1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Oh! I got 4 Dark Tranquillity CDs (I had them downloaded but wanted hard copies and they are too great to not recieve payment), and the new Diecast album. I was supposed to get Manntis as well, but I forgot to order it ;)

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Has anyone (i.e. Death Rabbit) heard that latest Neko Case album (Fox Confessor Brings the Flood)? It got listed on the NZ Herald's top 30 albums of the year and I am wondering if it is worth getting.

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Metalmania 2007 already sounds great! Just look at the band which will perform: Testament, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Entombed.
    Me thinks that metal year 2007 will be even better then 2006 :D

4. Saber

I am hoping the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival (freakin' long title...) will be good as well. I am praying for Dark Tranquillity...

But its not until April. Last year was only alright, despite some excellent sets by some bands.

(Jeez, this thread is dead)

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Anyone here listened to Stream of Passion?

I've been listening to clips of the stuff they've done and so far I think I like 'em. Thoughts anyone?

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Entombed sucks. Now excuse me while I go barf.

I've stumbled upon some old Samael vinyls! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Time to listen to them all. Maybe it'll force Disturbed out of my f****** head.

7. Saber

Haven't heard of Stream of Passion Decados, sorry.

And DotW, which is Vader's best album?

8. Disciple of The Watch

Hmm... 'Taker might be better suited than me to answer that, as he listened to the newer Vader albums and I didn't listened to anything after Litany.

IMO, Litany was a f****** kick-ass album.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I just got Reign of Light by Samael. Terrorizer magazine gave it a crap score and accused the band of 'rapping' on one song! Its not the best album by Samael, but it still kicks hairy arse.

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

@Saber: all of them! :D (I'm torn between Litany and Revelations
    @Cúchulainn: they must be speaking about "Telepath" :p

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Yes get Litany, its brutal yet melodic, and it has kick ass lyrics. Think of Hypocrisy, but only better.

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

BTW Cúchulainn, have you heard new Samael's song?It can be found on their website.

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I didn't know there was a new one, but I will check it out when I get home. Would I be correct in assuming that its like the last album (mood music)?

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I heard my sister's gig recording for the first time last week-end and she's a wonderful singer! I've never been so proud of her in my life! :D

She's in Sydney currently...and the guy who makes the songs lives there so I don't know what'll happen when she comes back to Finland. It'd be a shame if that project would end for her part because of that.

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

She could be the next Tarja Turunen.

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

OMG! So many good news about Iced Earth's new album :bigeyes: linky

17. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I am not looking forward to IE new album, especially as I hated the last one they made. I still love "Something Wicked..." though.

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Interesting indeed. I'm not convinced about redoing the original trilogy- it was great the way it was, changing the sound a bit and having the Ripper sing seems somehow a bit unnecessary. OTOH, IE are making progress, the song titles look decent and the albums will be full of songs, rather than two ~45 min albums. Still, we have a long wait to go.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Argh! I HATE REMAKES! FFS, the first three IE albums are *****ing classics*, DON'T TOUCH THEM!

IE, don't fix what's not broken!

BTW, Saber, I rally to your opinion - Trivium SUCKS!

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm just listening to my old training session recordings and they're bloody hilarious! :lol:

I forgot that I can scream and roar that well. Best be careful it won't go to that with my new band, since it's really stressing for my vocal chords :rolleyes:

edit: I just came back from my first training session with this band and umm...they weren't overjoyed, but they did say that I had potential. Totally agreeing with them. Potential. Not skill.

Sometimes you just have to face the harsh realities of life. I'm not a bad singer, but as I haven't practiced my singing I'm not a great one either. Tough.

Well. Practice gets you as close to perfection you can ever be I guess...

Luckily they're taking music seriously, so I can't be held solely responsible for the song melodies.

[ January 06, 2007, 22:00: Message edited by: Iku-Turso ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.