1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #88

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Guernica has planes. Planes are mightier than swords. Ergo, Picazzo pwns all over your swords :p

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I would rather see Picasso on shrooms wielding swords.

...or swordchucks!

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Maybe it was a cold day ;)

Who invented hills? They must be punished!

4. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Okay. Either A) I need to see my doctor again about my arthritis, or B) I'm just getting old.

After finishing up work, I took the spiral staircase up to our store's breakroom. Near the top, I had to stop; the wear and tear of spending a full shift on my feet was just too much to climb all the way at once. :(

As I leaned on the railing, groaning faintly and staring annoyedly at the last five steps, a co-worker from produce, who was re-stocking a display of hothouse tomatoes right at the front door below me, called up "You want me to come give you a push?" I chuckled ruefully and struggled up the rest of the stairs.

Admittedly, rain/sleet/snow was falling outside - I should realize that my knees are a better indicator of pending precipitation than a strand of catgut. :bad:

Where'd I put those glucosamine capsules? I should start taking them more than once a day, I guess...

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Spring my ass! It's -12 C here! Shoo go away winter! Go!

7. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@TrueBlueAussie
    9am to 8pm?! Whoa...I'd be falling asleep in the last couple of lectures if I had to go for so long! >_< Free lunch? Lucky...The only thing I got for free from my uni so far was getting the Daily Telegraph free for a week. -_-
    The tennis balls sound interesting, but I'd rather keep the very few tennis balls we have intact. ;)

@Iku-Turso
    Iron Chef *is* cool. *^^* I like the little sayings they have when they give a brief background on the main ingredient. My favourites are "Let the bones do the cooking" and "You can keep the fillet" :shake: the voice they use is soo funny.

@Saber
    Geh...the sight of Daniel Radcliffe annoys me. Never watched a single a Harry Potter movie and I don't intend to anytime soon. It's like in Epic Movie where a man dressed in the uniform goes "My name is Harry Potter. I am at 14." and the people are like yesss...sure you are... O.o

--

Geh, I hopped over a chair in the lecture theatre and sat down, banging my elbow on the side table in the process. So painful, and my friend wasn't very helpful. She just laughed at me and offered to hit my other elbow to even out the pain. >_<

Yay for subbed mvs~! Chao shi huan ni...lalala... :D

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Last night I saw an ad for the Jeep Patriot.

:skeptic:

I hope someone gave props to Rockstar games.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

No, I'm insane.

Insanity is fun! You don't have to explain yourself to anyone...

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i just saw Prime. Good movie. Very funny in the early parts bec of Meryl Streep :D Uma Thurman was smokin in that movie :love:

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ow, sheesh! I just broke a filling! One moment happily munching at these horrible tasting cheap candies and the next *crunch*!

There's just no justice in this world...

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That just goes to show you that if there is no nutritional value is a food you are eating AND it tastes like crap then you shouldn't eat it. If it had no nutritional value and it tasted good on the other hand then at least it serves the purpose of making you happy.

13. Saber

Hahaha, my hard drive has no more space. Absolutely none. So, I started putting my files into .rar to conserve space. Well, I did not realize that while it is putting the files into .rar, it does not delete the original. So I was just using up even more space. What I am going to do is .rar them one at a time, and then keep the .rar files on this harddrive and send the original files onto my 200gb backup.

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I have no life. :(
    [ADD A HALF-LIFE JOKE]

...and then realise it just proves you have no life.

15. Saber

Wait, .rar files don't compress the files, do they? I was just comparing the sizes... they're almost exactly the same. :(

16. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    RAR do compress, usually better than ZIPs from experience (and they're a tad slower). So unless you've set the compression option to "none" or "store" or something like this, they should definitely compress.

On a completely unrelated note, my mouse is not moving up. Which means I need to buy a new one, but I'll try to get away from that by cleaning it (it's a PS2 ball mouse... yes, I am retro)

17. Saber

No, I haven't done anything like that... but the file sizes seem to be the same. Could it be telling me the uncompressed size of it? In any case, I will continue compressing just in case.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Saber: What kind of files are you compressing? If the files are in a compressed format already (like .JPG or .MPEG), you can't compress them any more with ZIP or RAR.

If you're viewing the file sizes in the RAR archive and not in Windows Explorer, the original file size is shown under "Size", and the compressed size under "Packed".

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Dropping in to report my continued existence, in work overload mode. RL also still totally unreasonable.

Hey, it is starting to seem like spring here - it's 71 F outside right now, according to my little desktop remote thermometer.

(You know you are getting old when you get a remote thermometer for work.) :geezer:

Best to all - back to work.

20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I started my new job in a publishing house today :roll: It seems quite ok as far as I can judge by now. And I look forward to saying farewell to my old company next monday :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.