1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #90

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

6 am is too early in the morning to get up. Combining breakfast around 7 am and lunch around 1:30, closer to 2 pm, that makes Sunday the toughest day of the week. So much for a day of rest (but I did sleep for about 4 hours in the afternoon).

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    At least you have the option for a nap in the afternoon. Sometimes I really really miss sleep.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

*Waves more noticeably*

Hello? Anyone there?

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Hubby's grandmother died last night, she was 93

Add to that his father dying in December, makes for some interesting times

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    First day of school for the term. It wasn't bad as far as first days of term go, but I won't be able to use the computer as much. *sob*

On the plus side I did all the homework for posably the first time in my life.
    /me does a little jig

See you all later, I'm off to the Zone.

8. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I have been listening to a lot of hippy music today like Xavier Rudd, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, John Butler Trio etc.

I am feeling at peace with the world because of this :hippy:

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Welcome to Canada. From what I hear, snowstorms happen quite often living on a frozen tundra. :p :rolling:

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I might get a degree in Photography right after I finish my Cinema one, might be cool.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

WTH did I post here last night?

:skeptic:

Did anyone else see that beholder waving its tentacles?

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

just discovered pandora.com, awesome stuff. thank god for this, was running out of music to listen to

13. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yeah, I've used pandora.com for a good while, it's great. Really helps you find new people that makes the kind of music you like.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Pandora is really great, though not perfect. When searching for a specific song Pandora search for «musical similarities» with other group and therefore you can end up with a completely different result then you intented. An exemple; about a month ago, I was searching on Pandora, the song «Dust in the wind» by Kansas, Pandora gave me a multitude of song that had the so-called «musical similarites» or simply remixes or other song by the same name, actually never did I find «Dust in the Wind» by Kansas, which was what I wanted in the first place. When using Pandora you must keep in mind it rarely give you a specific song you want. Nonetheless it is a great tool for discovering new music.

Since Pandora, so far, is limited to the United States by requiring to put a valid US Zip Code here's a tips. Using google or 411.com, search for a US public institution (like an hospital) and give to Pandora the Zip Code. That's what I did, I gave the Zip Code of some NYC's hospital :p

Edit: Also, if you don't want to search for a Zip Code, a friend of mine told me that in the English's Wikipedia article on «Zip Code» you can find exemples, and they work in Pandora :lol: .

15. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Monday already? That just doesn't seem right. NOOOOOOOOO! :aaa:

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well don't worry Dinsdale - after monday comes tuesday. Then comes wednesday. Then comes saturday I think. So technically only 2 more days until the weekend :roll:

17. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm so hungry that I regard Aiki Noodles as haute cuisine.

18. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Hmm. Interesting way of looking at it. I LIKE IT! I guess I should never underestimate the power of positive thinking. Thanks, Dragonfly. :)

19. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Ever gone crazy from waaaaaaay too much caffeine? :roll:

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yes, when I first began drinking energy drinks. Nowadays, it has as much effect on me as water. Except that it tastes better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.