1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #98

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Flix, so sorry about the job. Wish I could just advise you to say good riddance but all my adult life I've had to pay my own bills and I know how frightening it is to have a paycheck yanked. Best of luck finding a new job quick.

I actually had heard of white tea, Tennessean though I am, but only because during a recent mind-numbing business trip the limited cable selection included History Channel and I saw a documentary on tea. IIRC all tea is tea, but how it's processed right after being picked results in black tea, green tea, or white tea. Then the various flavored teas you find on your shelves have additional things done to them after that initial processing.
    Other trivia bit: the standard tea bag, so abhorred by much of the world and beloved of Americans, is not glued or stapled (except to attach the string at the top), but only very tightly folded. OTOH the herbal tea I drank last night didn't have a string and didn't look folded, either.

Goodness, what strange things we talk about here.

ION, my oven is deceased. This is a big problem with my mammoth baking season only a couple of weeks away.

Babble on - back to work for me.

Ofelix likes this.
  2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    White tea and green tea are a huge fad here in Utah right now. If it doesn't have one of the two teas in it, and there is an "extract" of them in it. :rolleyes:

I only drink ginger tea...and that's only when I'm really sick. The stuff doesn't taste good at all, but I guess that ginger is supposed to clam a sick stomach...so I tollerate it. :rolling:

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh well Revmaf, it's not like I live on my own or do I have bills to pay. You forgot I'm just a student :p However the problem of University's fee hasn't changed. I still need to find the money. Only considering the school's yearly fee (that exclude books and the like) my five year studies (Apparently I need a Mastery degree to teach) will cost me 10,000$ Roughly 2,000$ a year ot 1,000$ a term. As of now unemployed I barely have 2,000$ Meh.

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have a huge unopened cannister of white tea that I bought in China last year. I almost never drink tea so I can't imagine that I will be going through it anytime soon - or what on earth I was thinking when I bought it. To make matters worse it came with an identical sized cannister of oolong tea which I have barely started. On top of that I have an unopened tin of royal blend tea that I bought from Fortnum & Mason last time I was in London. I bought a half dozen tins to give to people and unfortunately I ended up with one more tin than people were willing to take.

I got some good news this morning. One of the jobs I am applying for is actually going to start contacting my references. That usually means that the job is all sewn up but the job is with another area of my present employer so there still exists the possibility that my boss could be a total jerk and block the promotion/transfer.

5. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I don't care for tea too much. Don't like coffee, either. What a freak! :nuts:

6. Ofelix

Media:
    The ¨green¨ goolge is ironicaly black :p Blackle

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Blech. When will this damned sinus infection go away? I'm running out of painkillers.

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Trellheim's Law of Sinusitis
    It won't go away. Ever.

The colonoscopy was horrible. And they found nothing, except drugs that are less potent than the previous ones. Already had them a year ago, no worky.
    Different doctor it is, to Germany, I go.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hey, I agree, I hate coffee and love tea. My girlfriend has gotten me into tea.

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    A wise lady indeed.

11. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, I don't mean to steal from the great Rev. King, or trivialise an important (continuing) event in history, but:

"Free at last, free at last; Thank God almighty, I'm free at last!"

I just received my happiest statement for my Student Line of Credit.
    Balance = $0.00 :D

ION, it's been drizzly on and off all day, and there's a chance of...ugh, I hate to say it - snow tonight. :nolike:

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Good Morning
    I have a dry through.

...That is all

13. Ofelix

Media:
    I have acquired sustenances and I shall now integrate these nutriements for future uses into my body via my digestive mechanism.

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yer scrannin', Flix?
    Enjoy, kidda.

15. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Oolong? I like Oolong tea...
    I should be doing homework, but I don't feel like it.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :mad: I got a pain in the back :mad:

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I do understand you.

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I need to order MotB soon. Running out of things to play.

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I am ready for this philosophy test. It is on Pascal, Descartes, Spinoza, Liebneiz, Hobbes, Rousseau, Locke, Wordsworth, Cooleridge, and heavily on Blake, Tolstoy's Death of Ivan Ilyich, and Dostoyevsky's Underground Man. But I think I have it covered. And I am good at bsing philosophy stuff :D

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Another boring day, though I have managed to start getting Christmas presents off lay-by

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.