1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #69

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I have a cold. My nose is bunged up, my throat hurts, and my head feels like it's full of cotton wool.

I've tried to get rid of it, but even the wonder drug Powermetalin isn't working.

Plus, just for an extra kick in the nuts, it's monday morning.

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

God, I really can not spell as of late, another damn morning where the clock is going on 3 AM and I'm not in the least bit tired. This wouldn't be a problem is it wasn't for the fact that I have to be up at 7 am or 9 am depending on the day. :mad:

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Try and get some rest, Daie.

4. Daie d'Malkin

HB, I'm at school, and my exams start next week. As much as I want to crawl into bed forever, rest is not on the cards.

I'm trying to see how many hot drinks the average human male can consume in one day. I'm up to two, and I've only been up for 2 hours.

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Would questions about how someone would relate to protagonist's moral views end up in the Sensorium, Creativity Surge or some place else? It isn't fantasy; one could stretch (and really at that) to say it's Sci-Fi.

When I'm doing my best to write on moral philosophy it mind of defeats the entire purpose of the protagonist if is moral code is too alienating (obviously the views the protagonist, be they the actual views I enspouse or not, wouldn't have the feel of moderation, but too much of an extreme and you don't allow anyone to see anything, but a hostile characterization).

6. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Morning SP'ers welcome to the spam

@Ilmater the answer is probably better in Creativity Surge, as the Sensoriom is really for the established arts and their publications. Unless the protaganists you're talking about are from one or more of those publiactions/editions. imho.

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Daie, one of my friends managed to be up an hour and have 5 cups of coffee...in the next hour he managed 4 cups of tea...he was very hyper that day :p

I don't drink hot drinks, they taste nasty to me, so if I were ill I'd be drinking lots of nice, cool, refreshing orange/apple juice.

In other news, my mum is annoyed at me because I didn't tell her I had an exam on the 26th, which happens to be the day we're supposed to be in France on holiday...well, I only got the exam time table the day before they booked it, and I didn't know they had gone to book it until they came home and said "We booked our holiday!"...and now its apparently all my fault according to my mum, and I should feel guilty, and bad because of it...

...As insensitive as it sounds I don't feel guilty, just mildly annoyed that she blames it solely on me, saying I should get more "involved" in organising these things! Like I can when I'm dashing around college like a headless chicken trying to organise my coursework, and get stuff in on deadlines!

/rant

Sorry bout that folks...resume normal business :)

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Silly boys :shake:

In other news, the cat came home all nice and dandy. Now, I just have to figure out how to get the dog here fromn the next town over....

Yeah, I want a dog. :D

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Ara good news on Tarantino :)

@DoMT until you leave home mate everything's liable to be your fault, I do like the image of a headless wookie you've planted in my brain :rolling:

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Poor Chewy :(

I have an important appointment this afternoon, wish me luck!

:eek:

edit : good post timing Ofelix!

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    DoMT: It's not like France is such a great place anyway, why not come here instead? Same language less annoyng accent, better beer, and I'm here :p

Nah just kiddin' (or maybe not)

You know how mothers are? It's always your fault no matter what.

:lol:

12. Daie d'Malkin

The problem with drinking so much is you gotta pee a lot.

I'm still dying of my cold, and now I've got a practice essay to write.

Dave, what exam do you have on the 26th? I assume it's an AS?

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Aye, Aye that generaly what happen.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    It is going to be a madhouse in Casa Ara come THursday.. for there will be a new furry addittion. A dog :D

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

/me equips Greater Gloves of SPAM +5

Feel my wrath!

*RBP gets hit for 1 SPAM damage (0 points resisted)*
    *RBP gets hit for 5 extra SPAM damage (0 points resisted)*

Earned 1 XP :banana:

16. Ofelix

Media:
    /me equips Holy Sword of Spam+5

Thou shalt not lay thy hand on thine holy RBP!

roll: 13+5 = 18 hit!
    *Colthrun gets hit for 3 SPAM Damage (0 points resisted)*
    *Colthrun gets hit for 8 extra SPAM Damage (0 points resisted)*
    *Moral Failure: Colthrun*

There ya go... :cool:

17. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

/me runs around like a sissy half-helf

"Better part of valor!" :p

18. Ofelix

Media:
    I guess 1 XP was worth running the hell outta here :)

19. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I have a History A2 exam, I'm in my second year, and I have a third year coming up...le sigh...nevermind, I'll just play games and live happily in the knowledge that over the next week I shall find out move facts about my beloved PS3, because folks...its that time of the year...

E3!!!! :D

Wooooo!...me so happy...shame I'm not going...but one day! For "it is my destiny"...man I'm so like Ethan its scary >_>

20. Ofelix

Media:
    My friend and I it's crazy how toghether we're like Lucas and Ethan! I'm Ethan of course, beeing the crazy lunatic weird...guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.