1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Go to their site and download the excerpt track :)
    And how I envy your vinyls! Shiny!
    @HB: I buy CDs regulary. I love my CD collection :bigeyes: There are my preciouss :D But they damm hard to get! (not to mention being quite expensive)
    EDIT: I forgot to mention that Cryptopsy will start they European tour with a gig in Warsaw, in 31.01.2006! That's TU! WHY!? I have work and it's over 300 km from where I live :bang: :wail:

[ January 26, 2006, 20:53: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, I did listened to the excerpt, Undertaker, and I'm not overjoyed by it. It's not bad, true, but it's nothing ground-breaking. Raymond's singing sometimes sounds like he's talking on a radio, and that gets on my nerves. Blech. I'll stick with the old ToT albums, thank you very much.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I'd suggest that you metalheads look up Teräsbetoni, but since their lyrics are in Finnish, you wouldn't get it at all :p

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I listen to Rammstein, and I don't understand what they're saying, but I still like them :p

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    That's truwe, but a major part of Teräsbetoni's charm is the..... severe pompousness of the lyrics. :p

6. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Teräsbetoni are amazing. I heard them before, so I made sure that I saw them at Wacken. I'm hoping they decide to play a British venue at some point.

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hi Sabre. If you like Rammstein, I suggest that you check out 'In-Extremo'. They could be described as Rammstein with bagpipes.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I like to understand the lyrics but if the music is good I can accept other languages :p

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    'Rammstein with bagpipes'? :lol: I might have to check that out.

Ugh! I hate my favorite radio station's 'overnight rotation'! They don't have a on-air DJ between the hours of 12am till 6am, so every night they compile a list of songs to be played on the "overnight rotation"! :bang: I think they have the same songs on the list for each night, and just re-arrange them a little bit every other day or so. I swear I heard this combo two nights in a row now:

Nicleback - Animal
    NIN - The Hand that Feeds
    Def Leppard - Hysteria

Those three songs are to most overplayed songs on the radio as it is, but playing them in that same exact order two nights in a row is asking for trouble. :nono: It better not happen again tonight. :bang: :rolling:

10. Disciple of The Watch

Rammstein with bagpipes? Now THAT sounds ****ed up. That reminds me of the black metal cover of Iron Maiden's Fear of The Dark, I can't remember which band it was, but it was oh so ****ing GOOD!

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Finally got back some of my CDs that my friend kept for a very long time. My precious Mayhem CD :bigeyes:

12. Kitrax

Media:
    Hey! I just found the long lost folder where I was storing my reciently re-ripped Metallica songs! :D I thought my fiance accidentally deleted it...glad to see I was wrong! :)

Why am I the only one who hates Tool and NiN? :mommy: :rolling:

13. Disciple of The Watch

No, you're not, Kit. :thumb:

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Methinks Tool sucks. Me has no emotions towards NiN.

15. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

My back hurts, I stink of smoke and beer, and I'm partially deaf. I hope all metal shows are like that.

I've just been to my first! Dragonforce supported by Edguy and Batallion (I think that's it). I went entirely for Edguy, but it was Dragonforce that was amazing. Even if I hated the music, the atmosphere was incredible. They were insane. The two guitarists tried to play their guitars with plastic swords (one successfully, one less so), the bassist had a swordfight with a member of the audience mid-song (which he won), the keyboard-player demonstrated techno-metal mixed with the Simpsons theme tune, and provided the soundtrack to the bassist pretending to be Pacman and chasing the singer, before falling over to the classic wakka-wakka Pacman death tune. And that was just the last twenty minutes.

The music was quite good. Not amazing, but rather good. But still I was leaping around, arms in the air with everyone else.

So, what specific type of music are Dragonforce? I don't really get all these different metal genres...

Also, are all metal shows like that? If they are, my first taste won't be my last.

I think I need a lie down...

And I wish Edguy had played Wings of a Dream.

16. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Grr, that reminds me of a ****ty band named GWAR. They think they are space alien death warriors from other planets, and at the show I was at with them, they disemboweled George Bush, bled the Nazi Pope to death, and hacked apart various cave beasts... they had fake blood (which failed most of the time), and their lackeys were wearing man thongs.

It wouldn't have been that bad, if their music had been good. But no, this is one of the worst bands I've ever heard...

Crappy music + crappy show = GWAR

17. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

I feel the same after each metal concert :D
    So in a short answer - YES!

18. Kitrax

Media:
    You know what I hate? Back when Rage Against The Machine was still together, they had everything a good band should have: Awesome guitar solos and effect, good lead singer, and soul. Now that they've broken up and the remaining band members joined up with the one guy from Sound Garden to form Audioslave, all I hear is heartless rock with a whiny/annoying lead singer that is driving that once glorious band in to the ground. :nono:

Zach De La Roacha needs to b*tch slap that dude that's currently Audioslave's lead singer, take his band back, and resurrect Rage Against the Machine! :thumb: :rolling:

19. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Zach is the guy who blew it up, why do you think they would have him back? Tom Morello is a damn fine guitarist and, despite what you say, I think Chris Cornell is pretty good as well.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I believe Dragonforce come under the banner of Power Metal.

Alavin, welcome to the dark side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.