1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Gloomy?

My Dying Bride - 'Like gods of the sun' or 'Turn loose the Swans'

Katatonia - 'Dance of December Souls' or 'Brave Murder Day'

Primordial - 'Spirit the earth aflame'

Sisters of Mercy - all albums!

Immortal - 'At the heart of winter' This album is more majestic than gloomy, but has a good angry vibe with bucket loads of melody thrown in!

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Gloomy? Don't forget old Anathema or Lacrimas Profundere, Germany's answer to Anathema. Not exactly doom (probably would fall in gothic metal category), but great stuff.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

If you want a really pissed off metal band with some good stuff - Bleeding Through. Their album, "Portrait of the Goddess" has some good stuff off on it, as well as "This is Love, This is Murderous." Their new album, however, is not very good, maybe 3 or 4 good songs.

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted or not, but they're not bad. Some of their stuff is great, whilst other stuff is crap.

[ January 25, 2006, 04:50: Message edited by: Saber ]

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...I read an article today that quoted Angus Young...IIRC, the quote was, "I hate when people criticize us for having 12 albums that sound the same...The fact is, we have 13 albums that sound the same!" :lol:

It's always good to know artist has a sense of humor about his work. :thumb: :rolling:

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

It's funny how some bands get institutionalized and glorified for making the same album over and over again, while some get vilified for not changing with the times. By the same people. I'm talking about the vile scum of the earth known as rock journalists.

6. Saber

Haha, true, true. And I don't mind if an artist's stuff sounds the same, as long as that sound is their own... I probably won't listen to everything by them, but I'll find the stuff I like and listen to it.

Now, when every artist in a genre sounds identical, that is another matter.

And I've changed my mind: You can be an artist if you don't play an instrument, you can sing. So, yes, hip-hop creators can be considered artists... just not very good ones :D

7. Disciple of The Watch

Have I ever mentioned the time my brother dropped a carpet, 33 pennies and a quarter in a dryer, started it, and got a beat perfect for a rap song? I'm sure I have.

Everything with a repetitive beat, such as rap and techno bore me.

8. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I've been listening to:

Death Cab for Cutie

Pedro the Lion

Early November

Sunny Day Real estate.

i.e. emo and indie bands.

(Just wanted to insert a post that didn't deal with metal or rap.)

9. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Lot's of nice concerts are in this month.
    Who want's to go on Hunter's gig with me? :D

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *shakes head*

Never thought I would be saying this but... Lyrics are everything in hip-hop. It's about puns. It's about rhyme. It's about flow. It's about wordplay. It's about alliteration. It's about metaphors - it is closer to poetry than traditional music. Sure, there are a lot of idiotic commercialized dolts going on about cars and woimen and "bling-bling" but hell, look at a genre. ANY genre, and you will find out the commercialized side and the adoring hordes of fans.

*starts to listen to Ghetto Gospel*

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Just heard an excerpt track from upcoming Theatre Of Tragedy album. Sounds promissing :)

12. Disciple of The Watch

A new ToT album? Hope it's not more of that techno/electronica crap.

13. Saber

I heard you guys talking about Cryptosy, and now I remember that I have seen them in concert... it was a 45 minute long set, and honestly, I didn't like it that much. Maybe they're better on CD?

14. Disciple of The Watch

There isn't much difference between a Cryptopsy live show and an album, except that Lord Worm's vocals are even more godly live. Shame on you if you didn't liked a Cryptopsy show. Stick to hardcore, then, dude, and leave the death metal headbanging to Undertaker and myself! There's nothing wrong with hardcore, though.

Example of a Cryptopsy show:

:bang: :bang:

15. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Vader would be the most brual that I would go to. Things like Cannibal Corpse with Chris Barnes singing cannot keep my attention, and the last death metal event I went to, I became numb to the onslaught after the first 30 minutes. Thats like why I like mixed metal concerts.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Aegis was a very good album, true. If they can get rid of those techno-electronica fans along the way, all the better.

18. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Wheee! Bought two new CDs today, amongst which Disturbed - Believe. I've been told it's the weakest of their releases so far, but hell, I'd buy anything Disturbed because what I've heard from them so far is excellent, and one should support artists you like by buying their stuff...

Anyhow, it seems fairly decent so far, but I'm only into the 2nd track. Seems slightly less harsh and fast than usual though... :(
    :borg:

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Glad to hear that people still buy CDs these days . . . . even if it is metal.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Heh, ironic you mentioned Aegis, Undertaker, I just received my vinyl picture disc of that album! WOOT! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.