1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Taxes suck in general. :nolike: With the amount of overtime my wife and I have been working lately, we have been getting raped with taxes. We should get a lot back on our income tax return though...that is, if we haven't moved up another tax braket again. :bad: :rolling:

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    You don't even want to know... Turns out I just have to give up what I've been doing because of brackets. If I were to earn a couple bucks more at this point, it would not only get me screwed on casual tax levels, but also make a criminal according to the letter of the law. And no one cares, well, except me. Even the tax officers don't. But I just don't want to violate laws, even if they're dumb. So hello-no-more-income-until-the-end-of-the-year.

You have no idea what it takes to do anything else than salaried work in this country and even then, they just rob you blind, but at least they don't try to make you a criminal at every step by piling up confusing formalities (every tax expert and every tax office has a different opinion and the opinion of the ministry of finance doesn't seem binding on subordinate tax collection organs) under a criminal penalty. As for salary, double the average and the state will take a half from you.

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Boooring

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The MIL is putting wet rugs on the hardwood floors upstairs. :confused:

5. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Can this week go any slower?

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Id say not mate.

(2:40am and still going strong on nodoze and whiskey)

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I seem to be restless and grumpy...maybe doing something productive will cheer me up. :shake:

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I'm just grumpy and want to destroy things.

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm not the only one it seems.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Is it wrong of me that the only reason I want to go to work this weekend is because this charming lass will be there ?

@Chev; Don't want to piss you off but well legally I don't have to pay a cent of taxes since I'm a full time student still living under my parent's roof. :D So my enormous pay of 180 $CDN per week goes directly unto my pockets.

EDIT: Well time for me to get too bed, fortunately my Friday's morning Tennis class are over! Weee! So I can sleep a little more tomorow.

[ October 19, 2007, 04:50: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

11. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Almost 30 hrs since I was last asleep. Starting to feel it but caffiene, beer and whiskey will fix that.

:banana:

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Friday. Yippe :)

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, one exam down, which went better than I thought it would. Two more to go.

On a different note, a longtime friend of mine is dropping by this weekend (with one of her friends, go figure), and my bro suggested we go play a couple of games of pool. Sounds good to me, besides, I have an easy day tomorrow.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Did see the movie. IT's as good as I've heard. Now to figure what to do tomorrow...

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...taking uppers and downers at the same is a great idea. :rolleyes:

I had to take a mid-term exam for my online economics class this morning...it's only took an hour and a half...but I got a 88%. :D :rolling:

16. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

@Kitrax
    The whiskey didnt bing me too far down mate, cause Im still going strong after 34 hours without sleep

17. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Owww. Yesterday, I slipped on water that spilled on my kitchen floor. Today I have a left hand & arm that is not happy with me.
    At least the glass measuring cup I had in my hand didn't break. That would have added a whole new level of pain, not to mention blood.
    Off to take painkillers now.

18. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Having the keys in my wallet works perfectly....except when I'm drunk. I was about to loose them AGAIN yesterday. Luckily enough I lost them at the bar or someone brought them there so I got them back. I'm really pushing my luck though and the idea of a chain starts to look more and more tempting.

Today's party has been cancelled meaning that I get some time for R&R. Finally. I probably should cut down on my drinking.

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'm alive!
    *Waves*
    And now, to return to Marxist Literary Theory.

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Mornings are evil, that is all. You may resume your daily activities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.