1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm going backwards in time...

Well, at least in the music that I used to listen to. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of my old Offspring, Sublime, and Korn albums.

It feels like I'm stuck in a musical ditch when it comes to new music. Everything I hear on the radio these days sucks. However, I do like that new Iron Maiden song they play on occasion. Other than that, all this new music is annoying. :bad: :rolling:

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

My brother just purchased The Glorious Burden and I was very disappointed. Bagpipes (unless done by Gravedigger) should be banned from metal and the banjo made me cringe. I can imagine right-wing fanatics pumping their fists at some of the lyrics. Do we need another version of the 'Star Bangled Banner'? Jimi Hendrix did it best.

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    TGB teaches you where the skip button is. The album does have some good stuff- the Reckoning, Attila and the trilogy- but also has some very low points. When the Eagles Cries still makes me want to weep in disgust.

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Something Wicked was great though, but it all went downhill after the (extremely) tacky Horror Show :eek:

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@DotW: It's closest to their previous album: "Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light"

As for Iced Earth and "Horror Show", it wasn't their best album but some of songs there very really cool (Damnien, Dracula, The Phantom Of The Opera Ghost). Of course they will never record an album better then "Burnt Offerings" :p

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Who else wants to wear a mask and scream on Helloween?

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

What do you mean by that?

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Haven't listened to that one... the last MDB album I fired was The Light At The End of The World.

You wish. Nothing beats The Dark Saga.

9. Saber

Its from Helloween's Come Alive.

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

John Shaffer is a liar, he once said in an interview that 'When the eagle cries' was banned in Europe because of its 11/9 lyrics. No John the song was not banned at all, and the cheesy lyrics made me want to vomit :sick:

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Damm! Another metal soul dies this year, this time it's Jared Anderson
    link

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah... I heard about that. Damn, the guy was only 30! One mighty fine bassman down. Peace to your soul, Jared.

13. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

What about Helloween's Halloween?

14. Saber

I only have one Helloween album, Keeper of the Seven Keys - The Legacy, which is apparently not as good as I or II, which I have yet to pick up.

15. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

My copy of A Twist in the Myth arrived today. Though inexplicably, the first thing that greeted me when I opened the box was a German womens' fashion catalogue. I'm about to listen to it now.

16. Saber

Saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers last night! They were sweet, even though they had to stop early because they got there late (last trains were leaving). It erased the memory of the ****ty Mars Volta that 'played' before them.

17. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The last two Helloween albums haven't been too great. The old stuff is the best, as well as the first three albums with Andi Deris. The Dark Ride is good, but not very Helloweeny.

Avoid Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon.

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @Susipaisti: But then you'd miss Heavy Metal Hamsters!

@Warrior:
    Took me a couple of listens to really get it, but now I just can't seem to get Otherland out of my head. Bloody good song.

I don't think I thanked you for recommending With Oden on our Side to me. I was going to leave Amon Amarth to a later purchase, but after listening to the album I am glad you convinced me otherwise. So, thanks!

Some thoughts about the other albums I recently purchased:
    The Human Equation is very good- the entire thing comes alive when you read the lyrics book at the same time as listening. Besides, getting a slightly less metallic album is pleasant for a change.
    The House of Atreus is also good, though not as much. Doesn't strike me as amazingly great, but does have some kick-ass riffs. Not enough falsetto though, IMO.
    Savatage's Dead Winter Dead is on a par with tHE. Had me grinning right through it. Again, this is an album that you should read the booklet to get what's going on to fully appreciate everything.

And finally, on the Iced Earth theme: I'm with Undertaker on this- Burnt Offerings beats every other studio album they've released, although Night of the Stormrider is very close.

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I always preferred Gamma Ray to Helloween, but I agree that their early albums are the best.

Metal Black by Venom is a good album, but I don't think it will be a classic.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Decados, Turn the Page and Fly are awesome too.

Got the new(ish) Rhapsody album today. OhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboyOhboy!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.