1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #99 - in honour of Wayne Gretzky

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Stefanina, you could "accidentally drop" the turkey on the head of any family member that bugs you! :evil:

Happy Thanksgiving, all American members!

2. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

/me sabotages BoM's water purification chip.
    :evil:

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

heh, from the title, i thought gretzky had passed away :eek:

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Woo, leaving tomorrow for the 40k British GT Heat 3. Should be interesting, especially considering I've only played three times in the last few months and have never used the army I'm taking.

One day I'll not only be prepared in advance, but will have had practice games too. One day.

5. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    /me reverses the polarity and creates a temporal feedback loop that tears the ship apart. :tie:

Reading posts from The Colosseum and Techno-Magic is fun, I don't understand a word of it, but they're so serious it's cute. :)

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, it's not both at the same time - that sort of term refers to your condition being irregular and succeptible to 'outbreaks' of infrequent severity. You're fine most of the time, and then once in a blue moon you get a pretty serious distraction/irritation from it, right?

I used to have the same sort of thing with my 'seasonal eczema' - you'd never even know I'd have it, then come the damp weather of late October - early November, my hands would start to itch and peel, or maybe my toes, or one year my nose. Then as the weather would 'dry out' and get colder in proper winter, it'd clear up, then break out again in April/May for a few weeks.

Apparently my eczema was linked to the humidity around me - damp, kinda cool air would cause it...and getting my hands/whatever wet around that time of year would aggrivate the peeling.

Now, however, it seems my system has 'evolved' as I got older, or maybe a job that regularly involves washing dishes et al. has provoked the change - now I have constant eczema, but only on my right hand. :skeptic: Left hand's baby soft and smooth; right hand's dry and scaly...and after I come out of this morning's shower, I'll be able to peel/slough off patches of dead skin that's 'water blister'ed away from my hand the size of postage stamps! Even dermatologists can't explain why it's only on one hand. :rolleyes:

Despite the massive advances in medicine we've accomplished, we still have a LONG way to go in most fields before we can say we confidently know even most things that can go wrong with a specific system, like pulmonary or muscular or cirulatory or digestive, etc.

Yep, eczema is an increasingly common symptom of an allergic reaction...with allergy being in the broadest possible sense - it could be anything; I had a friend in uni who would break out rarely in winter; she and her doctor(s) had finally tracked the underlying allergy to the preservatives the food industry spray on fruit in winter (and only in winter), now she's just careful to not handle fresh fruit in colder months without washing it thoroughly first. :)

That's getting to be an increasingly common allergy - I think Kuemper's allergic to nickel, too... :hmm: (curse my aging memory, might be one of my moved-away friends...)

Hydrocortizone and some kind of steroid, right? Mostly the cream is to aleviate the symptoms of an outbreak - moisturize the skin, and disinfect any weakening in your body's outer layer of defense, and the steroid is to try and 'turn off' the reaction your body's having to....well, whatever stimulus that's causing it. Allergists are just about going insane because they're discovering that people can turn out to have adverse reactions to anything - I'm waiting for the medical community to come out and say that I'm just simply allergic to water! :lol:

Great, dump a 'chicken vs. egg' debate on us, you troll! ;) I have wondered that from time to time, myself...

In Weather News, this morning will be steady bleah; continued bleah throughout the day, breaking to scattered brrr! in late evening. :p

EDIT: top of 2nd page! :banana:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

So you respond to Fallout with Star Trek:TNG and throw up a Star Wars smilie when we've got a perfectly good :borg: one? :skeptic:

Fine; I sic a couple of Blue Hand Men to break the WPC, so that disgruntled Browncoats here can blame it all on the Alliance.

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Yup... I have my reasons. Shut up all of you! My hip hurts. I'm in middle of cooking a turkey. I'm not just making excuses!

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Damn you Jaded with your dark cold logical explanation! :lol:

Err there's about 20 cm (8 inches) of snow outside :eek: Gotta find my boots.

10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, coming to you from the business center of my cheap hotel, happy Thanksgiving all! Now I go to my family, with fond hopes of calm but realistic expectations of spats. Ah, well.

Hockey, huh?

Babble, gobble, gobble, babble.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The sad part about jaded is that I know him. :mommy: And, yes, I'm allergic to nickel, so no snap button pants, metal framed glasses and watches with metal backs.

12. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Hockey would be funnier to watch if the disk was made of spam.

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My house management is a band of brazen imbeciles

[​IMG] Workmen are right now building out my old windows in bath and kitchen, and build in new ones. Surprise! I learned of that today when I spotted new windows stored in the yard, and when the workmen soon after knocked on my door to ask if I have time, like, today. Which I happened to have, after all it's my free day (unlike every alternative date). So I can't leave and I can't really do anything here either, especially not everything I planned to do. And anyway, it's November, it's not as if it's cold outside, so I gather no windows in the kitchen or bathroom isn't much or an inconvenience :rolleyes:

The house management on Tuesday assured me I would be informed in 'due time' when I asked. Good one, that. When I today called them to ask whether they considered informing me, the lady assuring me on Tuesday quickly said that I would be called back before she hung up. Half an hour later some other guy called to smugly tell me the appointment is between me and my the window company, and I would know that from the letter, so why would I call him? :mad: Impertinent moron, I thought :mad: the letter said 'any time between calendar week 47 and calendar week 48', and most notably, 'you'll be contacted'. I cut him short, lest I say something elaborately ugly in response. As far as I my blood pressure is concerned, I'm by far to polite at the phone.

14. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Wow, lots of spamming since ive been gone. Gotta try and keep at least 1 per page on this thread.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What? Did he die or something. :p

Brett Favre could kick his butt on anthing except ice any day... :p :rolling:

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

First snow of the year and right along with it the first train delay due to frozen switches. I may just die from unsurprise. Oh well, at least my train was only 15 minutes late.

17. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Had a nice long lie-in, cos im on 2 days of night-shift tonight, thus, i will need all the energy i can get, luckly they have a coffee machine that does Cappucinos at work.

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm reading an interesting book (Lanark by Gray), but dammit, my Spanish blood is kicking in with post-meal siesta needs again, so I constantly fall asleep when I've read about 10 pages.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Is Wayne Gretzky dead? I haven't seen this anywhere else.

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No Gretzky isn't dead. Canadians just naturally associate 99 with Gretzky so when RBP99 came along naturally there was a Gretzky comment. He is alive and well but given how poorly his team has been since he started coaching he might wish otherwise. The only real news regarding Gretzky lately has been him getting fined $10,000 due to one of his players instigating a fight in the last five minutes of a game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.