1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #90

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Actually, it was his talking about it in the chatroom that convinced me to pull it off the shelf. I got it as a Christmas present when it came out (since I enjoyed 1 & 2, I figured I'd like 3), but back then I couldn't run it because my game boxes still had Win95, and WC3 requires Win98 or later. Rather enjoying the story, at least more than the gameplay (which isn't bad, but isn't great).
    Eloquently put. :shake:

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I never liked that frase. Down Under? Honestly who came up with that?

3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    re: funny hat man

I can't remember which one it was, maybe 9? He's right at the beginning of the game and he wears a pointy straw hat with a a blue jacket. he has a sort of black hole for a face with just two eyes looking out. At the beginning of the game, he goes up a long street doing quests to a castle where he has to climb over the rooftops with either ladders or planks, and theres a big fair on with a flying boat.

4. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

That's Vivi, and Final Fantasy 9, though he looks like the Black Mages from the earlier FF games.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My life is a major suckfest. That's the gist of this post, so skip to the next one if you don't want the details.

I have my second, double ear infection for the year. This causes my throat to become infected and swell shut, my tongue to grow 3 sizes too big for my mouth and grumpiness in general.

Cause of this illnesses 1: a British F-I-L who still thinks the Axis powers are strafe bombing. I constantly fight with him over how 62* is NOT "room temperature" and everyone in the household is sick because they are so effing cold. :flaming:

Cause of this illnesses 2: Being a poor, uninsured Canadian immigrant sucks. :nolike: Without insurance, I can't even *see* a doctor to get the 4 honkin' gigantor cavities in my teeth filled. And this is with *reputable* dentists! I don't even want to think about the "back alley" ones.

This also means I can't see a GP for antibiotics or medication of any kind. They won't even talk me and have their PAs politely hurry me out of their office reception areas. :bang: This is why you see me touting home remedies a lot.

Annoyance Factor 1: My diseased body has a side affect: my feet are swollen from ankle to toes to the size of baseballs (yes, I measured). WTF?

Annoyance Factor 2: I have gout, which means I can't have chicken broth or soup. I'm stuck eating ice cream, hot chocolate and beef broth. Mt. Dew isn't helping this time. :(

Annoyance Factor 3: I'm running a fever at 98.6 degrees! :confused:

Other items: WTF is up with Richard Gere in India? Dyson vacuums suck.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    /me sends much sympathy and a kind thought to Kuemper!

7. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Dentist....
    Somebody struck me with lightning, I don't wanna go! :wail:

/end crybaby

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yay for Coffee. Yay for the first sunny day of the past two weeks Yay for the first day that is above 0C since Saturday Yay for nothing Yay for everything Yay for Bom Yay Life

The Flix is unexplicably happy today.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I got ill again.

Damn the dodgy food over here. I'd complain, but I've been cooking my own food.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    How fun, one of the tailored ads on SP was for a book I'm actually very interested in reading! It's now on my wish list, should anyone care to buy a Mother's Day present for the unoffical mom of the BoM! :roll:

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ DoTW - Thanks for the Zero hon :) .

@ TrueBlue - Well I'm glad the woohoo factor outweighed the humdrum factor.

@ Kuemper - There must be some emergency services of a person in your situation. Start calling community help lines and don't stop until you find someone to help.

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Something weird happened today. I gave blood since there was a collection going on on my college. But then after the donation some guy pops out of nowhere and tell me « Blood donation is the devil's work and unchristian ». WTF? I'm not a believer myself, but I asked myself how giving blood to save life is unchristian? How can it be the devil's work? Who is that weird guy anyway? :confused:

13. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Three things:

1) Ofelix, you have a serious drug problem.
    2 Do they stab somebody in every season of 24?
    3) Why didn't anybody say you could do thief (and I mean real rouge rogue) stuff with Drizzt's armor in BG?

14. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The Jehova's Witnesses and probably other religious sects consider it a sin to accept blood transfusions.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Daie, you made me laugh when I feel like s***. Thank you. :)

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I am in perfect health... for now.

My parents will likely kill me when they find out I haven't done my Literature homework. :mommy:

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do your homework - then you can stay in perfect health Magister!

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Kuemp, you're welcome.

Just watched all of Elfen Lied. I'm trying very hard not to cry right now.

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Late starts online really aren't good for me...

I need to save off on Medieval 2 when I get control of the TV for the night and get going...

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I am at a loss of what to say. Therfor I shall say nothing beyond what has just been said.

So say I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.