1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #7

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Am I the only one finding it Absurdly funny that the only one Who couldn't handle and exit JC Denton's link, in the thread Tal banned, was A girl.. :hahaerr: I bet she forced tal to remove the link somehow.

I think that the link was pretty funny. Afterall JC denton Didn't put anything But Warnings up. Her own Damn fault. But Girls. Girls. girls. They are so curious that they'll even get mad and call you an idiot and kick and talk crap like its the end of the world, if they don't get to know every single secret they are in touch with, and it doesn't get better with boyfriends, where men just shrug and say what the hell, probably nothing. And deals with it. :p

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Haven't gotten any in a while, have you, Nobleman? :p

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

That was 8people.

I bet you anything she has a TON of spyware and just general tracking junk on her computer.

5. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hi there! Yes, I am still alive!

6. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I love revising in Biology, especially when we can convince Mr G to get the laptops out... just like now in fact.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Nobleman, hate to disappoint you, but I removed that link because the idiot pissed ME off. I had 20 other IE windows open and to get rid of that crap I had to terminate all IE processes and lost about 15 minutes of work. That's why I closed it down.

Not to mention that that crap could crash a slow computer like nothing.

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ya, ...

8people sounds as though her computer got seriously derailed. To expose other SPers to that kind of risk strikes me as in bad taste, with or without warnings.

Had it run on long enough, it could have been more than just 8people. I'm currently a grad student, and to keep my budget as trim as possible, I rely on the university-network labs for my internet surfing.

If I had followed that link, and things had gotten out of hand in a lab, would I have gotten a talking to from a big cheese at the university? You better believe it.

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Tal, such links are the exact reason why I have 5 screens open at one time, tops.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Heh, I'm no longer innocent and naive enough not to save my work and close as many windows as possible before hitting such a link - of course my curiosity will prevail and I'll open it anyway. But I hate the simply destructive ones - it's not at all funny. Every kid can hang the system with a dumbass prog in LOGO they have at schools here.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I once clicked a link and the result was that it opened some sort of as loop that started throwing endless browser windows to my face. Thank Whatever I was using Opera.... One click solved the problem. Had I been using IE, I would have been forced to restart the 'puter. But even with Opera, this little stunt o' mine took over 94% of the school System Resources (or something... didn't hear it properly..) and I got a rather nasty glare from the school admin and a question was voiced by the Legolas-lookalike Admin in the computer lab: "If I say the name *insert my name*, who feels a stab of guilt?"

Thank Whatever I can fast-talk :D

Saw xXx yesterday. Yorgui was GREAT! Marton Cksokas is such a cool actor... didja know he played Celeborn in LotR?

(Smith! Stop making prank calls to the Resistos and haul your butt here!)

12. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I did know. I want to see that movie too. If I am lucky, I'll see Equilibrium tomorrow.

YAYAYAYAY.

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Abandonware rules. Nice, free, legal, ancient games that more than often turn out to be crap. At least my computer can run it...

14. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

These three last days is so hot in Greece it seems to me that summer is at hand beaches of Greece beware :eek:

15. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] Wow, it only took me one day to memorize it! :thumb:

"(I swear this is from memory) Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them; the good oft interred with their bones. So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus hath told you Caesar was ambitious. If it were so, it was a grievous fault, and grievously hat Caesar answered it. Here under leave of Brutus and the rest; for he is an honorable man, so they are all, all honorable men. Come I to speak in Ceasar's funeral. He was my friend, faithful and just to me. But Brutus says he was ambitious; and Brutus is an honorable man. He brought many captives home to Rome, whose ransoms the general coffers did fill. Did this in Ceasar seem ambitious? When that the poor cried, Ceasar hath wept. Ambition should be made of sterner stuff. Yet Brutus says he was ambitious; and Brutus is an honorable man. You all did see that on the Lupercal I thrice offered him a kingly crown, which he did thrice refuse. Was this ambitious? Yet Brutus says he was ambitious; and, sure, he is an honorable man. I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke, but here I am to speak what I do know. You all did love him once, not without cause. What cause withholds you then to mourn for him? O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, and men have lost their reason. Bear with me, my heart is in the coffin with Ceasar, and I must pause till it come back to me."

*bows*

This link that you all are talking about sounds like the "Most Annoying Website" thing again.

Hey! I have something that proves that I'm psychic: Start with a number.
    Add 25.
    Add 3.
    Subtract 14.
    Add 1.
    Subtract 15.
    Subtract 7.
    Add 9.
    Add 54.
    Subtract 40.
    And your number is
    Sixteen. :p

[ May 02, 2003, 19:41: Message edited by: Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias ]

16. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

Big deal. I know how that trick works. ;)

ยค

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Aikanaro, abandonware is not legal. Some game developers give out some of their oldest games for free, and some don't really care about their games being distributed around for free, but usually only if the games are REALLY old. But the majority of game developers are explicitly against it. Many of them release old games in cheaper packages or compilations and there is still a possibility to buy them. (Or on eBay, used, etc.)

A game does not become legal to copy just if you can't buy it in your local store any more. The developers still retain all the rights on the title for a number of years (95 actually) after it's out of production. So while downloading an old game from somewhere might be the only way for you to get it, it is not legal. Just to clarify.

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Damn. So Aeris really died, I half-expected her to be resurrected.

*Sigh* :(

And I had given her loads of stat+1 items.

At least this gives me something new to write of. "After the Days", guess when this fan-fic will take place? ;) (And guess what will happen?) :p

What do you think? Should I post it to the Creativity Surge?

...So SoJ still had some contradictions... Hate those...

19. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I know,that's a great sh*t,when I played the game the first time she was my strongest character.

20. Platypus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

To any Brits out there, on Virgin radio (105.something FM) every evening from 10:30 to 12:00 is a really hilarious show... Jezzer's confessions. Does what it says on the tin, and boy oh boy is it funny: a few nights a go some poor girl rings up to say that her ex had found out about her "other" boyfriend, except he kind of wasn't her ex yet, if you follow my drift. And Jezzer just rips this unfortunate person to pieces: "it's your fault, IT'S ALL YOU" he hollers. On national radio. OK, you have to have a pretty dark sense of humour to find it funny, and not all of it is, but he's so self-righteous that it defies belief. So tune into Jezzer tonight, people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.