1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #87

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The stars are blinding me. Get me a Mesquite chicken submarine from Mr. Sub so I can beat the lawyer lurking in the corner of my fractal universe senseless then feed his corpse to the hungry blue and pink spotted spiders who vomit cans of Red Bull while growling some Cannibal Corpse. Beware, spiders, don't linger too long, lest you get crushed by the Humpty Dumpty egg who's driving a Beetle made of marshmellows. Then everyone is invited for a dip in the Pepitos falls, bring your swords along, because it's the mating season for all-dressed pizzas, which makes it a good opportunity for an all-you-can eat.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ok DoTW, you win. Your post is WAAAYY more random then Chevys was.

3. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Those are two of the strangest posts I have ever seen on these boards. Wow! Kind of takes you to another place. DotW's is especially psychedelic. :hippy:

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Random? What exactly tells us that what we see and hear is random? Isn't order organized randomness? Isn't order made through chaos by adjusting it to what we deem is normal? What tells us that what we deem normal actually is? What sounds normal to us might sound random to someone else, and what sounds random to us might as well sound normal to someone else - it depends from the angle from which you look at it. As for my post being psychadelic, once again this is a matter of perception - is it really? Evocating images from a possible alternate reality is psychadelic? Maybe our world looks psychadelic to the folks from the alternate reality - think about it.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Think about it? I didn't even understand most of it.

/me crowns DoTW the lord of random

Bravo! Bravo!

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Well, I passed my MCP today, and that counts as 100% grade for the class final. This is a good thing. I guess this means I officially know how to muck around with Windows. :rolleyes:

7. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, I just came off of an eighteen hour shift. Yeah. I didn't think it was legal to work someone that long either. I got a few breaks, that's how they made it legal.
    At least it looks good on my pay-cheque. Why yes Miss Ten-Hours-Overtime, I love you too.

Oh, and I had my first coffee in about five years. I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now. Anyway, now that my body's slowed down, it seems like my brain is shutting off the adrenaline supply.

For you non-medical kids, when you're 'over-tired', your brain gives you a shot of adrenaline (well, your adrenal gland does) to keep you going. That's why you stop getting tired. Then, when you're not doing anything (like when you get home after a party), the brain shuts it off, and you fall asleep for like 10 hours.

...I think I might go to sleep now...Somebody wake me up when Heroes is on...

[ February 21, 2007, 09:22: Message edited by: Cheesegear ]

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Time for some more lex aeterna with Aquinas. Exam starts in 6 hours 6 minutes. Yuppee.

@Dragonfly: Yep, that's true. Thankfully, I'll have the time for that after the exam. That is, if I can sleep with the result. But the examiner believes in me, so... Let's just have hope. The material is very broad.

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Aaah, Fairuza, Fairuza, Fairuza...

Mebbe I'm hypoglycemic. That would explain a whole variety of neurological symptoms I seem to be having... :nuts:

But so would hypocondria. :rolling:

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...I had my PC Tech final exam today. The second part of the exam was to diagnose 4 "broken" computers. Took a grand total of 5 minutes to do all 4. :p The first one had the power switch disconnected, the second one had the main mower connector to the motherboard disconnected, the third one's hard drive had a missing SATA cable, and the fourth one didn't have any RAM. :shake:

If I don't get a 98% or higher on that test, I'm going to be mad. :p :rolling:

11. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ugh. The girl in the drama I'm watching isn't very good-looking... -_-;; (Why oh why does Jiro's character like such a snobby stuck-up character!? T_TT )

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Still haven't figured out my compy problems.

I did get a hold of several 2E DnD books last week.

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I bought Russian stacking dolls from Russia....on eBay :lol:

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Mmmm....time for sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep. I wish I could just lay in bed for at least 10 hours every day. :sleep: :rolling:

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Random eh?

When the truth is found you'd better find somebody to love! Because Lather was thirty years old and I should've said « no you're not old ». But it is a wonderful life and don't try suicide! Nobody cares! The white rabbit once told me: « Fat bottom girl you give the rocking wolrd go round! ». So there I stay at the beach with cellofane flowers and newspaper taxis. I see a chap who claims he sees a Lucy in the sky with diamond. But you know we're all human afterall and last night I had a dream about you. In these dreams I was made for lovin' you baby! Mustapha! Allah will pray for you! But I think in all our hearts we just want to ride my bicycle! Bicycle! And really don't want to be a candidate for vietnam or watergate!

Ain't that funny? Just try to find every musical reference in that randomness!

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hey any diabetics here by the way?
    Or hypoglycemics?

Fairuza!

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

No not diabetic nor hypoglycemic. But could be diabetic type II as I get older as several older relatives have it.

Sunny after overnight thunderstorms that made a general mess in the yard - small branches down, leaves everywhere, stuff blown over - fortunately the trashcans were bungee-corded to the fence or they'd be across the road, over the little waterfall, and far downriver by now. (Happened once before but I learned.)

Morning, all, and hope the Fat in the Tuesday wasn't too.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Judging from my father's family, I'm a Type 2 Diabetes case waiting to happen. :mommy:

19. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I'm still digesting yesterday's pancakes... :yum:

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Hope you didn't put too much sugar on them Colthrun, or you'll be diabetic :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.