1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

A thing that plugs into the cigarette lighter and send a signal from the iPod to the car radio.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

RoadTrip? I have one (well, its my sister's, but she's at college without a car, so its mine now), but the car I drive does not have a working cigarette lighter...

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

My Creative Zen was acting up today, so I gave him a little prod in the side with a paperclip and he's behaving himself again.

Spare the prod, spoil the Zen.

[ September 11, 2006, 15:52: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Another Zen user?

I found that mine bounces this morning. After a moment of worry, it worked fine again though. Tough little thing, even survived me emptying a large glass of water over it. :D

Persuader's latest album really does kick some serious butt.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

OMG, I ran into Alan Doyle of Great Big Sea at the grocery store!

7. Saber

I had a weird daydream about meeting Unearth. And the guitarist looks kind of like Alan Doyle, or at least in the top picture. It felt like deja vu...

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

2 weeks till Vader concert :banana:

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Tickets for Maiden at the end of the year have arrived!

Trivium will be there too, but I have some ear-plugs somewhere around here...

10. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I saw Mnemic play this weekend, despite their lead singer being recently replaced they put up one hell of a gig.

11. Saber

They don't scream any more. He has a medical condition, so its old school thrash from now on. Expect Metallica-esque stuff.

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I heard about the lack of screaming- I'm still quite thankful. I knew he would eventually harm his throat but didn't realise that he had done so yet. I simply thought that he was taking Metallica-worship a step further by attempting to sing like them.

Rather boring lack of originality, but it is better that they play like Metallica than much of the rubbish that they could be playing like.

13. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

How famous is Rammstein (sp?). 'Cause I don't know of anyone who knows of them other than my brother and sister and their friends...but it seems well known...?

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    They are very well known over here. Well, kinda: the people who like dance or pop tend not to have much idea, but everyone else knows 'em. As far as I'm aware, they are well known across Europe- I don't know about the USA.

Rammstein rock.

15. Saber

I like them :D

And as for Trivium, I take it you don't like metalcore or screaming metal? I found his voice annoying after 3 straight songs of Trivium, but overall I like them. I don't like their new sound, it sounds like a crappy thrash knock off.

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

You know that Iron Maiden's new album is probably the best selling CD in many countries? Long live metal \m/(><)\m/

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Nah, I'm afraid not. Some of their older stuff was ok until the singing started, but overall it wasn't my thing. I think it was Rain (or possibly Departure?) that had a good start that I quite enjoyed, almost got into it. And then he opened his mouth.

The two new Amon Amarth songs sound pretty good, I think I may treat mysef to their latest offering when it is released (I don't think it is out yet).

18. Saber

Thats unfortunate, because they suck. If a good metal band had a top selling album, I would praise them. But Iron Maiden? Pah.

To each his own, and to me, the best.

I mean, I like screaming :D

19. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Iron Maiden don't suck! :mad:

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Hmm, Saber likes screaming vocals and thinks Maiden suck...

Ladies and gents, I propose to send Saber back to Metal Academy where he can be re-educated.

Next you'll say Priest suck and Halford has lost it.
    ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.