1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nope, you're not alone. I like it too, although I won't readily admit it. :p

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Says the guy who just admitted it on a public forum . . . :p

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Aye, but not readily. :p

---------- Added 20 hours, 48 minutes and 26 seconds later... ----------

I seem to have gotten hooked on Korean movies again. It's really kinda refreshing not being disappointed every time you watch something. Most of the stuff produced in the US isn't even worth the money anymore.

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Agreed! Lots of Korean movies have a good mix of quality and acting and they NEVER follow the worn out hollywood plot line.
    Have you seen Oldboy? Desturbing stuff ^^

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Of course I have. And that just makes me all the more pissed off that the Hollywood remake is so bad. I'm glad I didn't pay money to see it.

I watched The Suspect today and it was very decent action flick. No unnecessary romance plot or political ballast even though it's a story about a spy from DPRK.

I'm thinking of watching A Bloody Aria—I've been putting it off for years—but I can never quite get myself in the mood.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I watched "American Mary" yesterday and thought it was one of the better horror movies I've seen in a while. The characters were fascinating.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    It's actually a somewhat decent flick compared to all the other horror bile oozing out to our screens these days. It's a Canadian movie though.

But since we're on the topic, you should probably see some Asian horror films and psychological thrillers. They definitely take the cake.

8. Dice

Media:
    Woohoo getting my winter tires changed to summer tires today ... boy is my life exciting.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I thought it was still winter in Canada. Don't you have summer on August 12, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.?

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No no no. By then it’s winter again. Summer is on July 1; in fact, we get so excited about it that we declare it a national holiday (formally known as “Canada Day”).

And yes, it’s still winter. Where I live, our winter was so cold that several homes had problems with frozen water lines (because the frost went so deep), and some lines are still frozen – it might be the end of June before everything is cleared up. I went up to our cottage last weekend, and while it was 33°C, there was still snow on the ground in some places. The lake still had ice on it too.

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I see us danes have nothing to complain about. We think we live in the cold north in Europe. *walks around in shorts in the sun*

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Denmark is nowhere near the "cold north". :lol:

13. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, the cold north is on Antartica.

Seriously, go to the fartest northern point in Norway or Iceland in winter and the coldest it gets is -18 degrees (Celsius).

My family-in-law get -35 degrees in winter and they're about the same latitude as we are (Netherlands, that is).

Our winter was so warm that it barely got below 10 degrees. I think we've had 2, maybe 3 nights with something approaching sub-zero. I never even put the winter tires on.

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, my comfort zone is between -20 and +20 degrees. Any colder or warmer than that makes it hard to sleep or think properly.

Unfortunately, we're expecting temperatures to reach 40 degrees in the city this year. At that point, even if it's dry heat, I am completely incapable of functioning.

15. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's at those temperatures that it suddenly starts to make sense to me why all the people from the southern countries generally don't get very much done and certainly not very quickly. Because at 35+ degrees that's more or less how I start to function.

Seeing a group of 8 pakistani doing road construction in Abu Dhabi while it's forty degrees is generally seeing 7 people watching one guy do a little bit. Actually that's the way it goes at any temperature, but nevermind that.

And actually actually, that's how it feels like they do it in Belgium as well. Except there they just don't show up, so presumably they're watching someone else work on a telly from their offices or something.

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG]

17. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I Need to rant. A view to a kill is on the tele, and boy what are those females stupid. I know, stereotype casting but I find it so annoying that it spoils the movie.

Or any other that is. Every time they wall down, or scream or need the help of a man to even walk, I want to personally slap them in the face. (and shoot the moron who wrote the script)

My father was always working, much abroad to avoid family life, so I was raised by my mother and an older sister. They had to do everything themselves so I learned what woman can do.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 9 seconds later... ----------

In a dictatorship projects like these are always finished on time and within budget. Ask that bloke in the second deathstar.

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I had to read that sentence five times because you missed a comma. Punctuation, dammit!

19. Dice

Media:
    Yah but the snow melts here about mid spring, and my tires sound funny.

I've been rewatching LoTR trilogy because my little guy wanted to see it. (We've been playing the lego version.) It's been long enough that I'm enjoying the rewatch. I forgot how much I love Aragorn.

20. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Rant no:2 You journey from A to B to put holy artefact in slot before the villain does. At the moment supreme, you do not place it, but get sidetracked by a kitty up a three, or something like that. Of course, after the kitty you are short one or five seconds to prevent a evil fate for millions.

And of course telling the villain not do to it, instead of placing the killing blow.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.