1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #69

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm all itchy. I had to help rip the fiberglass insulation out of an old barn, and even though I did get to shower afterwards, I'm still itchy...

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well I'd say that it's better than like Gnarf. BTW, I've never had lice but I'd imagine that most things are better than them.

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

@Gnarf, try rinsing off the areas with vinegar. It has worked for me in the past.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

VX-8100?

5. Dice

Media:
    Then Gnarf will smell like a pickle! :lol:

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

No, I haven't gotten it yet, it is on my old VX4500. I started playing around with it, and saw that as an option. I knew you would be proud of me DoTW. I hope to get the new phone tomorrow, if the finances are there, it is only free with a $50 mail in rebate, so I have to have cash up front, unless I do the online thing which has an instant rebate.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I have some problems with online transactions...

I'm pondering whenever I should pick back either my old Fido 3595 or my Telus VX-3200. Hmm...

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions... :p

Guess what...I'm one of them. :doh: :rolling:

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

grrrr.... I hate the last week of class and Finals week that follows. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when it was all over.

10. Dice

Media:
    Technically you could Ilmater, but you might have problems after you woke up because you slept through all of your tests.

I'm going to sleep now. This way I won't be tempted to overpost on this page.

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

*sigh* I wish when people where having sex in the dorm, they'd do it quitely so you couldn't hear them freaking screaming and moaning in the hallway. I don't enjoy listening to the walls shake when I go to brush my teeth. Not to mention, its a little disgusting and classless when you engage that brazenly.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    And I am off to see dad and get the dog now.

But damn, do I wish that the stupid weather had not ruined all my clothing plans...

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ripped jeans, normal boots, and I shoot, fence, do archery, and used to do karate. COmbat skills, you think?

14. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Morning Spammers it's nice and shiny here. :)

I've got a few tunes on mine Cafe Del Mar - Energy 52 is my normal ringtone, Insomnia - Faithless is my alarm call, God is A DJ - Faithless is my text ringtone and Adagio for Strings - Tiesto is my MMS ringtone.

15. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Morning DS, it is to be shiny and warm today here as well. The kids are going on a field trip, no one to disturb me, games shall be played. :D

In other news, I only have 2 1/2 hours left. Yippee!

Clothing plans? I get up, I get dressed, how much planning can this take?

16. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Morning Brall Yayness :banana: on the gaming opportunity and less than 150 minutes left :)

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Combat skills... /me takes a look at his law books :evil:

Someone hold the trees while I yawn, please.

@Brallrock: That's because the high number is confusing in case of FX5700. As far as I remember, it's even outperformed by FX5200 in some tests. Not like it still wasn't a good bargain for $20 (it could normally cost 60 or more), but depends what you had before.

18. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I had a Radeon 9200 64 mb card.

/casts hold on trees

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Ofelix: My pleasure. Those sounds are hard to get right and many native speakers go for simplified forms. For example, in performance of some native speakers of English, the stronger "th" sound won't differ much from "d" if at all, so "the" will sound close to the French "des". Non-native speakers will also sometimes treat it like "v". The weaker "th" will be pronounced as "f" ("feature" and "theatre" sounding the same for some people is no joke) or "s" ("Senk you, Mister Smiss." :shake: ) the same way. A good start would be working with "f" and "v" but blowing air between your upper frontal teeth while you let out the sound. Unless you want to mimic what your hear and work it out yourself.

@Brallrock: Hmm... I'll take a look at some charts when I'm home but it's quite possible that there's not much difference. FX5700 is a bit slower than Radeon 9550, but 9550 is slower than 9500, because 9500's old structure produces better speed than 9550's new one. IIRC 9200 is quite similar technically to 9500. What you get with 9700, though, is more support for modern DirectX toys than Radeon 9200 had and it's crucial for some games.

And thanks. /me yawns so hard birds get a power-up

Mornings. :D

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    You may be right, Dfly. Ours is a Syrian Long-Haired, I'm informed :)
    He is also evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.