1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #87

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Your actually better off catching Chickenpox as a child, because it grants you immunity to catching it again. Because if you catch it as an adult, it can actually be really quite serious.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Kind of a strange day. Very bumpy.

3. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Chevalier
    Yeah I know..especially since I don't live on campus and there is no where to go because it's not the main campus either. Sounds like you had it waaaay worse than me though. >_<

@Ofelix
    Well at least you know someone. I don't really know anyone in my course and I haven't gone to orientation day yet...I hope I can make friends quickly since it's such a small campus...

--

Hmm I just downloaded some wierd game involving Sub Zero and Reptile...I'm gonna go check it out now..the music has been looping over and over again...

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

@Kuemper, still thinking of you and your folks. Good wishes to them both.

Re chickenpox, yes, if no vaccine is available, best to get it over. But watch him for complications after he seems well. I developed encephalitis after my bout with chicken pox as a child and nearly died. It's not all that rare a complication, either; I have three adult friends who all had the same thing happen to them. Just what you needed to hear, eh?

RL totally stinks right now. Computer life is way better.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @shadow lurker: Don't know. It was time-consuming and irritating, but most of the time I had somewhere to go. A short trip home or one to the library, no sitting or roaming around.

6. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wow, it's hard to think of how much I have changed since first coming on these boards. I joined here after my fourteenth birthday, looking for help with Icewind Dale 2, and decided to stick around. That was my first week or so of high school, too. Now here I am in my first year of university, almost five years later, with my full license, and starting a job that would actually be relevant to my futurethis summer (assuming I find one for co-op) :p .

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Lol, thanks revmaf :) He's fine with it no fever or anything and he's quite happy, just incredibly spotty :lol:

120 spots :eek:

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I am tired, been working on my PC all day, must take a nap before I go to work tonight.

@Shell, you should get a marker and play connect the dots!(non-permanent of course)

9. Dice

Media:
    Heya Shell, did you ever think that counting spots is kind of a weird hobby? :p

@ Revmaf - Yes, RL often stinks. I was just imagining life without computer/internet and it was very grim indeed.

10. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

I have got one hell of an f-ed up tan at the moment. My right hand is a lot darker than my left because of my watch and golf glove. I have two big half circles under my eyes from my polarised sunnies and my sock tan has become more prominent.

Should do some more swimming to even it out a bit.

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Yay, thanks to my new haircut, I look pretty again! :D

Do the BG mages/priest sometimes say "nachos" while muttering their spells? Or am I just hungry?

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    They realy don't, but the mind can play tricks.

13. Dice

Media:
    Maybe they do ... even mages gotta eat you know.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

There were some friends coming over tonight, and I gave them a taste of my remix of Sir Bel's abyssal chili... they'll probably think twice before accepting a dinner invitation at our place.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

15. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    @Dfly - Well, it helps pass the time :lol:

Glad to see the FAI is coming alive again :)

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

w00t, scored a hat trick today ;)

17. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@Chevalier
    Lucky you...at least you can go home. There'd be no point for me since I wouldn't even be able to make it halfway back in time! :( *sigh* The library at my campus is kinda small and I haven't really seen anywhere to go...I guess I'll have to take a good look around the campus on the orientation day..

@TrueBlueAussie
    I thought you didn't mind your sock tan...? :p :D

---

Mwahaha most people are starting uni tommorow! :spin: One more week left for me~~! *^_______^* :spin:

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :sick: I have been sick in bed the last three days with the as predictable as inevitable annual post carnival sort-of flu :sick: and enjoyed all the entertaining, familiar stages: Day 0: first sign: sore throat -> Day 1: fever, chills, even sorer throat, headache, inability to sleep, exaustion, no appetite -> Day 2: sweating, headache, sore throat, inability to sleep, exaustion, no appetite, self-pity -> Day 3: sore throat better, headache better, found sleep, grumpyness -> Today: everything smells and tastes silly, beginning cough and sniffles, predictably increasing tomorrow.

The last three days have been tiresome, boring and annoying. So I have decided I've had enough. No more hanging around in bed today. And I cunningly prevented me from doing it by making my bed as inhospitable as possible by washing my plumeau and cussion hot with disinfect. Won't be dry until tomorrow, so I'll be stuck with a warm, but inferior woollen blanket. That'll teach my 'inner schweinehund'. And now I'll have a walk in the park.

19. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Hehe, not when its this bad.
    And how come you get another week? I have to start uni tomorrow, though it is only one lecture at 7pm so I get to stay at home during the day. And I get wednesdays off :D

20. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Tiiiiired. I'll sleep tonight. At work at 7.00am too in the morning. That's outrageous and horrendous that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.