1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I need to prepare nice set of music for upcoming long car trip with my parents. Since I'll do the driving they'll be forced to listen to music of my choice. Any suggestions?

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Now, do you want your parents to die (Metal with screaming), or do you want them to have a good time (something mellow, like Pink Floyd, or something classic, like U2)?

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... well, what about some good old Black Sabbath?

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ewwwwww....I hate Fallout Boy! :nono:

The Anthrax CD I got from the library is so scratched that none of my CD players could read a lot of it. :bad: :rolling:

5. Disciple of The Watch

So do I, dude. The usual?

*cocks Beretta*

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Since they are my parents I don't want them to die :p
    And since they are parents of a headbanger, they got used to some of my music (even death metal if not to loud)
    And yes, good old Black Sabbath could be OK :)

7. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Does that "emo" stuff have any trouble getting radio airplay? There's a notable lack of naughty words (save for the debatable "piss"), so despite the murder rhetoric it *could* go unnoticed by the censorship bunch.

8. Saber

No, it gets played all the time. 'Sugar we're going down swinging' made it in the top ten for a few weeks, and is a very popular song. So not only are they emo (and yes, they are emo), they are popular:rolleyes:

And by the way, Emo doesn't apply to every sad song or love song there is. On the contrary, many sad songs and songs about love are fine. Its just when you mix the two, add some analogies for death, bring in some other sappy lyrics then you've got some emo.

9. Susipaisti

Hurray for hypocrisy. That gets played and 50 Cent gets to wave his uzis, but if you say a naughty word you get censored.

And words of wisdom there in the second paragraph. I myself like some pretty depressing stuff, or actually I'd rather say depressed stuff. Nothing like wallowing in self pity with Paradise Lost! But you have to do it right, or it gets ridicilous. And it's a combination of many things, I guess.

[ April 29, 2006, 00:16: Message edited by: Susipaisti ]

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Incidentally, walking is evil. itis made less evil by MP3 players but.. I keep gpoing though headphones like socks! I need to invest in some good ones... so I can get more straangel looks when I sing when walking :D

11. Saber

I have these headphones, and they are fabulous:

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=qc2_headphones_index&ck=0

Unfortunately, I think that page only ships to US. You could try Amazon or Ebay, if you want.

Hey guys, what would you consider In Flames? Death Metal? Melodic Metal?
    I have their newest album, and its great. I'm not sure if it is as good as their older stuff, because I've never heard it... I need to get some of it for cheap (I'm broke).

[ April 29, 2006, 02:54: Message edited by: Saber ]

12. Disciple of The Watch

In Flames? Crap.

Their latest album sucks donkey balls. They have completly sold out. I can't believe you like that ****.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Can anyone explain to me the difference between "House" and "Trance" music?

14. Disciple of The Watch

One word, Caveboy. Wikipedia.

Eagerly waiting for the new All Shall Perish album. Eddie's a good vocalist... but I personally prefered big Craig - who reminds me a bit of a friend of mine.

15. Saber

I liked the new In Flames... I haven't heard the old stuff, which I take it is better. Or, from DotW's point of view, ****.

In any case, Testament kicks ass. I am listening to Low right now. All I can say is that Urotsukidoji is a weird-ass song. What does that word mean?

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I have no idea :D

17. Susipaisti

Just for the hell of it I did some googling... Apparently "Urotsukidoji" is Japanese for "legend of the overfiend." There is some kind of an extremely gross and violent anime movie series by that name.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just started listening to Tool's new album - no verdict as of yet...

19. Saber

Sweet, I'm off to the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival right now... this is going to be sweet! I'll let you guys know how it was when I return tomorrow.

\m/(><)\m/

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

My parents survived the car trip listening to lot's of gothic stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.