1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #89

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, and anyway, when you think about it, it's not really a stunt that you'd particularly want to pull. The first thing most people who've read it and believed it would do is start leeching the downloads like there's no tomorrow in an effort to grab everything before the site goes strictly commercial. Depending on the amount of traffic, this could be a problem.

The second issue would be the inevitable threads upon threads of outrage, anger and flaming.

Finally, even after the joke was up, it'd probably leave a bad taste in many people's mouths.

So this is really one of those things that seem like a good idea for the first five minutes, but upon reflection, not really.

Oh, and don't think that this is the first time anyone's pulled that stunt. I've seen it done at least three times over the last 10 years.

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Good Morning everyone.

That is all.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Civ 2 is a fun game. Look kids, the Hanging Gardens of Liverpool! :lol:

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

So I may be on a schedule of working in the morning, napping in the afternoon, sports in the evening and internet at night...

I need a life, don't I?

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes - that has been the main problem at this other site..... Everyone flaming the administrators and saying that all they care about is money.

6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

:sick: Keith Richards admitted to mixing his father's ashes with cocaine and snorting them. That's like a perfect ten on the 'wrongness' scale. :sick:

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Done with the 1500 words assignment, though I have another four hour exam tomorrow.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Better get to studying...

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    No kidding. That's just... disturbing. :toofar:

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Isn't Keith Richards the one who fell out of a coconut tree or something? He seems weird anyway

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yep! But he was already pretty weird :nuts: before that. :lol:

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

You have no chance to survive make your time.

*Yawn* All this travelling is making me woozy. Aberystywth to Edinburgh. Edinburgh to Aberystwyth. Aberystwyth to London. London to Brunei.

It's gonna be the death of me.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot.

All your base are belong to us.

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    For great justice. You know what you doing.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...the upcoming road trip is looking like it's going to be a lot less fun. My friend wanted to stop at a strip club since we'll be outside of Utah...but we'd have to drive another 150 miles from where we're going to get to the nearest strip club...so that's not going to happen. :rolleyes:

The booze and illegal firework shopping spree is still on, although, I might be buying Jessica a handgun later this month...so my extra funds might be less than ideal. :bad: But we're still going! :D :rolling:

14. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

@ Icu-Turso.

Take off every Zig

15. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    So romantic! :lol:

I think I'd prefer flowers

16. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Ofelix
    Hahaha don't worry, yesterday I went to uni at 8 and found out we didn't have class until 11 because the lecture was cancelled. +_+ Luckily most of my friends were there too hahahaha...

---

Tommorow is the last day until the break!!! :spin:

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Last day of school before easter. My shooting begins next monday. This is going to be the end of me. Camera, Spotlights, rails (for perfect camera mouvement), microphones, amphibiant equipment (we will film underwater!), actors, the team (Director, Cameraman, Soundwoman, me, make up team, photographer). In all, about 10 person in a tinny place plus all that stuff for serevals long hours... Yay! We have a pretty restricted budget too, about 1,200$. Oh well a man's gotta do what's a man gotta do eh?

That's just WRONG :eek:

18. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I think it's touching. That way, your father can live on in you forever...

...as a booger :1eye:

19. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ Mesmero
    :lol: Hey is that a new smiley? I've never seen it before...

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    No, I really just think he has no respect for dead. Snoring your father's ashes mixex with cocaine? That's just wrong in my book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.