1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...my coworker made me listen to some Angels and Airwaves the other day. Considering the band features one of the dudes from Blink182, it wasn't overly annoying. :p

Any thoughts of Angels and Airwaves, Box Car Racer, and any other Blink182 break-away bands I'm not aware of? :rolling:

2. Wiley One Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

A friend of mine introduced me to A & A several months ago and I like them. Of course I like Blink 182 as well. A & A have a very similar sound but not quite as edgey IMO.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I figured it was that sort of a thing... oh well. Will give them a try anyway, if only because the guys form the band are apparently nice and awesome fun to hang out with... *g*

Since FRiday and the opening of the rocktaurant, i have been listening to Lordi only... am tempted to get back to Saxon orr maybe Ion Maidne.. if only I as not to lazy to dig out the CDs! :p

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Angels and Airwaves blows. Tom set it up because he wanted to be an epic band on par with Pink Floyd and U2 and the like (he actually said that... look on the website). If the arrogance isn't enough, the fact that he does not have an epic voice (like Bono), he just takes a whole bunch of sound effects to give his guitars a U2-ish sound and then uses slow blink-182 riffs.

Blink-182 and Box Car Racer were good, though.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Indeed, it's not easy to learn. What makes it even more tricky in my case is that I don't follow tablatures - I play by ear, so I have nothing that could even vaguely resemble a technique. Basically, when writing a new song, a merely improvise and then polish and polish until it comes out to my liking...

Oh well. Who said music was easy, anyway.

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I blame it on the possible ADD, but I just recently figured out what this thread is about, I guess...man...So I'd guess this belongs here:

I had a meeting with a band today and sang a little something to them and they might consider having me as a singer for them. Seems to be promising, but I left them with a demo from my previous band and a gig recording, so we'll see how that goes since I don't know how much I should be ashamed of my singing on those two recordings...

I'm all against MTV, really. Ok, mostly, since MTV Superock shows really good music. Not every vid's a pearl, but anyhow. Too bad they air it after 24:00 in the night.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah, that 25th hour on MTV is hard to stay awake for...I mean, I can handle anything past 00:00, but not anything past 24:00. :p :shake:
    Ok, so I'm just being a sarcastic jerk. :p

Ok, so now that AA is up and selling records, does that mean that BCR is dead now? :hmm: :rolling:

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Total Rock used to be a good channel in the UK. One of the DJ's was a super sexy Spanish lady that played Testament and Dark Tranquility all the time.

9. Saber

I like Finnish Goth Metal... its kind of like hard rock, only with better riffs, solos, melodies, lyrics, vocals, and more talent.

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Like Sentenced and To/Die/For?

11. Saber

Yep. And Entwine, Amorphis, and Charon, although Sentenced and To/Die/For are the best.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have finished loading up all my CDs into iTunes. 2,993 songs. It's so cool being able to access them all at the touch of a button.

13. Saber

Whenever I put stuff on iTunes, it seems to forget where it is and it makes me search for the tracks all the time... for ****'s sake, its in your freakin' folder, iTunes!

Thats why I just use my iPod.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Not sure what you're doing wrong Saber. I have no idea where my songs are on my hard drive (although I'm sure it is somewhere obvious) because iTunes looks after all that for me. I'm not aware of any having gone missing.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

My housemate keeps playing Godsmack, Disturbed and stuff like that all day. Blargh.

I must admit that both bands have some okay songs, though.

BTW, a little update... I just finished re-writing all lyrics of the improvised song, and I'll tweak them a bit until they're fully to my liking, and I'm also working on the bass track of the song. There's a couple of tricky notes to play - I'm glad I have long fingers.

No word on possible recording, though.

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I never heard of Charon and Entwine. I should check them out...

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Saw the Trivium/Maiden concert last Friday. Got there late so only saw Trivium's last three songs. Turns out that wasn't exactly a bad thing. If Heafy was actually singing that evening, he must have got bored of it before I arrived and just went straight on to the shouting and screaming.

Maiden were a great deal better. They played the entire new album with some songs from their past stuck on at the end. While I quite enjoy the new stuff, I'm not sure I approve of them playing all of it. What sounds epic and technical on cd lacks a fair bit of energy live. With such a push of the new album, there were a fair few classics missed out and while some older fans may have enjoyed the change, this was the first time that I've seen 'em live and would have prefered to have heard the likes of 'The Trooper' and 'The Number of the Beast'.

Still, I enjoyed it regardless.

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Rumour has it that Maiden will be playing a 'forgotten' classics tour next year. I would love to hear 'Purgatory', 'Charlotte the Harlot' and 'Back in the Village' live.

Edit - Studio update from Darkthrone

[ December 22, 2006, 11:00: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Entwine aren't terribly exciting as far as I can tell (I have their album 'Gone'). Not bad - but not especially great either...

20. Saber

Yeah, they are some of the less original Goth metal, but I still enjoy listening to it. It is more of hard rock for me than metal because my ear is accustomed to some pretty brutal stuff :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.