1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #9

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

2. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Damnit, I never got round to finishing that homework I said I would do...

Doesn't everyone find it so easy to get distracted when theres something more interesting you coudl be doing...

GAH! I have 2 essays to write before monday. And I spent all of today making internet banners for a compotition... I entered four times. Thus increasing my chances of winning, Excellent.

I don't care what I win, I just want to win.

3. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just bought the White Stripes album "Elephant".

Good verse in the first song...

And I'm talking to myself at night
    Because I can't forget
    Back and forth through my mind
    Behind a cigarette
    And the message coming from my eyes
    Says leave it alone

Reminds me of myself...my poor pillow has probably seen more thoughts than an ithillid.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Late-night Thinker:

Good one. More or less like I, of course considering the fact that coffee serves as cigs counterpart for me. Leave the innocent pillow alone, better take a walk. I always do when there's something to think over and getting drunk doesn't seem a solution.

5. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yeah I can't do the drinking anymore...been clean and sober for about a month now. Was very difficult at first, but getting better every day. I used to drink A LOT. And smoke things 'sides cigs. But enough about my struggling brain cells.

Actually I haven't had any serious insomnia since I quit all that junk, which was oddly one of my main excuses for getting bombed. And on and on the cycle would go.

Hmm...thinking about changing my SP name...

Late-Night Thinker seems a little...on the nose.

Hmm...will have to think about this one a bit...

Maybe NascarSux...nah still kinda on the nose...

tough decision

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Random Babbling Post thingys are great...
    ... untill it gets over 5 pages and then I just get completly confused :confused:

7. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

We're going to see Adaptation with mom today. Kewl.

What else?

Oh yeah, started rewriting incredibly stupid story.

8. chevalier

Media:
    Good morning world! It's 11:25 am, close to an hour from my getting up. You know what's the joy of the morning? Yes, I hear you guess it correctly. Coffee. Congrats, my little geniuses, you've got it all. With the help of a hammer and a butchering knife I was finally able to cut off some ice-cream from that box. Next I generously poured some Pina Colada over it and placed the whole cup under the proper hole of my expresso... Black, black, black. Only a little could accomodate after I put that ice-cream and Pina Colada in, so what actually did fit was the very initial stream of blackness... No sugar, no milk. Hurrah! Now I can battle with the Sunday.

9. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have to study all day... dear god help me!

10. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

I just discovered that someones broken the desk we use for the keyboard...

I'm to lazy to fix it...

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dammit, I could have posted here first if my computer hadn't stuffed up :(

12. Erebus Gems: 16/31

Does anyone know how to play Funky Town on a cell phone?

13. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

No, but we're dying to know :D

14. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Life is a game and true love is a trophy.

What exactly is wrong with New Jersey? Is it the Bolton of the USA or what?

What image comes to your mind when someone says "Rebel Prince"?

(For me, it has to be a Sahuagin :) )

15. Harkle Gems: 16/31

Random babbling is chaotic. Everyone are speaking of something and others may listen or not. But at least this is good topic to tell something, that isn't really important, but still worth telling.

16. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hey chev, all that coffee will kill you!! :(
    I don't wanna loose my poor pallie... :wail:

17. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Oh... Can you guys do something to cheer me up?

I took the Cambridge CPE exams(that is exams for competence in English as a foreign language) and I failed. The results haven't come out yet(August or something) but it was so very difficult I probably failed.

Dissapointment. Exhaustion. Depression.

Am I so useless?

18. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] You're not useless, Alexander. You don't know you've failed until the results come out. I've never seen a mistake in your postings, so I'd say you're pretty good at English. I didn't even know you didn't speak it as a first language! ANyway, English is a very hard language to learn.

19. Volsung Gems: 14/31

You don't know what this exam really is. You haven't seen any mistake because I use easy and simple expressions/vocabulary etc. There you have to speak even better than the English, if you know what I mean. You have to be *perfect*.

Anyway, you helped me a lot. You made me smile. :)

20. chevalier

Media:
    Alex, you really shouldn't worry. Those exams appear to be more difficult than they really are. You'll probably pass it with some other grade than A ;) Besides, most native speakers fail anything above FCE when it's tested on them. The backside of the certificate says that your English is on the level of an educated native speaker - that's hardly applicable to barely adult people even if their own native language is concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.