1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

2. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Hell, if metal becomes mainstream (in some places and times it has been, some say it is even now), so be it. I'll still listen to what I like. Then if it stops being mainstream, I'll still listen to what I like. I've said it before...it's not a principle thing to hate the mainstream for its own sake. It just so happens that the current mainstream is mostly crap in my ears.

The Slayer solos *are* pretty random. Pick up that tremolo arm and away we go... But I like them. And I like Tom Araya's voice. Much better than any of the contemporary screamers. It takes getting used to, maybe.

I don't like Show No Mercy much, though. It sounds quite a lot like Judas Priest, and I'm not fond of that kind of style. Seasons In The Abyss might be my favorite. And their latter-day stuff is great, like Diabolus In Musica. I actually even like the unpopular Divine Intervention, mainly because of 213 and the title track.

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I remember a while ago, I played a slayer CD in work, and non metal fan said the solo's "sounded like a horse being pleasured" or words to that effect!

I like some slayer songs, but I am more of a black/folk/doom/traditional metal fan.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The radio station is trying to fob off Canary in a Coal Mine as a 'deep cut' (song you don't hear). Hello? You people play that song once a week! :rolleyes:

Ooooo! Feel the *burn* :lol: Good on ya, HB. :thumb:

5. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Re: swearing in songs and their titles. In my entire CD collection, discounting the song "When Demons Awake" by Rhapsody, which for some obscure reason is packed to the gunnels with vituperations, I have approximately four swearwords, one in a Forefather song, and the other three in another Rhapsody song. Swearing does not a good song make, to me it looks like a case of people trying to be "hardcore", or whatever the appellation is these days.

Edit: I'm not mainstream, I like Power Metal, which is in the minority here. Therefore I am the truest of all.

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Who do you call a sell-out? I'm death/doom fan (mostly) and this you won't hear in a radio :p + I listen to bands only few know :cool:

7. Disciple of The Watch

Same, same.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Warrior of The WOrld, the term is 'Stronger than All'.

Quote Power Metal! Yayness!

Warrior, what Power Metal bands are you in to?

9. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Only if you are quoting Hammerfall, my good man.

Power Metal that I like? It's mostly symphonic. I like my keyboards.

Battlelore
    Blind Guardian
    Demons & Wizards
    Dragonforce
    Dream Evil
    Edguy
    Elvenking
    Falconer
    Freedom Call
    Gamma Ray
    Grave Digger
    Hammerfall
    Helloween
    Luca Turilli
    Power Quest
    Primal Fear
    Rhapsody
    Royal Hunt
    Sonata Arctica
    Symphony X
    Threshold

That's pretty much all the Power Metal I own. I like finding new stuff, though, so I am open to recommendations. I have to say, though, that I am rather unenthused by the latest Hammerfall and Rhapsody albums. They are nice enough, but they seem to have lost the charm that the bands once held for me. I've actually grown fairly disappointed in Dragonforce. It feels like they have wasted the potential that they had when I first heard them.

However, The Chthonic Chronicles is coming out soon. All shall be made well with the world. Either that, or Ragnarok is going to happen, since the end of Bal-Sagoth is clearly the end of everything.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ah, many bands, most of which I've never heard. I've got the following:

Rhapsody
    Hammerfall
    Symphony X
    A coupla Dragonforce songs

I'm going to go to Helloween and Gamma Ray when I get enough money together.

The latest Hammerfall isn;t that bad, I like Blood Bound , and the very cheesy Hammer of Justice.

Now listening to the latest Rhapsody, and I agree with you here. I like Nightfall on the Grey Mountains though.

Whats your opinion on the Divine WIngs of Tragedy, Warrior?

11. Disciple of The Watch

Hey, WoTW, ever heard of the band Dungeon? They're pretty decent stuff. Skylark is decent too.

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Swearing isn't bad, as long as it is done tastefully. Who says what is tasteful, I don't know. I don't mind most swearing, unless the point of the song is to swear. If swearwords describe how the person feels, go ahead and use them.

13. Disciple of The Watch

...as long as it doesen't fall into "Emo" category.

14. Saber

Eh, you know what I think? Let emo be emo. No, it isn't good, but hey, if they wanna whine about their lack of ability to love, let them. And if rap wants to "sing" about sex, drugs, money, and clubbin', go ahead. I don't like it, but I won't say they can't make it. Sure, its souless, commercial crap, and I hate it, but if they wanna rap about nothing, I don't care. Its not my music, so it doesn't matter to me.

And note: this philosophy does not apply to everything in life.

15. Disciple of The Watch

Ha! Emo are pathetic, quiet pussies that write syrupy line about depression and whine about being heart-broken. A weak offspring of goths.

But back to topic... I agree they can do whatever in the nine hells they want. I couldn't care less. And Saber, why wouldn't it apply to life in general? It's pretty much a way of life for me. I've faced so much hostility in this world that I now only give a damn about the people I know and/or and respect. But apart from those, F.T.W.

And no, I'm not hostile, I just don't care.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Metsatöll are neat, their music is really cool.

17. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Getting hooked on Trivium at the moment. Good band, very young and ultra-talented.

18. Saber

Aye, Trivium is good. Ascendancy is better than their first album, methinks. Unfortunately, alot of their stuff sounds alot alike...

And DotW, I just meant that you can't apply "Let them do what they want" in life, because then people who want to kill people can kill them, and you won't care. But, I guess I meant it more legally than socially. Socially, it doesn't matter what the other people say about you, as long as you are happy with yourself.

19. Disciple of The Watch

This could easily turn into a AoDA or AoLS discussion, Saber. I understand your point, and it has value. But I do not totally agree with it.

Enough :yot: .

I'm playing the very first Slayer EP and it is pretty damn good. But my &!)$@)(&?±@£¢¤£¢@¬ brother is listening to some ****ING WU TANG CLAN **AGAIN**!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Trivium, good band :)

@DotW:I doubt I could live with such heretic! :mad:

Now I'm in funeral doom metal mood - Tyranny :thumb:

[ January 21, 2006, 19:03: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.