1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Babbling Post #4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Litany is quite melodic. Its still brutal but you can hum along with most songs, unlike cannibal corpse, which is mindless chaos.

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Cannibal Corpse? The writers of such well thought out and philosophical lyrics? How could they be described as mindless? :p

Thanks for that list, Undertaker, it may be of use to me when looking for some alternative music to my usual.

I noticed you mentioned Nile and I recall hearing a fair few good things about one of their albums. Is there something in specific I should be starting with?

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

True Egyptian metal from North Carolina :shake:

Has anyone mentioned Hypocrisy? Think of the brutality of US death metal, with the melody of and atmosphere of Swedish DM and you have a kick ass heavvvvvvvy band.

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Nile play sth more then brutal/technical death metal. The band categorizes their music as "Itylphallical Death Metal" in reference to their epic Egyptian themes. I highly recommend this band :thumb:
    But remember that the best death metal band EVER is (was) Death! All their albums are must have.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Nile is f****** kick ass!

But yeah, nothing comes close to the almighty Death.

But I'll stick with my old, poorly produced BM, thanks a lot.

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Agree, Bloodbath if pure and brutal death metal (with all those gore lyrics included :p )
    But you must remember that 2 of band's members are from Katatonia :p (Bloodbath is in fact a superstar line-up band)

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Cuch, which albums do you like by Hypocrisy? So far, I really like Virus, but I haven't listened to too much other than that.

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

That is a cool album, but Abducted and The Arrival are also essential. I am not so keen on their early albums as they sound too primitive.

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I see I have been missing out. ;)

I'll take a look into them when I next purchase a block of cds.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Iron Maiden kicked ass. That is all I can say. First, we got to hear all of A Matter of Life And Death, which does not translate well to live i think.. then, we got some classics; Fear of the dark, Iron Maiden, Two Minutes to Midnight, Evil that Men Do and hallwed be Thy name.

*gags DotW* yes, I know what their themes are like, and I like them anyway.

I am sure some of you guys would like their support band, tho - Trivium. headbanging thrashmetal and overuse of the f-word. Nearly put me to sleep :p

And incidentally, only today did I realize that the live version of Fear of the dark i have in my grubby lil' hands has been recoded in helsinki. *shakes head*

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Trivium sucks! Their new stuff (thrash) blows... I think I already complained here, but it sounds like a watered-down cover of the old classics... Heafy tries to be all of the thrash gods at once and ends up sounding like a 12 year old choking on alcohol. **** new Trivium.

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Trivium are crap, but IM had a worse support band - Marilyn Manson :rolleyes:

Glad IM kicked arse.

13. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I couldn't really get into the mood at the Maiden show due to having seats high up. I want floor tickets next time, damn it!

Maybe I've seen them too many times. It was a good show and all, interestingly different. A Maiden gig without The Number of the Beast or pyros, who would have thought?

I don't like Trivium much, mostly for the same reasons I don't like Children of Bodom. It's wank music. Complexity for its own sake. Look ma, scales and sweep picking! The singer, at best, sounded like a half-assed thrash vocalist - at worst he sounded like he's "doing a voice", if you know what I mean. Like Lordi or something.

Hey Saber, could you name a couple of albums that you feel have a really good production (and why)? A page or two back you mentioned not liking the sound of Pantera albums. I happen to find them a bit too sleek, but that's probably not what you mean.

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Good to know that Maiden went well for you Ara. I'm seeing them on the 18th of next month.

15. Arabwel

Media:
    Susipaisti, wherever you were, your tickets werre probably better than mine. Cause i was in the blocj 310, 11th row :p (Of course if it turns out you sat next to me, I am going to boggle)

I probably would have prefered marilyn manson to trivium. Cause Manson has always made me cackle a lot :p

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

When I was in Dublin a few years back to see Opeth, a friend of mine tried to chat up the singer of Madder Mortem. I don't think she was impressed by him.

17. Arabwel

Media:
    I've been chatted up by Graham "Rock God" Oliver :p

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Manson ain't that bad - the first couple albums were decent. We all used to listen to that crap during a pseudo-goth era in high school - even I did.

A couple of friends and myself decided to reform a new band - this time, it'll be atmospheric BM. I'll try my luck at BM shrieking... but I doubt I'll succeed, so I'll probably simply be a bassman and we'll get a new vocalist, or maybe go instrumental, not sure yet.

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    One of my friends is intending to get me a t-shirt of a band I like for Xmas. *sigh* 'Tis a nice thought, but she has no chance- not when she doesn't really like any of the stuff I enjoy and therefore doesn't know where to look.

Good luck with the band, Disciple!

20. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Arabwel:
    I was in 305, 7th row. If only I could remember which way the numbers rotated. Yours were either worse than mine or just bad in a different way, I guess.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.