1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

iPod and iTunes = bull****

Judas Priest week, this time. SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE!

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My iPod rules. I have not had a single problem with it.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That all depends on which model you get. I have the basic 5GB model...which suits me fine for now.

There are several models of Creative's 'Zen' Mp3 players, as seen here.
    I was thinking of getting the 8GB Zen Micro Photo, but I couldn't wait for its release.

So at this point, if I ever get another Mp3 player, it probably will be the 8GB Zen Micro Photo, which will give me an aditional 3GB, and the ability to look at pictures and watch video. My fiance will get the Zen Micro that I currently have. :p

Although, if I ever needed one of the "big" Mp3 players, the 20GB Zen Sleek Photo looks good too. :rolling:

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

8 GB can only hold 2000 songs, right? (128 kbps, 4 mins each song)

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

From the previous page...

Not many rock musicians read (let alone write) sheet music very well. Transcribing music into some decipherable form involves more than just typing out the fret numbers. Which is why I don't like internet tabs that are in text format. Power Tab and Guitar Pro are alright, though.

If anyone is interested in this type of thing, http://www.mysongbook.com has a lot of songs (I mean a lot) in Guitar Pro format. Most of them are rated by other users, so you can actually find the good ones.

6. Saber

How is guitar pro different from power tab? I like powertab... is it better/worse/same?

EDIT: Has anyone gotten or heard Sepultera's Dante XXI (March14th, this year)?

[ March 31, 2006, 16:22: Message edited by: Saber ]

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Embrace. Could they be any more great :) And they're from my hometown too :)

8. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Guitar Pro is a bit simpler to use (could be I'm just more used to it) and allows a wider range of instruments. I think Powertab's strength is that it uses standard music symbols, making a good substitute for a book.

9. Saber

Heh, I can't read standard music notes... numbers on lines is good for me :D

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    So, I was just introduced to the Dresden Dolls and they are..... interesting.

11. Saber

Going to Saturday night NEMAHF. Unfortunately, I'm missing A Perfect Murder, Between the Buried and Me, and The Black Dhalia Murder, all on friday. But, 13 hours of metal is enough for one day :)

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I think I may be obsessed with the song 'Gravity' :|

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've been thinking...

Why are people still so into those pop singers? I mean, by now they should have realized that all their music is engineered. :bang:

My favorite radio station is going to hell. Last year they played Ozzy, Led Zepplien, Megadeth, Metallica, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, and tons of good 80's rock and heavy metal...but now they are playing a lot of this new "rock" crap from Nickelback and other bands that sound constipated when they sing. I've even heard some Emo songs reciently! :toofar:

They have this phone number you can call to leave a message saying what you think about the radio station. I've been calling every time I hear the phone number to tell them how much the station sucks now that they have added all this new crap.

PM me if you want the phone number so you can complign to a radio station that 99% of you can't listen to. :p :rolling:

14. Saber

Shell, which artist is it by?

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Actually, all music is engineered in some way. What's your real point?

16. Saber

He (probably) means that it is written by someone else as a means to make money, not to make music (yes, this topic again ;) ).

17. Harbourboy

Oh, and none of those thrash death trip metal bands that are so popular on these Boards are only in it for the money, I presume? How can you tell who is being "artistic" and who is trying to make cash?

Oh yeah, that topic again. ;)

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me shakes her head

So what if it is enfgineered or not, as long as it is enjoyable to listen to... and yes, you might not enjoy it, but rest assured, a lot of people do not enjoy the music you enjoy, either.... :deadhorse:

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Meh, as long as you enjoy the music, nothing else matters, right?

20. Harbourboy

"Pop" does stand for "Popular" after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.