1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #72

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, JSBB, they say that memory is the second one to go.... :p

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Busy day ahead of me. Two big checks to deposit in the bank, an appointment for a haircu...er, I mean shedding my winter fur (yes, that'll do nicely) in two and a half hours, and volleyball two hours after that. So if I'm not around to answer your questions today, it's because I'm too busy to bother with your petty...er, important queries. :angel:
    Ah, double meaning. Always good for a chuckle.

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Once again Shell plays family peacemaker.

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Felinoid, what is the second meaning?

5. Felinoid

"Opening up a can of worms" is a saying that refers to getting into something that will cause a lot of trouble. That covers pretty much every new Alley topic. ;)

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cool - I've just discovered that the place I live has its own Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Shore%2C_New_Zealand

Actually, this is more an indication of the fact that I have never really looked that closely at Wikipedia before than of there being anything special about my hometown. I suppose everyone's hometown is there.

7. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Been a while since I was here...

I've pulled a tendon in my heel, so that's not good.

8. Harbourboy

Actually, Taza has hit the nail right on the head there. That would be a huge risk if I started messing about with my PC. It's like that whole order vs chaos thing. There are infinitely more ways to stick the bits of your computer together incorrectly compared to the handful of ways that actually work.

Whoops: 3 replies in a row. Time for me to leave RBP for a while.....

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

FREEDOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!

Nope, not William Wallace. Me! I am free now. :)

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Or the George Michael song. :square:

I can only eat wheat breads and hubby can only eat white breads. We're becoming allergic to each other.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Do you have an old computer that you no longer use lying around? This is the best way of learning. I learned much of what I know while experimenting on my old Pentium 2. Once I felt I had pretty good basis, I changed OS on my P4, and everything went without a hitch. In fact, I accidently found the installation order which gives me whooping results in benchmarks.

Practice makes perfect, Harbs. I heartily recommend Linux as a Windows alternative. I have asked my friend to download it and burn it for me, as I plan to make the switch soon enough. If you want, I can make some sort of walkthrough if you ever wish to make the switch.

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Grrr... wrestling instead of SVU on tonight... well so much for my night.

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I used HB's wikipedia link and tried my own city. Yep...it's there, and I've even sat on the particular bench that is in the picture. Nice view of the river and the bridge from there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton

14. Felinoid

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hey, Big Cat, any news regarding bird-boy and his mysterious vanishing?

Hehe... my aging OS teacher had dropped my exam on the 16, but I have a freaking PARTY that day, so I totally got pissed off, cursing like a sailor and roughing up the keyboard, and he switched me on the 15 instead. Being short-fused and hot-tempered pays off, some times :heh: :lol: . I have my last two exams the 15. I'm oh so gonna party SO hard on the 16. And the week after, it's St-Jean-Baptiste, which means another big ****ing party. :cool:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

16. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

All I did today was play Civ IV and Mechassault. I really need to get a life...

Edit: Top of the page? Me? Cool.

[ June 08, 2006, 06:26: Message edited by: Gnarfflinger ]

17. Felinoid

No news on the bird front. But the truth is out there, so keep watching the skies... :roll:

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I try and keep ABREAST of the situation... (Get it....bird front... :lol: )

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Pudasjärvi .

It is proably rather sad that I am contemplating expanding that article to uch greater proportions, right?

20. Felinoid

Pretty much any mammal's anterior, too. :angel:

And I can't help but notice that dear Ara has missed our little thread. :shake:

Well, it's off to my corner for a catnap. Night peoples. :sleep:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.