1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The soundtrack of Castlevania Symphony of The Night is SO ****ing good!

It's been running in my head for *three* days!

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

While my true favorite band is Our Lady Peace, and my metal/hardcore favorites are Throwdown, Chimaira, Terror, Bury Your Dead, and Unearth, I have been listening alot to Pulse Ultra, a truly wonderful band. Not metal, but great nonetheless.

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Today I have terrorized my univ friend with Cryptopsy - Once was not album. He sweared that he will never enter a car that I'm driving :evil: Oh the sweet joy :D
    Who else wants me to give him a ride? :p

4. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The Megadeth remix&remaster albums are of mixed quality. Peace Sells and So Far sound way better than the muddy originals, but with Rust, Countdown and Youthanasia the drum sound has been completely ****ed. The snare's been compressed so much it doesn't sound like a real drum at all. And it's not like Nick Menza's drumming is so sloppy it needs to be compressed like that. It's really puzzling why they'd do that.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Remasters sucks. They're just albums repackaged and re-sold at premium price.

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Another space band for 'Warrior of the World' - Iron Saviour. BTW if anyone is interested, I have a LTD version of 'Condition Red' for sale at a cheap price.

Music I listen to:

Quite mornings? Jethro Tull, Rhapsody, and Luca Turilli

Getting ready for a night out? It has to be Vader, Morbid Angel, Hypocricy and Dismember.

Playing Computer games at home, or DS 'on the move' - then epic black metal such as Immortal, Primordial, Agathodiamon, Einherjer and Falkenbach.

Long rural train rides - has to be Irish, German and Russian folk music

Meeting up with friends - usually 80's pop music, but stuff like Twisted Sister, Wasp, etc is usually listened to.

At work I get to listen to new albums, or else I put my Creative Touch player in 'random' play.

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I just read an interview with Chuck Billy and he said that we can expect new Testament album (in classic line-up :D ) somewhere in early summer :banana: And they have about 6 new songs written :cool: Such informations fill my metal heart with joy :rolling:

8. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Does this mean the album they were working on prior to the reunion has been scrapped completely?

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

9. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

That I don't know (the interview was only one page long)
    Anyway, tomorrow I go to brutal death metal concert! :D yeah! massive headbanging&growling, blast beats!
    \m/(><)\m/

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I miss my Monkees' tapes. :cry:

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Who are you going to see? Vader, Yattering or something else?

[ December 02, 2005, 12:39: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Vader is currently on tour in USA, Behemoth is in Canada, Yattering is without drummer. Why all cool bands from Poland are now on tour!?
    Just 3 local (but very brutal, I've seen them few times as suppot to Vader) bands. In fact I will have to go in about an hour :D

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Obituary and Samael will be playing in the Temple Bar in Dublin on 9th January. I better get my tickets tomorrow.

Hope the concert was fun for you!

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

It was fun indeed. Lot's of growling, blast beats, head banging and beer. I still have aching neck but my voice is almost back to normal. :D
    And Obituary and Samael, I must be there! :bigeyes:

15. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Metallica has entered the studio to write&record new album. I hope this won't ba as crappy as St.Anger.

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Everything will be as cr*ppy as St. Anger because they've already done their best work(s) - No Life 'Til Leather and Metallica.

I haven't bought a new CD in 5 years.

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

No Life 'Til Leather was not a full lenght album. BTW Master of Puppets rocks! One of the best albums ever!

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:rolleyes: Define 'full length' please, oh master of metal.

19. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Simple, a FULL LENGHT album contains just new songs (the can be covers of course) not released on previous albums (although re-recording of 1 or 2 songs is acceptable) and it should be about 30 (death metal) to 70 (power metal) long :p
    Number of tracks doesn't really matter as some bands have tracks lasting 10 and more minutes.
    And you can Wikipedia's definition as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Album

20. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I've always been a fan of Ride the Lightning, myself, but anything's better than St. Anger, frankly. Only Frantic was really any cop from that album.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.