1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Who else likes Neil Young and Tom Petty? I love Neil Young's Unplugged in New York and Live Rust, they're unbelievable. And Tom Petty (and the Heartbreakers) are sweet in general :)

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Finally a good music discussion :p

Neil Young is cool. Acoustic or hard rockin'; it's all good.

I don't really know Petty; he makes kinda heartland rock, right? In that case I prefer Bruce Springsteen.

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    My mother enjoys Tom Petty, so I listened to that stuff in past years, but it isn't really something I enjoy.

Anyone got the new Meat Loaf album?

4. Saber

In my opinion, Petty is better than Bruce because of his voice. Bruce sounds like he tries way to hard to sing, and if you've ever seen him play, he strums his guitars harder than angry metalheads. Plus, I don't really like any of his music, just because I don't like the feel of it.

Young>Petty>Bruce.

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

It's actually the exact opposite for me. I think Bruce Springsteen may not be the technically best singer in the world, but he carries a lot of emotion in his voice. I don't like all of his songs, but songs like Thunder Road and The River are on my all time favorites list; even though he doesn't sing about the richest, most heroic or most successful characters, those songs make me feel like changing places with them in a heartbeat.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hehe, things are rolling along nice with my new band - and during our last rehearsal, we heated things up and played some good old Testament, death metal version. Good stuff. Also played Slayer's Hell Awaits at half it's regular tempo, also in death. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am trying to get my hands on some Saxon right now... not relly that interested cause I don't like the singer's voice that much, but the guitar.... fascinating :D

8. Saber

DotW, since when did you start a band up?

And do you have any samples, or will you in the future?

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have just bought a new 4g iPod Nano from teh duty free shop on my way home from Australia. In Green. It's cool.

/me puts on my anti-iPod flame suit on.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    You should have gotten the red one :p

11. Disciple of The Watch

Some time ago - friends of friends were looking to get involved in a BM project, and my friend was quick to recommend me. Beats me why, I completly suck at BM vocals, and I still have some ways to go to become a good bass player.

And no, nothing yet, we have yet to settle for a direction - BM sounds good, but neither of us can truly acheive "that" vocal... DM, I can handle it without a problem, but we want to do something atmospheric... got a few ideas bubbling in my mind, we'll see what happens.

And Harbs, it's not even worth it. Enough said.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It doesn't come in red, Arabwel.

13. Arabwel

Media:
  14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Maybe DotW's band will become another BM legend :p

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    And will therefore only produce ten copies of their album, tell no-one of its release and procede to commit ritual suicide to ensure no-one will ever discover them. Such is the risk of BM success.

16. Disciple of The Watch

:skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic:

Ehh, well, at this current stage, it's still but a local band, and I don't think we'll release anything - we do this because we like doing it. But if there's some expansion and we get something going on, then it'll be free backstage passes for Undertaker and Saber. Don't forget your mini-headbanger, 'taker.

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Don't ask.

18. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Thatnks DotW. As for my little headbanger, he/she will sure come with me :D

19. Saber

Backstagedness? Excellent.

Speaking of that, has anyone been backstage to meet their favorite artists?

20. Arabwel

Media:
    Never been backstage, but I have been at the pub next door hanging out with the band both before and after the gig :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.