1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Been backstage few times but those were only local bands :p

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Heee, my birthday is gonna rock! or more like, the day before it is going to rock. Cause some unexpected SHINIES have led to yours tryly being able to go see a bunch of awesome people such as Marco Hietala sing heavy metal christmas carols. :D

:banana:

In other random news.. just caught an article that confirmed something I made jokes about to my friend - namely, the fact that Mr. Lordi & co were at the W.A.S.P. gig in Manchester.. and, apaprently mingled into the crowd. *snickers* got to love it when they act like fanboys (and a girl) :p

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Just got 3 STP, 2 Counting Crows, and 2 Soundgarden albums today at the library. So far I've listened to 2 STP albums, and so far so good.

It's funny, I don't really like Audioslave, but I do like Soundgarden...and I will always love Rage. but when you mix the bands together, the outcome isn't all that great. :bad: :rolling:

4. Arabwel

Media:
    Well, i am not going to see the awesomeness that is christmas carols in heavy metal style. Instead, i will be staying at home.. and treating myself to a bunch of CDs.

Now I jsut have to decide which ones i will get :D

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It's been 5 years now since the death of Chuck Schuldiner.

6. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

And two years since Dime's death on the 8th.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Who were Chuck Schuldiner and Dime?

8. Susipaisti

Chuck Schuldiner was the vocalist/guitarist of Death. He died of cancer.

Dimebag Darrell was the guitarist of Pantera. He was shot on stage.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

And Dimebag Darrell was perhaps one of the most talented guitarists, at least that is what is said in the metal world.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I assume Dimebag is not his real name?

11. Susipaisti

His full real name was Darrell Lance Abbott. And indeed, he was a kickass guitar player.

On a lighter note:
    -Dimebag Darrell

12. Saber

His name is Darrell Lance "Dimebag" Abbott, but everyone knows him as Dimebag Darrell (I wonder where he got that one? ;) )

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah... and this friday, it will have been two months since the death of Jared Anderson, and on the 27th, four month since Jesse Pintado's death.

Too many metal souls have died these last years.

14. Harbourboy

Busy busy busy loading up music into iTunes on the new PC. I'm now up to 1,561 songs, but still plenty to go. There are all sorts of classics here I forgot I had.

15. Arabwel

Media:
    I am going to end up getting a portable HD to drag all my shiuny music to Ireland... that, and three cases of CDs. :eek:

I am not leaving my lovelies behind.

And I am vaguely tempted to try out Saxon's post-1995 stuff, except, it does not relaly have any particular appeal to me atm... mostly becauise it lacks Graham Oliver :angel:

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Let me know which part of Ireland you are visiting and I can recommend all the cool things to visit.

If you are in the North, you must visit Katy Daly's bar in Belfast. Its a lovely traditional place with an extremely large choice of beers from around the world and its the bar of choice for people into metal/goth/rock music.

17. Arabwel

Media:
    I shall. I will definitley have to come up to vist north after I get settled in in Dublin :D that bar sounds like an awesome place to go to... :D

LListening to Denim and Leather makes me vaguely amused - where was I in 1979? Um, a twinkle in my parents' eyes, pretty much. :D

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

When you go to Dublin, make sure you go to St Michans church, which is situated near Jameson distillery. The church itself is standard, but you can visit the crypt and shake the hand of a preserved crusader for luck. There is also a preserved nun and a ton of other cool stuff. Much better than the Christ Church crypt.

Back to music - got the new Wolf album and I am not sure if I like it or not. I haven't given it a proper listen yet, as 'Stay Hungry' has taken up residence in my CD player.

19. Arabwel

Media:
    Oooh, thankjs for the tip! that sounds immensely cool :D

Amd to stay a bit on topic... Crusader is one of my favorite Saxon songs, it would seem :D

20. Saber

I had filled my 30gb iPod, so I went back and started deleting stuff... right now, I think I have 4000 songs with only 4gbs left (alot were recorded at 192kbs or 320kbs, much higher than apple's crappy 128kbs).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.