1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #88

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

OMG, I just jumped out of bed when I heard the garbage truck rumble by. :eek: I can't go back to sleep either. :nolike: Kinda glad though. I was dreaming of Dr. Who episode The 5 Doctors and replacing the Doctors with the James Bonds.

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Somebody call Guinnes. I'm about to go from zero to drunk in twenty euros.

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Nothing like Megadeth's Symphony of Destruction to wake up :D

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Today is P-day in Denmark. For those who don't know, the "P" stands for "Påskebryg", or "Easter Brew". In other words this is the day when the breweries release this years Easter Brew, which is specially potent beer.

Since people think they can drink as many Easter brews as they can drink normal beers, the results will normally be a lot of very drunk people, usually young and alcohol-(un)wise people. :beer: Youth hasn't grown much smarter since I was in it. ;)

5. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Saber, I second Montresor's comment. You may be suffering from clinical depression. It's treatable. Don't let it go.

Less seriously, it's turning into quite a nice day, and it's my day off. I may actually spend some time outside for a change.

Annoyingly, this is the weekend the U.S. goes to daylight saving time. Ugh. Lose an hour of sleep on Sunday. Yes, sports fans, it's earlier than it has been in the past. Some of the dim bulbs in Congress actually commented that more daylight was good so they were going to change the time. Others, with a better grasp of the rotation of the earth, its axial tilt, and its revolution around the sun, say it's an energy saving measure. I say it's . . . well, I won't use the word on this site.

Can you tell I don't like it? You can??? Goodness I must be a great writer!

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bah! What annoys me about it is I have some clocks that automatically update for daylight savings time (one that sets the time automatically from an atomic clock even). Very convenient, now useless. :mad:

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

There has been some talk of making daylight savings time permanent which is just stupid. Time is supposed to be defined relative to the position of the sun. If they really want to achieve energy savings, or whatever, instead of shifting the time why not shift the time at which we do things? Have the work day from 8-4 instead of 9-5 etc.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    When do we do the daylight savings thingy? Hmm..dad is in charge of that kind of thing, but it looks like he's ill as well.

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    JSBB, I think that DST should either be abolished, or made permanent - one or the other. This :bs: of changing the clocks has got to stop. It no longer serves a purpose in the industrialized world, and I have a feeling that the non-industrialized world doesn't really give a dying rat's a$$ about what some clock somewhere says.

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Best wishes of prompt recovery for you and your dad, Uytuun. DST starts at 1 AM on the last Sunday of March in the EU.

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    This RBP has had a slow start.

I'm running 4 characters on World of Warcraft now :lol:

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The WWI and II have been over for a good 60 years. DST can go. Or better yet, I'll move to Saskatchewan or Indiana where they don't have DST! :banana: An interesting factoid:

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

crap, I'm drunk and horny :/

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Get yourself back out mate, get some girl. Any do the trick when you're drunk and horny ;) .

Off out myself in 10 mins. Just got ready. I'm not getting drunk tonight though, I'm going to take the car so that I don't drink. I really can't afford to. I've got drunk so much lately, it's a real drain in the sky rocket...

15. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Huh? Is that why we have it?

The logic is flawed, cos we started Income Tax to pay for the Napoleonic wars, and I'm sure they've been over for a few years.

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah, new gem. Not that I ever see my gem really. Oh well, unless I start spamming a whole lot more then I am going to be stuck on this one for a good long time.

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Uytuun: In the EU we switch to daylight saving time the last weekend in March.

@Everyone in general: DST is a briliant idea for driving people out of their minds but doesn't serve any useful purpose.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    DST? I'm used to it, and like the additional daylight (I know it's basically a fiction, but anyway) for jogging. I hate that day with one hour less though :nolike:

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Since I'm going with another ISP, service with my actual ISP might get canned anytime, so if I vanish for a couple days, it's normal, even though I'm sure I could vanish and no one would notice. :holy:

I got fed up of the 1 GB upload/download quote - having to ask my bro to download my stuff for me irritates the hell out of me, so I'm going to the competition who offers me *20* GB download and upload per month. Not to mention it's significantly faster for a marginal price difference (5$/month).

In the meanwhile, excuse me while I go replenish my stash of caffeine.

20. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

That's what my time to go/leave to/from work are. I also get;
    4pm-12m
    6pm-2am
    12m-8am
    4am-12m
    6am-2pm
    12m-8pm
    Except, most days I'm doing 10 hours, not 8. But those are the times I'm supposed to go home. But, with the way the Health Care system is, I rarely ever get to go home on time.
    Especially when I'm 'on call'. Then I get to (potentially) have 16 hour shifts, or longer if the situation demands it.

And, contrary to popular belief, no-one has s** in the on-call room. Well, maybe they do, but neither I nor anyone I work with knows anyone who has. So, that must make it a very rare occurance - if it happens at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.