1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #87

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ChickenIsGood
    Really!? :aaa: Wow you must love bread...But how can you eat plain bread just like that? I can't unless it's fresh.

--

Internet is sooo slow right now... >_< Che, I didn't even get a free diary from orientation day. I think it's got something to do with the VSU...at least that's what my friend was telling me..

Ooh apparently they're going to film a sequel to Hana Kimi! So excited! :D

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...one of my classes next quarter is 'Networking Concepts'. I sure hope it's going to be more than "Plug cable 'A' in to port 'B', then run the setup program, and hope everything goes well." :rolleyes:

Having to drop a class this quarter is kind of making me mad. The more money my work pays for me to go to school, the more money I get back on next year's income tax return! :D Besides bumping my graduation date back bit by bit, they're reducing my future spending money. :bang: :rolling:

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    If frying pans are scary, you should buy a splash guard. I had one that I bought from the pound shop, it's a sort of Mesh circle with a handle on. You lay it over the pan and the splashes of oil can't get out

4. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Oooh really? I've never heard of them before..I'll keep an eye out for one though. Thanks for the advice Shell~! *^^*

5. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Second the splash guard motion. They should be fairly easy to find. Just a large heavy wire circle filled with fine wire mesh and a handle. Lay it over the pan - it's big enough to cover every pan I have - and no more sudden burns from the oil popping.

re WOW addiction: I have a 20-something year old relative who really is addicted. He misses work, misses classes, tries to get his wife to write his grad school papers for him, keeps his wife and family awake as he talks loudly on the computer mike to his WOW friends. If the definition of being addicted is that the activity comes before everything else in your life and you're sacrificing the rest of your life to it - he's addicted.

On a lighter note, one of my acquaintances went into a Victoria's Secret store in the mall with her 7-year-old son, and he was walking around one of the mannikins which was wearing a skimpy pajama combo, and he said, "What's this, Mom?" and she replied, "Well, some people like to wear pajamas like that." His answer was: "Oh, gross, her butt's hanging out!" His mother thought to herself, "Just wait a few years, honey," but didn't say it.

Pretty day, but windy and seasonably cool - 40's F right now, wind makes it feel cooler.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hey guys, I know I haven't been on in a while (my life has been a mess for the last 3 months), but I'm just stopping by to say: I'm coming to London! Woooo! Yeah, I am going with my school to perform A Chorus Line at two school's over there: The American School in London (well, just outside of London), and Charterhouse (not sure where), so if anyone here goes to either school (highly unlikely, but whatevs), then be prepared for me ( :D ).

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I saw a little birdy going hop hop hop
    I said little birdy wont you stop stop stop
    stop your hoppin'
    stop your hoppin'

but he wouldn't

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Cheesegear, I know, I'm interested in the figures that enable such a system to keep going...

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

My friend pounded out a lower level character over the last couple of days so we can quest together. We are quite the team.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Why don't you try building a network with a server running Slackware? Much fun on the horizon.

The figures? Well, they take a large chunk of income tax - I get 41% of my paycheck cut... it can reach as high as *51%*.

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Saber: Good to see you back! I hope you're feeling better. :) Enjoy your trip to London!

12. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Daaamn. I knew it was high, but, still. Damn.

13. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Whoa...Fahrenheit kissed each other...! :aaa: :spin: Aaron + Chun and Clavin + Jiro...darn Calvin...bleh. -_-;;

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Crazy, isn't it? I earn a decent wage and one paycheck isn't even enough to have my own apartment, remembering the golden rule of "One week's wage, one month's lodging fee".

Easy to understand why I want out of Quebec.

As my buddy would say "The last one to leave: don't forget to turn out the lights"

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I feel your pain. ;) Marginal tax in Denmark is 60% or thereabouts, depending on your municipality.

16. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

One of my ribs is extremely sore and I dont know why. It was a real pain in the ass trying to get to sleep last night because of it.

Also, it is only 32 days until the start of Blues 'n Roots at Byron bay.

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Wow last night I played Civ IV from 10 PM to 3 AM Wow...

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Ofelix: Meh. My record it almost 14 hours of solid computer playing. Oblivion I think...

And yes, I was dead to the world the next morning :spin:

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    My record is four days in a row :p Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I did go to the toilet and sometimes fell asleep, but otherwise solid playing. 10 litres of icetea, chips and couple of chocolate bars was all I ate. I remember being pretty messed up during the next week, had headaches and diarrhea.
    Haven't played many video games afterwards :D .

And yes, the smell was... inhuman.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ah well... at least you had fun doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.