1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #93

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
  2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    That's the Dutch no. :p

They say niiiiiiiiiiiiiii. :p

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It! :p

Caught another mouse last night. He was brown instead of grey; a nice change.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    :banana: :banana: 7 Hours, 15 minutes and 37 seconds until my vacation starts!!! Whooooo :banana: Hoooooo!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm bord.

In other news, My entire family is ill except for me.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'm idly waiting for my flatlass to help me assemble my wardrobe.... :coffee2:

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Part day off, big whoop.

Still hot, still dry. Though admittedly not as hot as it will be later this summer.

Wish I could still eat pizza without bodily repercussions. I have a strong urge to stress eat.

Keep on babblin'.

8. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Horrible weather out there, and I have to cycle back home... :mommy:

/me looks for a suit of power armor

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

[​IMG] Well, seems this aforementioned pile of crap started oozing out of his uniform. :hahaerr:

Work 9am-4pm; big thing is getting the hot case filled with fried food for 11am; did that fine, and a little earlier than I'd expected. This gave me false confidence...

Took a lunch break, adn the sit-down and a bite refreshed me (was still coughing some and a bit short of breath all through the day).

But then I started to run out of steam by maybe 1pm... :o

Maybe a half-hour after that, I'm getting ready to fry some 'nine-cut' chicken pieces; I go to the cooler grab a plastic case with 25kg of chicken in it, lift it up to my chest as I usually do, turn around to place it on a trolley, and then my fingers then decide to go on strike as the case is half-way between the trolley and my toes.

That thing is LOUD when it drops four feet onto a tile floor! :eek:

At that point, my boss stepped up, patted me on the shoulder and suggested I call it a day. :heh:

What really sucks, is that I have this severe cold (I cna usually work right through a three-day annoyance infection) just as summer officially begins. :(

In Related News, I buckled under and picked up some cough syrup for the first time in several years - WOW that really cleaned my throat out...at least for the first fifteen minutes. :heh:

And in Entertainment, I've been going through the GTA3 games, and am currently on San Andreas - I'm reminded of a hilariously apt fake ad on one of it's radio stations (half the reason I play the games :D ):

:lol:

Well, that's it for the news here and we hope you're having a wonderful day, because all of us here at the Jaded Empath News Network are gonna go back to bed now. :sleep:

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I misread the bolded above as flatass. :lol:

Must do something constructive.... must grate cheese...

11. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

OK, just looked up the radar, and our best chance of rain this afternoon looks like it's fizzled out.

Come ON, weather! Grass is soooo crackly.

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hmm, does anyone else here actually like reduced fat products better than the originals? Reduced Fat Cheezits (-40% fat) are crispier and tastier in my opinion, no fat Fig Newtons taste about the same, reduced fat Cape Cod chips (-40%) taste about the same. For sodium, reduced sodium soy sauce, wine vinegar, and chicken broth all taste better than normal stuff... the normal stuff is way too salty.

I like healthy(/healthier) food!

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I just love my new Ubuntu OS, I can do so much thing with such ease! If only serious gaming could be done in Linux I could defenitively get rid of Winblows XP.

14. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I've done something bad to my ankle, methinks. I jumped to block a shot and landed on it funny while playing basketball today. The wierd thing is that there is and was no pain, it couldn't support me for maybe 15 seconds and about two minutes later it added 50%+ on to it's size... wierd.

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I mostly eat reduced or fat free products. Cream cheese has to be fat full.

My sunburn has tanned, but I didn't peel like I expected. :( There went a whole day's activities in the trash.

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, after a long nap, then a break from that for supper, then some reading in bed, and more napping, I'm now wide awake at 2am. :rolleyes:

Not tired at all, and not feeling anything more then a little bleah (mild cough); I know if I go to bed, I'll just toss and turn to the point of waking my wife...

This cold is becoming a ROYAL pain in the patookus! :grr:

*twiddles thumbs*

---

ION, as for 'fat free' it depends on the item. Mayonnaise appears to be either way with me - I can tell a difference, but it neither tastes worse. Plenty of stuff is like that, so I'll grab the 'reduced fat/fat free/diet' version if it's not more expensive that the regular.

Other things I find I *have* to have the fat - skim milk is just cloudy water to my palate. Medium ground beef needs that fat when I'm frying it - the extra lean burns far too quickly.

Back to your actual QUESTION :o I don't recall encountering something that tasted better when 'dieticized', but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. :)

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ubuntu. f******. sucks.

On a different note, summer sucks.

On another different note, I miss Taco Doritos.

[ June 23, 2007, 07:52: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

18. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    The closest they really got to me was Waldo, but the smoke just went right down I-75 and blanketed G'ville. I get the feeling I know what smog looks like now...
    It's been pretty soggy the past couple of days, yay! It cleared up today, though.

As for Ubuntu, the biggest problem I'm having is that it does not want to use my wireless card. It recognizes it, just won't connect with it.

In other OS news, if you think WinXP sucks, try Vista. Talk about a lousy OS (IMO, anyway)

[ June 23, 2007, 08:59: Message edited by: Stefanina ]

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Every freaking OS that Bill has dumped on the market SUCKS, period. Win2k was the less worst of them, IMO.

Winblows XP - don't get me started on this one -- installed it so damn often during my computer tech class that I developped an allergy to blue and green.

Vista - resource hog, full of security holes. Enough said.

And while we're talking about Linux -- there are some other distros out there that whip Ubuntu's a** - Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, Slackware, SuSe - okay, Slackware might be a bit more, ahh, difficult for average joe, but it's very powerful.

Blargh, that being said, I'm out of caffeine until tomorrow. :mad: :mad: :mad:

20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] When to upgrade to Vista ;)

Seriously, as with all Micro$oftware: Wait until they release Service Pack 1 - by that time the worst bugs and "security holes" (read: "security barn doors" :skeptic: ) will have been eliminated.

/me passes mug of coffee to DoTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.