1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #98

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I had an anxiety attack this morning. I got to thinking about how I need to let people know I might not be posting/messaging them and I totally freaked out and obsessed over all the nasty things that can happen in prison. :mommy:

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I am beginning to hate my back. It's always at it's worst when I need to work...

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Babble babble babble...

Damn I'm tired. :sleep: :rolling:

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Greetings. I will now attempt to babbling to fulfill my random babbling post obligations. babbling babbling babbling. Done.

Mm I'm kinda tired of being...tired. (Yeah that was a bad pun) Maybe a good ol' hit in the head would knock me for some hour? I'm kinda desperate for good sleep.

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    @Saber: Isnt Philosophy all about BSing anyway? :p

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Trell: ick, sorry the colonoscopy didn't offer any better treatment options. Only had 1 so far but it was not pleasant.

JE, good for you! Nothing like a "no payment due" statement in the mail.

Kuemper, wish I could think of something meaningful to say but I can't. Hang in there.

And to all: babble on, like good SP'ers!

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I'm playing with my Slinky. :banana:

8. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Huh, I'm at 700 posts.
    Do I get an extra juice box?

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Sheet. I need to change my bed linen. It's just been there for too long, nothing dramatic or traumatic or even remotely embarrasing here...

edit: And Kuemp, best of wishes and lots of strength, my thoughts are with you...

10. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The Proseminar and some other university things are making my head feel kind of unstable. Like one of those round, black cartoon bombs.

Maybe a little :beer: will take the edges off.

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I had a weird dream involving me making a smash hit multiplayergame that happens in space, is played like a mixture of the old Rainbow Six(1st person), KotoR(third) and Rogue Squadron(ship). The quest thingy was RPGish and galaxy awfully similar to KotOR but much larger (1000 planets) and you could go anywhere you like - no sudden glass walls.

Probably has something to do with the talk about Bioware's upcoming Star Wars MMO. :tie:

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Only if you're the continental type... or an existentialist (but they really aren't doing philosophy... A.J. Ayer would say they're merely doing poetry).

I now have dish soap all over my legs and am at a loss as to how it got there.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sometimes I really wonder about how the management of the Bank I work for seems to think that the general population is made up of complete idiots.

A Portugese bank had eight branches in the Toronto area and sold them to us when they decided that operating branches in Canada was too much of a hassle. We have just issued a press release talking about how all eight branches have been fully converted over to the standard format of our normal branches. The release is crowing about how this increases our branch network and coverage of the Greater Toronto Area.

First off, we already have a ton of branches in the Toronto area so adding another eight really isn't that big a deal to begin with. Second, the one converted Portugese branch that I know of is within two blocks of TWO other branches of our bank. Why we needed two branches in such a small area is one question but having three there is just completely pointless. What a tremendous increase in coverage that represents. :rolleyes:

We bought out the Portugese bank to get its customers and eliminate competition - not to get its branches. Anyone with a brain could figure that out.

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I think I need a cup of tea.

Arguably so.

Edit: It should probably be pointed out that the above comment was not to be taken seriously. I am currently studying philosophy.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Urrgh! This is NOT my week goddamnit! :mad: Just receive a 85$ ticket at school. As soon as I lighted my smoke outside that arrogant bastard security guy shows up saying I violate the school's law concerning smoking near the school's proprety. We are only allowed to smoke outside of a 9 meter radius of any door. But the thing is the "allowed zone" wasn't protected by the roof, and it was freakin' raining, raining hard. Beside I haven't started the bloody thing yet! I just lighted it. Haven't they the slightest shred of you know common sense?! What pisses me off the most is the fact that in school, smokers are regarded at best as abnormal second class citizen freaks and at worst as some kind of monstrous abomination that ruins society and should be put to death. Goddamn, smoking ain't illegal yet. You know what? The price of this bloody thing is almost the entire amount of money I'll receive for my 8ish hours of work I did at my "new" job... yyeeeaaaaah. Just not a good day. Let me tell you LIFE SUCKS :mad: :mad:

Edit: I edited some of the text since I was clearly overacting and posted it while the influence of anger, still it pisses me off.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Something like that happened to a friend of mine, flix. He was making his way to the "allowed zone", and he was about to light his cigar... BAM! A ticket. He contested. He won. I suggest you try the same thing.

Other than that... it's a long boring day at work when there's absolutely NOTHING for me to do. I don't mind wandering on the web on those downtimes... but I HATE doing NOTHING! X(

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

There are 85 coils in my big Slinky and 25 coils in my baby plastic Slinky.

18. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I really hope that "new" graphics card makes it to me this weekend (and by new I mean old enough that it's compatible with my outdated computer). I'd really like to be able to see more then half of what's displayed on my screen at any given time.

19. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If a man said this it would be edited out....

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    And with that comment, the thread officially went downhill.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.