1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

How about Perserverance? (sp) Or is 'Satisfaction' the only one worth buying?

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Perseverence is bittersweet to me. It's kind of a transition between the agressivity of Satisfaction and the boredom of The Rise of Brutality. It's not bad, but I wouldn't buy it. I suggest you don't either.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'm shocked no-one has mentioned Stratovarius yet...

4. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I really don't like Stratovarius. They rip off other bands (Helloween and Malmsteen come to mind), play like automated machines and even rip off themselves - recycle riffs from song to song.

And the silliest part is, nowadays there's a gazillion bands that rip off Stratovarius. Clones of clones.

Damn, and here I was thinking I'd never sink to the depths of bashing bands anonymously on message boards...

5. Disciple of The Watch

Blech... Stratovarius... Kindergarden metal!

I saw their show in Quebec... it sucked! We has to wait ONE HOUR AND A HALF before they would show up, and the show lasted like one hour. Boo!!!

6. Saber

Heh, don't know who they are...

BTW, does anyone like Rammstein? They aren't exactly metal, more industrial, but I love them nonetheless.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Rammstein, eh? Hmm, well, they got a few good songs...

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Harbourboy - As far as Bob the Builder goes, well it has a positive message but not a lot of pizzazz. If you want a tune that will anchor itself in your head for at 3 or 4 days try the themesong of Thomas the Tank Engine. It has been known to waft through the hallowed halls of this house on occasion. I'm not familiar with the lyrics of Hi-5 but the Wiggles seem energetic enough. And what about Sharon Lois and Brahm? I know they are aging but this still have some classics. We must not forget Skinamarinky Do.

Probably the most important kids musicians for us is an old-school fellow name cri-cri. He's very traditional and well known to Mexican children and adults as well. Already my little D-fly decendant is boppin in his jollyjumper to the tunes of cri-cri.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Well, I've given a second listening to the new All Shall Perish song... seems I'll have to take back my words... it's actually pretty good. The new vocalist actually sounds better than the former one. Can't wait for the new album :banana:

10. Saber

How about All That Remains, Darkest Hour, Unearth, Chimaira, Lamb of God, Terror, Throwdown, Bury Your Dead, or Killswitch Engage?

11. Disciple of The Watch

I have no ****ing idea who are the bands you mention, Saber... in terms of Hardcore, my knowledge stops after Hatebreed, All Out War and All Shall Perish (Death Metal/Hardcore crossover - KICK ASS!)

12. Saber

Oh, well then, I suggest you listen to some of those bands... of course, I'm not sure if you would like them all, for they are all different. They are all very good, but depending on the person, you will love them or not. I don't know exactly what type of metal you like, so these could be either too hard for you, too light for you, or just undesirable. But, if you get the chance, try some out.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    @DotW: ever heard of Eternal Tears of Sorrow?

@HB: CUrse you. I looked up those 2 and now I have 'em stuck in my head :p

14. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I heard about The Eternal Tears of Sorrow :D Quite nice piece of music :cool:

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ho Hum - wish my frigging Ambeon CD would show up. Damn CD shops - next time I order something it's going to be from somewhere reliable like Sonic Cathedral or something...

Wonder if this wait can equal my wait for The Silent Force - a year and I only got it when the Australian version came out.

CD shops suck.

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Aiky, what did you think of The Silent Force/

Anybody got any opinions on Symphony X?

17. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Hmmmm... Doesn't anyone listen to the good old school stuff theese days :confused:
    Guess I'm hopelessly behind :geezer:
    Well nothing better than some good old Black Sabbath :p

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The Silent Force is excellent - better than Mother Earth. Not sure if it quite reaches Enter level of goodness, but then, maybe it does - they're a bit hard to compare.

19. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I wonder how's Iced Earth going. Do they have full line up now?

20. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I've listened to Sabbath so much over the years I have to let them rest for a while.

And I heard a lovely little story of two teenage girls talking about "Iron Maiden's awful version of that Children of Bodom song, The Trooper..." :rolleyes: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.