1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #8

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Math is cool. :D Although, as I remember it from way back when I was in school, it could be quite stressful as well.

Rallymama: havent' you been in the biz long enough to know that some project leaders are just salesmen? They can deliver whatever the customer wants, whenever they want it, at whatever price is low enough to make the sale. It's up to us to try to make his/her fantasy world a reality! :p

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yago - in my case, it isn't just Murpheys' law (that's how it's speltin this case) It is Thomas, Murphey, Hannah, Anmin, Dolina, Trinatay, Tristan and Charlottes' law.

3. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

He, He, I didn't know they were different spellings for Murphy and that spellings would change from case to case. But anyway, how do you spell McKenzie's principle then ?

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

One of Murphy's military laws.

- Don't ever look if your pipe is clean in your loaded rifle, if you do, there will be a hundred of bad jokes for an enternity about it.

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] lol, Yago, I was basically saying that my bad luck comes from the eight mentioned above. And That is how Murphey spells his name :p

6. Iago Gems: 24/31

:doh: , I thought you meant, Murphy (the law) and your group would work together. :aww:

But I can assure you, as person who somehow has survived his schooltime. It only gets worse. :heh:
    Well, most people started to get a brain and didn't want to work with me on projects. I can't blame them. But get used to it, it just belongs to the bad side of School. (And maybe the worklife after, can't be sure about that, but recent expiriences make me fear so.)

7. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ive got 3 1000 word assignments due within the next 2 weeks. Its not hard, but I don't wanna.

1st = Legal Studies. 1000+ words on Theories of punishment within Queensland, and how affective they are. What differences are there betwen children and Adult punishment. Create a survey to show public opinion. 5 min presentation showing results.

2nd = Study of Society. How violence in the media is effecting Adolecant behavioural patterns. Create a survey to get primary source.

3rd = Research and then help write 2 debating speeches, + own pre-rebuttal on the topic "Parents should have the last say in their childrens medical treatment." We're negative.

4th = Write a 5 min speech on who we think should be nominated for Australian of the year, and prove why.

The speeches are easy, and the legal assignment ive done all research needed. But the SOS is a bastard of a thing. I can do it all, but i Dont want to.

8. Eze Gems: 24/31

Who is this Rutkowski guy?

Math sucks, BTW.

9. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Murphy's Laws of Combat

-Recoilless rifles aren't.
    -Suppressive fire won't.
    -If it's stupid, but works, it's not stupid.
    -Don't look conspicuous. It draws fire.
    -When in doubt, empty the magazine.
    -Always keep in mind that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
    -If your attack is going well, it's an ambush.
    -Try to look unimportant. The enemy may be low on ammo.
    -If you are forward of your position the artillery will be short.
    -The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main attack.
    -The easy way is always mined.
    -The important things are always simple.
    -The simple things are always hard.
    -Incoming fire has the right of way.
    -No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
    -If the enemy is in range, so are you.
    -Friendly fire isn't.
    -Anything you can do can get you shot...including doing nothing.
    -Make it too tough for the enemy to get in ... and you can't get out.
    -Tracers work both ways.
    -The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
    -The law of the bayonet says the man with the bullet wins.
    -REMFs are everywhere.
    -The side with the fanciest uniforms loses.
    -If you are short of everything except enemy, you're in combat.

(note: REMF is a "Rear-Echelon Muther ******)

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It does. It sucks and it hurts a lot. However, it's unfortunately absolutely necessary. And helps a lot at times (especially if you never remember where you put the calculator ;) )...

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hey Baelzebub, a suggestion for the Australian of the year: Hugo Weawing! :p

I hate life... Life sucks.

Math sucks, too.

Need to see Reloaded SOON!

12. Eze Gems: 24/31

Ara, your PM inbox is full. I can't reply.

But I don't like it as well.

And Australian of the Year could be David Wenham.

Wanna know why?

That guy is the hottest Australian I know.

13. chevalier

Media:
    IWD1 with both expansions costs roughly $7.50 here. Wheeee......!!!!

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] Who's Murphy? ;)

15. chevalier

Media:
    Some guy who invented Murphy's Laws. Mock physical laws. It's never so bad that it couldn't be worse, you know ;)

16. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

My favorite Murphy´s Law: The bigger the miracle, the smaller the audience.

I still haven't found the purpose of Murphy's Law. Is he telling us to always look on the bright side of life, or is 'Murphy' just an eternal pessimist.

17. chevalier

Media:
    I think it's just cynical.

18. Iago Gems: 24/31

I think the rules are just a compendium of everyday expiriences, generalized as rules. They are not unavoidable, but there useful as guideline. Like a checklist. Don't believe they guy that sells you a computer, installing the thing will be no problem. If the problem of installing is solved, don't believe, that the OS is working flawless. If it seems to work flawless, it's crashing when you already have written some pages on it, without saving it of course.

He,he: I don't know if this works in English: Caution is the mother of the chest full of china.

Sidenote: I have in the meantime learned the necessary basics of getting a computer to work. I learned my lesson well. Don't worry. I haven't smashed a computer since at least 2 months. It's hard, but I am working on controlling my temper.

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Eze - I am the former Ivanji. Changed the name a week ago or so.

20. Eze Gems: 24/31

Ok. Cool name, BTW.

Anyways, in Sunday I'll be working (AGAIN) and in Monday and Tuesday I'll be off to the southern parts of Estonia with the rest of our class. And aftertomorrow I think I may be going to somekind of a party/moviewatching/sporting event thingie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.