-soon-to-become-Athlon-64. I never use my poor old P3 for gaming, anyway. Following Taza's advice, I'm looking towards Ubuntu (sp?) or Knoppix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.