1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #77

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeaaah for jobs! I wish I had one.

3. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Ummm NO you don't :D Trust me ...

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Congrats MoN :thumb:

@Rally I always add Fennel bulbs to mine, adds nice flavour and they are lovely cooked slow, and my liquid is always a mixture of stock and wine.

5. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

DS, any particular type of wine? Do you use fennel bulbs whole or do you do something like chop, crush or grate them?

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Ugh, two more hours of work before I go home...

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Wiley, whole veggies stand up to the long cooking time better. Small bits will get mushy.

@DS: Me, too, re the liquid (Hubby's not big on fennel - we both loathe licorice)! If, however, people don't have wine on hand, I didn't want them to think that they couldn't make pot roast.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Yayness. I finally got 80 fletching.

Now, to work on the combat... if the friggin' screens will load. :grr:

9. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Wiley I like to use a merlot/shiraz/syrah for beef or game, and a reisling/sauvignon blanc for pork or lamb. And as Rally say whole veggies are better, kohlrabi is interesting as is sweet potatoes/yams. Spice wise I tend to be eclectic usually some Mace, crushed peppercorns, a bundle of fresh herbs and a touch of mustard powder and cinnamon, adding some roasted garlic and onions for the last 30 mins or so.

10. Wiley One Gems: 8/31

Thanks both Rally and DS. I have some new options to explore. :grin: :yum:

Wasn't sure if fennel was a spice or veggie. What is kohlrabi?

I am off to lunch to enjoy my leftover pot roast from last night.

11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Congratulations to myself: I've decided that I want to study medicine with barely a month to go before the application forms have to be sent away. It appears my great planning skills have struck again. :rolleyes:

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, what classes do I have today?

Hmm... AutoCAD, relaxation, AutoCAD and philosophy.

Blargh! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Way to go MoN! Good to see that perceverance brings fortune! May you be blessed with ever increasing interest towards your work :D

@shadow lurker: Umm, basic chemistry. Really basic stuff, and I think that I'm starting to get the hang of starting to get hang of it. I think. But no worries, even if I'm so not passing the exam anytime next few years to come :bang: That wall will give in some day, I'm totally optimistic about it. ;)

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What sort of medicine, Decados?

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Everyone is freaking out because of the tropical storm. Babies.

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The interview went very good and the guy was impressed but I will hear the result friday.
    I found out that I will be sharing the room with the largest game-review site in the Netherlands, gamer.nl (so much for concentration :p ) and if I do get hired, I will score some extra points for the nerd test: "You work in a building called 'The hobbit'" :D

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks guys! :)
    I'm top o'the world, atm. BUT....
    I want to share my luck. With a female, mind you. I feel like I want to fall in love, but I don't know with who. There seem to be some ladies who have an interest in me, but I am not as much interested in them. I feel sorry for the girl I just told so. Really.

Funny thing is: There were times I had a girl and the rest was not as rosy as it is now. Back then I didn't mind and didn't have any sorrows. Now, I'm top of the bill and can't seem to share it with someone like her. That's actually quite ironic. :D

Way to go, Delftenaar! (That's Morgoth for the 'ignorant ones here' :p )

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I am going to play some Obvlivion now, see y'all.

Edit: MMm I have succefuly accepted in the thief guild! Yay!

[ September 13, 2006, 02:34: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Blargh, the day was long and boring. AutoCAD still sucks so bad.

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

There are way to many spammers... I am missing 2 or three pages between spams. :( I can't keep up with the rest of you guys, with school and all.

On a happier note, we are taking the musical A Chorus Line to London in early march. If any of you are at British Highschools in london, be prepared! I am a techie, so all the wonderful sound will be my fault. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.