1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #88

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Just bought the box set of Hellsing. Never thought it would be so good.

In other news... there is no other news. Err... carry on.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I normally work from 7:45 to 4:15 - of course if they moved everything an hour earlier I would work from 6:45 to 3:15 - my start time is dictated by the need to get to the train station early enough to actually get a parking spot which means that I have to be there for one of the earliest trains.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    kuemper, don't you want to spend that extra hour of daylight working in your Victory Garden? Shame on you. Tsk Tsk. Oh goody they moved DST change to March. I get to change my clocks this week end. Now do I fall forward or spring backwards?

Guess someone up there decided EU knew something we didn't know in the USA. But kuemper why did Canada go along with it. Last time I checked Canada was an independent country as well as the only country to defeat the budding Republic soon to be called the United States of America. Unless you count the Alamo.

Oh well enough random dumb babbling.

Good night all or whatever time it is where you are.

edit: Hooy, 22 more posts and I'm officially a Rogue. Please note Rogue spelled R O G U E.
    I know I haven't mentioned that recently but come to think of it I haven't seen it misspelled recently. Congratulations to all. For real now: Goodnight.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Its spring ahead and IMHO IT SUCKS!! I always dread the spring time change. I hate losing an hour of my precious sleep that I don't seem to get enough of anyway.

Enough grumbling - time to play something for a while before I drift off to dreamland.

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yay for '88, the year I was born in. And for that matter, yay for'07, the current year in which I find myself inebriated. Ever so inebriated... And to think, only six more months until I caj do so legally. Good times are sure to be had.

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

2 girls were having a serious cat fight in the house directly behind ours last night. I was a very quiet night so everything could be heard extremely cleary :D

Apparently one of them had slept with the others boyfriend

7. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Finished watching Kurosagi! Kurosaki is so cool! *bang* hehehe :spin: I finally figured out how to watch "The Devil Beside You"! I wish Mike He wouldn't smirk all the time...it looks so annoying -_-

Rainie is so funny though, her expressions are so comical and manga-like. She's coming to Sydeny soon for a concert -too bad I've never heard her music before (except for the songs she sings for DBY).

8. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Quick Nakia! Spam 22 more posts and then you can be a Rouge!

EDIT: Hmm...Strange...I can't seem to find anything that needs editing... :skeptic:

9. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

I need to go do a CPR course soon. I guess I'll ask my friend to come with me, I think she's going to go to the same venue to do the course. The one offered at my uni seems a little...expensive and besides I wouldn't be able to fit them into my timetable.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I got my new employment contract per mail today, already signed by my employers side :roll: and I'll celebrate signing it with a glass of my best scotch. I'm in high spirits, will go out tonight.

A little background: The marketing firm I work in has a callcenter. I have been working in junior management at the backoffice side. A US business consultant, who was here to have a look at our company, told me in private that my firm was a 'slavery', a 'sweatshop'. Considering the generally tougher climate in the US that should have been a warning. Well, at that time my pay and hours were ok, and I forgot about that comment.
    When announcing to cut my hours, my boss 'generously' offered me that, for more money, I could anytime squeeze in shifts in the 'production', aka callcenter (for less pay, of course) and :mad: contribute :mad: to the company (he really said that, about one minute after praising me for how satisfied he was with my work) to make up for the loss. That was not generous but simply exploitative and sleazy. :flaming: That bloody jerk :flaming: I decided I wouldn't eat that sh*t sandwich and spend my now excess time to look for a new job.
    He repeated that offer to other colleages whose hours he cut. Our reaction was an unanimous 'F*ck you'. What a surprise. Well, our boss was surprised by our 'lack of gratitude'. Narcistic a**hole :flaming: Originally I considered a quiet, gracious exit, but really, why? Our 'fun company' is a transparent fiction anyway. First, it's about standing up and self-respect. Second, these folks are in dire need of some unabiguous feedback (not that they will learn anything of it). I can't wait to tell my current boss that I leave, and why. Been nice way too long. Considering his likely reaction, I'll probably end up showing him the finger :spin: Honesty, at last ... :shake:

Only bright spot about the company: For a long time I got good money, I learned a lot, and -- bad bosses forge tight groups with good comradery and make happen this amazing meta-communication, that all-telling nod. I'll miss some of my colleagues.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Someone :help: ! I hear the lure of tribal drums from Civ II! No... no! I don't wanna play just one more turn!! I saw the Chinese, Americans, Mongolians and Celts to Alpha Centauri already. DAMN YOU, SID MEIER!!!!11!!!SHIFT1!!!!

12. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@Kuemper
    :lol: Luckily Civ IV doesn't run too well on our computers so my brother's not that into it anymore.

--

YouTube is loading too slowly... >_< Che, I wanted to see Jiro rapping in fobby english! :D Looks like I'll have to wait.

Apparently Chun secretly visited Sydney recently after he went back to Melbourne!

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Hey shadow lurker :wave: Are you well?

@kuemp I've just left Civ III Conquest, with the same problem, right after the next move I'll get lunch.... 30 minutes later Ok after this move, lunch; I agree DAMN YOU, SID MEIER :lol:

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Thanks, Montresor and chev. ;)

15. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Jack's new craze is watching factual films on National Geographic. Yesterday we watched about hovercraft (is it hovercraft or hovercrafts?) and today its about the sinking of the Titanic

16. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Good for you, Ragusa. I had a friend who said that, as he left his office for the last time, he planned to have a sprig of mistletoe pinned to his coattail. ;)

I am glad I am not just some old geezer for hating DST. Where I am, near the western edge of the time zone, this change means our children are going to be getting on the schoolbus in the dark again, for another month at least. There have been two kids hit and killed on their way to the school bus stop in our part of East Tennessee this year. I am at a total loss to understand why this is acceptable to anyone.

But Nakia's right - we need to go tend those victory gardens, and also turn in our toothpaste tubes so we can get new ones!

BTW, I remember reading about a woman whose husband worked at the secret Oak Ridge nuclear labs for years, who thought right up until he died that he worked in a toothpaste factory. :)

No secret to where I work, or that I am (in theory) working this morning. One of these days I'll find a job that doesn't require working on Saturday. Ha ha.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hell yeah. At least you have DRY hear in your part of Canada... I have HUMID heat, so it's pretty much unbearable here. A month of suffocating heat (too hot to do anything) and sweating like a pig, anyone?

If I can't find a freaking job before April, I swear you'll see me pop up this summer. I needed an excuse to practice my English anyway.

18. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I just can't wait until summer, this incessant cold and bitter wind bites at my soul. :( It makes me sad to see it so cold. I can't wait until I can run outside in my bare feet, through the grass (watching for dog poo, mind you), into the water... to the beach! Sigh.

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Attention. Daie, of the Julii family, has just conquered Western Europe. He is now working on Russia.

That is all.

Oh, you all oew him taxes, you smelly little barbarians.

20. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    *re-opens the mic*

Attention restaurant customers:

Testicles.

That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.