1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #88

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Why is the day of rest always the longest--and least restful--day of the week?

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Speak for yourself, I slept all day.

3. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Good am/pm folks. I think i'm back and this idiot computer will keep working now. NEVER (caps by intention) buy a Dell!

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, I sat down and proofed over my taxes this weekend - I get a refund of my ENTIRE amount of 'taxes paid'....two-hundred-odd dollars. Whee - I made a pittance for gross income last year... :bad:

That, and then my PC started getting funky on me. I think it was my AV software developing a glitch that it cannot close any window after it's completed its daily scan (gotta use "...is not responding; end now? <Y/N>" to get the dialog off the screen) After d/l the software again and then isolating my PC from the internet, I disabled and uninstalled the A/V, double-checked my registry, and then reinstalled the application to a different directory, just to be sure.

Then noticed that my current fave game keeps CtD'ing when I try to load a saved game, so I had to uninstall THAT, and found I couldn't remove certain files or the directory in which they were housed. Reinstalled the game in diff directory, patched and it seems fine now.

I'm thinking, however, that my hard drive has some bad sectors coinciding with were the anti-virus and the game were being stored. A thorough scandisk looms in the near future. :( So much for that tax-refund. :nolike:

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wow, life is so strange sometimes.

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I started a party in WoW :lol:

I started dancing andmore and more people joined in. 'Twas fun :)

7. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Looked at more cadavers today. More jokes about the uni going across the street and digging up bodies from Rookwood "the largest cemetary in the southern hemisphere".

Hmm..apparently if you put mentos into a bottle of diet coke it gushes out like a fountain! Cool...

Need to buy my uni polo shirt tommorow before my size gets sold out..Che, it costs $32.90 More expenses. :rolleyes:

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Arg. I failed my Litrature SAC. I've got a redemption Tuseday after school, and if I fail that I fail the unit... My life is looking down right now. :(

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You're only finding out about that now? :skeptic: Where the hell have you been? :p

If you put a few cups of water and a chunk of dry ice in to a 2 liter soda bottle, and tighten the cap down really tight, it makes what's known as a 'Dry Ice Bomb'... It's fun to stick them in garbage cans, mailboxes, and other small containers and watch them blow up. :evil: :D

In other news...I took a 2 hour nap that I really shouldn't have. Now my sleep schedule is going to be all messed up. :bang: :rolling:

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I didn't do it, I swear! I got a date with PC Medic this week for mine. :grr: What is it with people's compys going Weird Science on them this month? The DST "patch"?

My avatar is the only thrill you're going to get today. :p

11. Daie d'Malkin

Kuemp, so there's no point me going on that date tonight? Damn you and your avatar with boobs...Mmmm, boobs.

What was I saying?

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Says you...my wife just got out of the shower and is getting ready for a day on the town with her girlfriends, followed by a night on the town with me. :love:

Speaking of my wife....ummm....I'll be back later. ;) :rolling:

13. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Back briefly - RL and work still consuming every waking minute.

Question: how long do I have to be a grownup?
    :(

Maybe there is a year when I will reach post-grownup-hood.

Oh, well.

No time to even catch up on all the posts, but good morning, good evening, and good night to all.

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Don't worry, revmaf, childhood is just around the corner. Although I'm not a good example because I decided somewhere between ten and twelve that I did not want to grow up and be an adult. :spin:

15. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Good morning all, much happy today. After 2 weeks of phone calls and set up as well as hardware replacement my new computer is all the sales dept promised it would be. Up to 7 hrs at a time on the phone...but I have everything and it works! Quite a big deal when not all the hardware installed was compatible.

16. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Please, please, please, if you haven't heard of "yiff" before, PLEASE note the strong connotation of fursuits before using the word.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Taza, hush. I was trying to not mention that :p

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Argh, I need incentive to start playing the guitar again. Like a working guitar cable -.-

*Sigh* I need incentive for a bunch of stuff.

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I need motivation to continue college NOW I've NONE whatsoever.

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@ Ofelix - Does :money: :money: :money: work for you? Seriously, these days a high school diploma is barely worth the paper it is printed on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.