1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #99 - in honour of Wayne Gretzky

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Heh, nice little ditty there.

ION: I managed to achieve no studying again today, just printed off all my lectures, should be able to sit down and write notes on them now tho.

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yeah, it probably was/is...feeling better after some more sleep and a LONG hot shower. And soup. Now just fatigued and a little achy in one or two spots, but no other usual symptoms.

Influenza would also probably explain why I was feeling a little dizzy and nauseous yesterday, and ended up snapping at my co-workers. :(

In Weather, I can actually see some fragments of blue through the clouds from my window - figures, the first decent day in almost a week and I'm sidelined. :nolike:

ION, Happy Day of the Ninja, everyone!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Bud Spencer is my hero.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ugh, AP Spanish is my lowest grade, and I need it to be my highest (I am applying to study languages...), even though I am trying really hard. GRRR.

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Just finished trampolining for the night. For whatever reason, I'm really into it at the moment. Not a bad thing, I suppose.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Dunno why, but I've the urge to bake cookies this holiday season, hhmm anyone got a simple recipe? I'm kinda weak at cooking. I overcook toast.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    "A man needs a goal in life. Why don't you do something already? Steal horses, rob a stagecoach. Why don't you start gambling again, weren't you a capable cardsharp?"

:D Little One (Bud Spencer) to Tired Joe (Terence Hill) in 'My Name Is Trinity' :shake:

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    British comedy is win. Epic win.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah, the fried Oreos recipe I posted in the Cooking thread. Simple enough, yet a delight.

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Will be trying to install Yahoo Instant messenger tonight. Hope my computer will let me...

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You are a very greedy person and you're going to hell for it. :eek: But don't worry, you'll be in good company while you're there. :evil:

I need to shave...but I don't fell like it this week. :rolling:

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I honestly haven't noticed the TV writers' strike, as I almost never watch TV. It is kind of funny listening to people griping about it at school & work, though.
    Finals are next week. Who me, stressed?

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    And here I thought I was the youngest poster on these boards :D

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm sure there are a lot of people here that are under 16 years old.

In other news...it's 4:45am, and I'm stuck at work for another 2 hours... :bad: :rolling:

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well the final term exams, begins today. I hope I'm ready for them. First step; Philosophy! Wish me luck folks.

16. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I wish you luck, Ofelix. Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was a philosophy major. I cannot recall taking finals in any of my courses though I must have. Nearly all of them had major papers, though (as in 20-30 pages).

It snowed last night, though the ground was too warm for it to do anything but melt.

Back to work - but I'd rather babble - but back to work anyway.

17. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Why did the guy in Coca Cola company who first painted Santa Claus red didn't keep the original Finnish black costume? It was much cooler. :skeptic:

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Because he wasn't Finnish?

Hopefully, I can go to the store today. The car's been driving weird for my in-laws.

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It's a bishop's coat. Besides, since Santa lives in Greenland (every child in Denmark knows this:p) he shouldn't be wearing Finnish clothes.

Edit: Ah, kuemper beat me to it!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  20. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Who?
    The guy who drew it wasn't, but his father was from Åland and mother Swedish (both near Finland), they had told him about the Finnish Santa.

And no, today's Santa's traditions and where he lives is not based on the Finnish 'joulupukki', but the looks, long beard, coat etc. are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.