1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #87

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Another day dawns to continue the monotony. And it doesn't look like I'll be able to go for my weekly swim either :( Days off suck when you wake up late :heh:

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    This sucks...there are too many wants in my life right now. Besides the usual new computer and new vehicle wants...studio (photography) equipment, new handguns (for me and my wife), new washer/dryer, and a house have recently been added to the equation.

I *wish* I had my degree already and was promoted to a maintenance tech, making more than twice than I make now. :rolling:

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I burnt my toast. :(

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to have some more.

Good afternoon all.

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Yesterday we were the coldest place in the country at -35F, today we are at 36F. It is a good thing though, it would really help if the ice and snow melted off the roof.

Oblivion is supposed to arrive today in the mail, and the new PC should paly it quite well. I can hardly wait. Date night Friday, Red Lobster here we come, unless of course we go to Apple Bees! Either way, no kids just me and the wife.

5. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Not really. But, if you have a limited number of USB ports (like my laptop) using the RJ45 jack will free one up.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Insert relevent comment on your life here

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

@Dragonfly, I have a number of chickadees, bold little birds that they are! If their favorite feeder is empty they start chattering at me when they see me pull into the driveway. But then they are unhappy when I go out to refill it - they perch on the nearest branch and scold me some more.

Elios, hello and welcome back. I'm a geezer newbie myself.

Went from a high Sunday of 27 to a high Monday of 52, but still a few patches of snow left in shady spots. The old timers (yes, older than me) call it "snow waiting on more snow." But if the forecast is correct we may be past the snows of this season. We'll see; worst snows ever have come in early March around here.

Happy Fat Tuesday, all.

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Fat Tuesday?

9. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Mardi Gras, which in more civilised countries is known as... Pancake Day!

[Batman theme]

Pancake!
    nunu-nunu-nunu
    nunu-nunu-nunu-nunu
    nunu-Pancake!
    Pancake!
    Pancake!
    Nu-nuuuuuuh!

[/end Batman theme]

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Already? I thought it was ages away! Shows how much attention I've been paying, I guess.

11. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Oblivion has arrived, and is installed on my PC. After reviewing my system is set the settings to Ultra High. Now I must go and play it!

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Prepare to get bored out of your skull, Brallrock!

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    The shops had no pancake mix left so I had to buy ready made ones :( It takes the magic out of the day

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Pancake mix, Shell? Haven't you got flour, milk, eggs? Come on, don't be lazy!! ;)

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    No respect for good games.

Morning all.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Enjoyin' me day so far. Had an easy exam enough about René Descartes. Cogito ergo sum There exam done ! :lol:

17. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Work day's over. I'm off to get my taxes done. I hope I get a nice refund. Hopefully I can recover some of the money the Feds stole from me last year.

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Just had an unpleasent 1 hour, 40 min class of General Math A. The AC was broken and it was about 37o. And it was on ogives *shudder*.

So far, a bad day.

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Done with Kant. Required, recommended, extended. Byyyye. Can't say I'll be missing reading it, though it wasn't that bad after reading into it. Now, however, that I have to read into stuff twice to understand a complex sentence - and it's not like I don't know what Aquinas said anyway - I guess it's time to give up philosophy and get some schweet schweep.

/me yawns

Admittedly, philosophy is more interesting than law. Again, that's not that difficult. :sleep:

:outta:

Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Am I any wiser by reading all of this? :rolleyes:

Surprisingly, probably yes. But is it all excruciatingly boring. :bad:

Not like they ever invented anything new since the Greek times. Not like the Greeks invented it anyway. :deadhorse: Stuff's probably been around since neolith. Or before.

This leads to the following question: Is all this @$@#% I have to read immanent in the human nature? :hmm: :sleep:

The answer is 403.

Errr. Right. Vitaminum C(affeine) is no longer working.

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You really capture the essence of "babble" in RBP with your last post Chev. I get the feeling that maybe you sleep-typed that one. A good 10 hours of nap time might do you a lot of good friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.