1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #89

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The gall bladder stores and concentrates bile to aid in digesting fats. Without it, the cheese on the pizza just sits there in your stomach. Or worse yet, passes through as a hunk o' cheese and you end up making a "special delivery" to the Tidy Bowl man.
    Keep in mind the rules of the board to keep yourself out of trouble with the mods/admins:

- no more than 5 posts per page
    - contribute something semi-intelligent to the argument
    - don't one word or one smilie post
    - give Tal money so you can be an account holder and post in SPS areas, too :grin: :money:

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    How about intelligent stuff? Or is that :yot: in the RBP? :p

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Aye aye 'tis because I'm a man of RBP, and honnestly I doubt my english is good enough for the Alley, I mean to express fully my point of view. If this forum was in my native french I'd probably always be in the alleys :D and my post count would probably be doubled.! Also do not forget the fact that in 2002 I was 14 years old! I was considerably younger.

And as a side note I've register 3 or three day before Chevalier and look at his post count.

Never can ye be off topic in the RPB !

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Kitrax, Aye the CC did help but I think it helped Harbourboy even more. :D

@Montresor, Sure you can post intelligent stuff in RBP. But why? RBP is one place you may be safely dumb. Semi-safely anyway.

News from New Jersey: What happened to Spring? It has been chilly here the last couple of days.

edit: Gosh, Spers are getting good. I have not caught any one misspelling rogue in a long time. Congratulations!

5. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

@Dragonfly, thank you. It was quite good and there were indeed consequences, which Kuemper described with considerably more delicacy than the experience itself.

Without the gall bladder, the enzymes needed to digest fat are still there, but they drip into the stomach at a constant rate, and there's no reservoir for a sudden large amount of fat coming into the stomach and needing to be digested. That's the gall bladder's job: hold the enzymes till needed, then squirt them out in the required quantity.

Interestingly, one of the risk factors that led to my gall stones and gall bladder removal was that I had lost quite a bit of weight on a fat-controlled diet. With some folks that means the enzyme sits in the gall bladder and crystallizes when it's not used, making gall stones - really, really, really painful, those, when they start moving around.

Ah, what a nasty (literally) twist this RBP is taking! I'm all better now, the unpleasantness lasts a few hours and then it's all gone. Real gone.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I should probably shave, but I'm too lazy. Besides, it doesen't itches like crazy yet, so one more reason NOT to do it.

No school today. No work today. Yep, this oughta be a good day where I get to do absolutely nothing.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

If I had a nickel for every nickel I have, I'd still be broke.

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yay! :banana: After three days of hard battling and searching every possible place for the right code I finally got my Zen V to agree with my Ubuntu!

Would've probably taken a lot less time if I'd know to use Linux better, but meh, as long as it works...and it's not that I would've had anything better to do for these three days...

I even managed to get Amarok into my system, seems pretty neat, I guess I'll be using that from now on since it's graphical interface is a little more appealing than xmms'. Haven't tried if it can find my Zen V yet, but if not I'll be using Gnomad2 for file transfer, it seems to be working just fine. So now it's partay tiiime! :banana:

9. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Getting up at the ungodly time of 6:30am to go to uni is just unnatural.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Good! Now try the same thing with Slackware.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :banana: Heureka! :banana:

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    um, as I peruse the Board the thought, strictly a rambling, bumbling one, crossed my mind that some of our newer members aren't aware that we have two (2) administrators and two (2) mods. That's it and it is their job to police the forums and decide what is allowed and what isn't.

Oh well I guess we were all noobs once.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Discovery is part of life. Life can depend on discovery.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:eek: Both tv channels are owned by the same company?!?!

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Blargh, back to school -.-

*Sigh* I am still not enjoying life anymore. (Wait, do the still and the anymore cancel out?)

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Election stop in an hour we'll finaly see if we were intelligent enough to get rid of the damn liberal party.

17. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Going back to work after a long vacation really sucks. I'm still on Hawaii time and only got 3 hours of sleep last night. After a full day's work I feel like a zombie. :coffee:

18. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I really miss chocolate......I gave it up for Lent.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Looks bad so far. The damn Liberals still lead last time I checked.

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I like chocolate. I like good quality chocolate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.