1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #70

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

A chance to spread chaos and anarchy? Excellent. :evil: :evil:

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'd advise against that...my best man is a corpral in the Army, another one of my friends is a sargent in the Marines, and my older brother (who used to work as a bouncer at a bar) will be there, and they all love my mom's cake. I wouldn't want to have to sic one or more of them on a fellow SPer... :p :rolleyes:

Actually, anyone who asks is invited! :banana: :rolling:

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Kitrax, will plane tickets come with the invitation? :p

Whoa, my 1500th post! And it only took me a little more than 5 years :1eye:

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Morning SPers

It's bright and shiny this morning

Boring meetings already where my wonderful managers spend half the time making sure they're not to blame if it goes wrong, half the time changing the design when we should be testing now, and the rest of the time making sure we still deliver on an impossible date and why haven't I finished it yet. :bang: :bang:

/end rant

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Don't get your hopes up. Tuesday's weather gets a lot worse. It was bright and sunny this morning. Ended up been the worst weather we've had all year... *mutter mutter mutter*

I was quite pleased with myself today though. On the train on the way home from hockey someone who lives a few floors below me hoped on - been generally terrible with names and having only met this person a few times before, I naturally couldn't remember her name. At the end of the trip I'd got it down to either Stacy or Sonya - not sure why, they just seemed to pop to mind. So on the way out of the station, I said hello and said "It's Tracy, isn't it?" and turned out I was right! Nothing worse than getting peoples name wrong when they know yours...

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

/hands DS a scrollcase with Feeblemind, Improved Haste and Time Stop

Use them well, my padawan. :tie:

The sun is God's flashlight.

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Oooh thankies kuemp I'll save those for a special occassion.. :D :evil:

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ugh, that latin paper was evil. I left a question out because I couldn't translate the passage.

I got most of the questions, just that one translation paper was nasty.

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

one 8 page paper, due by 6 PM tonight and I'm home free... of course I haven't started that paper yet, having to write three other final papers and take three finals earlier this week to ensure I wouldn't have time to start this paper until today.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Morning Spammers, it's also shiny but coldish.

So it seems I must now do some video editing on this most evil machine. :wail: Editing without at least 1 go RAM is evil EVIL!

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, no kittens yet... but think that they will be around VERY soon.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ara IS a kitten

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Morning, peeps.

Got my hands on ME... not the best, but the most viable solution for my crappy PIII. I'm installing it tonight. Speaking of installing Windows, I have six or seven more installs of 2k to do today... the JOY. (not) :rolleyes:

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Here's something to up the difficulty of any game - play with no sound. Most games I can't play while my sound is gone. I guess it's a good thing I talk to myself. :xx:

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You're such a spammer :p

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Dark Spam is strong with this one :tie:

17. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

La lala la la... Skippily bippily booooooo... Hmmhmmhmmmm hmmhmmhmmmm hmmmmmm... Bored.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

What a day.

I got myself a nice sunburn over the week-end walking around Chicago and going on a river cruise. I don't know what's worse - the sunburn or the sticky feeling after putting on the aloe vera gel that I bought yesterday.

On a teleconference this morning one of the unit heads that I audited had on a hissy fit about a minor issue I raised despite the fact that it was probably the most clear cut that a finding could be. It is incredibly easy to correct the problem too so for the life of me I don't know why these people don't just start out by saying "Yes we will do that from now on" instead of wasting a half hour complaining before agreeing to do what we told them to do. She actually had the nerve to complain that the issue was not discussed with her during the audit (not that that should make a difference) despite the fact that I discussed it with her and showed her actual examples to prove my point.

Lastly, I have our external auditors coming by this morning to look over my work. That isn't a problem except that I always end up spending a couple hours answering questions for which they would have found the answers if they bothered to actually read the documentation that I have prepared.

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Sunny but cold here, but at least it isn't snowing.

I feel that I must finish Diablo today. Then I have to finish my run through of BG Tutu.

I really want to upgrade my PC, so I can play Oblivion.

@JSBB, I hate it when people get all defensive when they should just be listening and saying yes sir/mam.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Eh, crunch time. Time to study for exams, get 3 more chapters of vital knowledge in before chem :rolleyes: , and do a couple thousand problems to study for math. Whoopee.

I'll finish counting MBP first :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.