1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #9

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

YAY! Tomorow I'm leaving for vacation!

I'll not be here for 10 days! :)

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I shall be gone for about 10 days as well... LARP gaming and such in sigghts. I'll actually meet Harkle... :D

I'll miss you guys :(

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Rallymama:
    We have 2 cats ourselves. My wife was the one who wanted them, but of course they like me instead. But I've kinda grown attached to them, so I understand how you feel.
    As for a hug, my wife would probably rather give you a slap upside the head. There is no way she would give them up; if she had to choose between the cats or a new house (and probably me), she would take the cats hands down. Of course, they don't crap all over the carpets, either, so I understand your position. Hopefully they're young enough that they will be adopted quickly.
    **gives RM a hug**

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Rallymama, unless they're too old, sterilizing them will eliminate the problem. We had the same problem with our cat and it "cured" him completely. I'd still rather have him go through that and keep him than give him away. It seems cruel, but he doesn't act any differently than he did before, and is still just as lively as before.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    [​IMG] Good advice, Tal, but we beat you to the punch - all three (2F/1M) have been spayed/neutered since 6 months old.

I hate to say this, but ever since we became parents, we get less pleasure from having them around. I'm not sure we're being fair by keeping them, when we don't give them the kind of loving attention they used to get all the time. Or am I just making up a lame excuse to assuage my guilty conscience? :(

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Don't give them away... they've got used to you over all that time. It's a stressing and woeful experience for elderly animals to change masters, place, habits... They also feel emotions and they will perfectly know they are being disposed of.

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Rallymama, I’m assuming you’ve thought this all through, and you’re obviously anguishing over this. What it boils down to is, if you keep them, they may not get the attention they got before, but they would at least be with people they know. By giving them up for adoption, then in all likelihood they will eventually be put down (unless it’s a no-kill center) since I gather from your comments that they are older and therefore not likely to be adopted.
    Then there is the “marking turf” factor. If it weren’t for that, quite frankly I would say that you are being a bit selfish, since when you take on a pet, you are taking on a responsibility that should last the pet’s lifetime; that you “get less pleasure” from them does not let you off the hook, IMHO. But the marking turf issue changes that – it’s just too bad you can’t figure out which cat is responsible. (I assume that the turf-marking is the real reason you are giving them up, and not just a convenient excuse.)
    Please don’t interpret the above as an accusation, because it’s not. I sympathise with what you are going through.
    On a side note, and just out of curiosity, did this problem start before or after you had children? If it was after, then that may be the problem, since cats take a while to adjust to babies, which are seen as competition for your attention. AFAIK, they usually get over it eventually.

8. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Bah! Vacation postponed for one day. So, Saturday morning and for other 9 days I'll not be here.

9. chevalier

Media:
    Holidays... for two weeks already. And I've done nothing apart from getting drunk a few times and infatuated. Hmm... oh joy, long live the lazy summer and holiday laziness :rolleyes: ;)

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Lucky northerners. I'm on my winter holidays, so I have to go back to school in 2 weeks. I started last week. Our school and about another 7 in Brisbane get off a week before everyone else, which is great, but I still have to go back. School is getting boring and repetitive, and repetitive, and repetitive, and repetitive, and repetitive, and repetitive, and repetitive, and repetitive, and repetitive, and well, you get the idea.

11. Volsung Gems: 14/31

But when we're at the repetitive school, you're swimming in the sea under the hot sun.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Ah, two weeks of utter bludge.
    *Aikanaro summons up a nice comfy chair, a drink, and proceeds to do absalutly nothing*

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Ah yes, I remember the good old days of summer holidays. Now, I am excited because Canada Day is on Tuesday and as a result the boss has given us a four day week-end because he decided that it would be silly to open Monday and then be closed on Tuesday.

14. chevalier

Media:
    Again... it again turned out this way... as though I hadn't predicted that...

Seems I'm going to devote myself sincerely to roleplaying for some time... oh well... and to decimate the coffee in this house.

Onward, heh...

15. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It is now official, I passed my second year of university in physics. Nearly three months of holidays await me. :roll: :) :rolling:

The sad part is that most (if not all) of my closest friends will have to pass some exams again, which will leave me virtually alone during August. :(

Some people I know in Syria and Israel invited me to visit them this summer, but for some reason I don't think I'll go. What I got left are plans for either Greece, Latvia, Morocco or even Cuba (hell, I didn't save all that money for nothing).

:) *is happy, really happy* :)

16. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Rallymama, did you ask your vet about reasons why one of the cats might be doing this? It might be a bladder infection! When cats have pain in urination they stop using the litter box and pee/poo everywhere else because they think that it's something in the litter box that is hurting them.

You probably won't be able to find a home for an animal that does this. It will put them on the "unadoptable" list like aggressive dogs and they'll be put down. Unless you can find a no-kill shelter willing to take them, in all honesty, it would probably be more humane to have your vet put them to sleep with you there to comfort them rather than give them to a shelter where they'll be caged, frightened and eventually killed all alone by a stranger. It's not an end I would wish on any of my furry babies, under any circumstances. (And my biggest cat, Khalid, has destroyed over $1000 worth of electronics equipment, carpeting, and window coverings, so I know how frustrating it is to have a badly behaved animal!)

17. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hm, cats. cats. cats. Do what they want. Dogs do what they are told.

18. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Memo to self: Don't get pets. NEVER.

Anyways, you are being kinda selfish and blah blah blah.

Oh yeah, I met Arabwel in the rail station in Helsinki. Me and stepsister were going to Tampere with a bloody train. Was kinda cool.

And people, Suomi on helvetin kivaa.

(The Finns will know)

19. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Man, whatever happened to those funny little Japanese electronic handheld pets? Tamagochis, or something like that. No worries there. :p ;)

20. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Cool, Eze. Isn't Finland great place?

Oaz, the last time I saw one, were fours ago, so I think that they have been forgotten and abandoned. I've never had one. :sleep:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.