1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sounds good. I thought the first Leaves' Eyes album was excellent.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I guess I should report here about what I did on my vacation, music-wise :p

Saw WASP again, and this time, got even more picks. Mike Duda seemed to like me since he kept aiming tham at me :D

Also saw Lordi, and am still POd I was not at the front. it was one hell of a show nevertheless - and they had kalma on stage for encore. *faints*

Third badn i saw was Tempest - a relatively recent band, but they have a VERY impressive lineup. as in - Paul James in vocals/guitar, Graham Oliver on lead guitar, Mark DeVenche on keyboards, Simon Hodges on the bass, and Paul Graham on the drums? :D They are VERY good. (and nice guys. Graham Oliver was most impressive when he was hitting on me at the pub afterwards :p )

all in all, very musical trip. I seem to have gotten a thing for gigs... caus I am going to see iron Maiden next week, and Teräsbetoni on the 24th. :p

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hey guys, why do people think Dimmu Borgir sold out?

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

For money? :p
    Or maybe they wanted to be better then Cradle Of Filth

5. Saber

No, I mean... all their stuff sounds alike. I guess I haven't listened to it enough to get the nuances, but what do people think is sold out about them? Is it less black metal and more symphonic, or vice versa, or what?

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Everything after the Devil's Path EP sounds all the same. Nevermind the random and blatantly stupid names they give to their albums. Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia... Death Cult Armageddon... Godless Savage Gardens...? What's with those stupid titles? What will we see next, Pitch Dark Schizophrenia?

7. Saber

Speaking of random names... CoB's song called Triple Corpse Hammerblow... :lol:

Can you guys recommend me some death metal please? I have gotten some stuff recently that says it is death metal, but you know what happens with labels...

And I like melodic death metal... good stuff.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

(I thought I already did such list)
    Recommended death metal bands:
    Death
    Vader
    Behemoth
    Nile
    Cannibal Corpse
    Six Feet Under
    Cryptopsy
    Obituary
    Deicide
    Morbid Angel

[ November 12, 2006, 17:37: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

9. Saber

Well, I don't like Obituary from that list, but I think I'll give everythign else a try :)

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Note that none of bands mentioned above play melodic death metal. Most of them are brutal death metal ones.

11. Arabwel

Media:
    You boys and your death metal... :p

Cú, I am jealous. I want to go see W.A.S.P. again... and hey, you should be okay with that flight. When I flew to the UK, I only had time to get cleaned up and change clothes before my plane left :p

In other news, I believe I am getting seriously obsessed with Tempest - these guys are bloody brilliant :D

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Death metal is one of the best musical genres!
    And death metal bands make the best live shows!

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Vader are quite melodic. If you want melodic death try Amon Amarth (just the recent albums). They are amazing. I hate brutal DM - click click click click roar, clicky clicky clicky roar, abrupt stop, click clickty click roar roar roar.

Yep cannot wait Ara. I am going to limit myself to 6 Murphies or Hoegarrdens or less and I should be fine.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    I swear, W.A.S.P. on stage is just... woah. Even better than Lordi :p

Looking forward to Iron Maiden tomorrow.... :D

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Iron Maiden tomorrow? Lucky girl...

I just got another Lordi album that features 'The Devil Is a Loser' - "The devil is a loser, and hes my bitch" Classic :D

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Yup. Sister is payign for it, too! :p I didn't think i would be able to go since I didn't get tickets when they came out - after all, I was not supposed to be home. But then I was and remembere about the gig and went "daaaaaamn" cause there WERE tickets left on the hat rack but I could not afford it... then went, "Hmm, my sister has the money" and asked for an early combo prezzie for birthday/christmas :D

That is one of my favorite Lordi songs.. me an a lot of ther people. Like the girl at the first Lordi gig I went ot who went on about how she loves that song.. and thena sked her friend, "But who the **** is Gene Simmons?" :p

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Classic!

18. Disciple of The Watch

Err... dude, I want what you're smoking. Vader, melodic? Unless there's been major changes in the new albums (which I haven't listened) last time I listened to Vader it was in-your-face-brutal-death.

19. Saber

What do people consider Bloodbath? Death Metal?

20. Disciple of The Watch

Yep, Bloodbath is DM. Ironic to think a member of Bloodbath ended up in Katatonia, though.

My housemate seems to enjoy playing Godsmack's Faceless at max volume. Meh, it has a good beat, so I don't care.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.