1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling)

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've never heard of a remake of Feliz Navidad.

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Who would want to make a remake of this song?

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm surprised, they remake almost everything else good. I heard a shameless rendition of John Lennon's "And So This Is Christmas". I don't remember who did it, all I remember was that is sucked turkey droppings. They didn't even have the childrens voices in the background singing. Gaaack!

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Today I listened to all 24 songs off of Killswitch Engage's "Alive or Just Breathing" and "The End of Heartache" albums in order to find one song I really liked but forgot the name... it was song 23 out of 24. DAMNIT! Oh well, I love them all anyways... even though "The End of Heartache" doesn't even compare... has anyone else heard of them?

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yes I seen them in Belfast not too long ago, they were pretty good, though I prefer more traditional metal.

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Finally I've got Metalmania's date confimed, 04.03.2006 :D Saturday! No school/work! Just pure metal :p

8. Saber

Cuchulainn, what type of metal do you consider them, and what do you mean by traditional metal? Metallica metal?

9. Dice

Media:
    :lol: what about Twisted Sister :D

10. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

That new Helloween album is very good one :D
    And I thought nothing in power metal would amaze me.

11. Dice

Media:
    So why does this have to random metal babbling and not just music in general? I like some metal but I also like a lot of other stuff - just not country - I have a really hard time with country.

12. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

I'm leaving in a short while, but I just thought I would post this here, since it has made my day.

The album and track titles of the sixth Bal-Sagoth albums have been announced! The long wait is almost over. BLODU OK JARNA!

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I have seen Killswitch Engage referred to as 'metalcore', but I would say they are a mixture of New York Hardcore and Swedish death metal (the melodic stuff).

As for traditional metal, I would refer to the good old fashioned 70's and early 80's metal as 'Traditional Metal'. Bands like UFO, Satan, Angelwitch, first few Judas Priest albums etc

Hmmm there seems to be more sub-genres of metal than actual metal bands!

14. Saber

@DFly: It is a random music post, but since the metalheads took over, and since there are very few other people who post, we decided to rename it... I guess... ask Undertaker :D

And I would agree, it is a mix of melodic metal and regular metal... not metalcore... metalcore sucks, although there are some exceptions when it comes to the lines between metalcore and metal, or metalcore and hardcore.

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

maybe it was 'post-hardcore' that I seen 'KSE' referred to?

Well they were pretty good, and it was a very enjoyable concert. Something happend to the drummer, so the guy from Soilwork had to take his place.

Warrior of the World, hope the new Bal-Sagoth lives up to your expatations

I remember working in a large supermarket, and they played cover versions of classic Christmas songs. If that was not bad enough, they had the same CD on repeat the whole day, until Christmas Eve :mad:

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Bacause I've started it and I'm metaller, that's why :p
    But serious, the thread is called Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) so you can post anything about music, not only metal.

17. Saber

Just started listening to Alien Ant Farm again... not bad stuff, really. Its regular hard-rock, not screaming, but still good.

18. Dice

Media:
    Ok, fair enough Undertaker :D I'm just glad you didn't call it random country post.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Got a hold of a vinyl copy of Testament's VERY FIRST album... kick ass!

FIRST STRIKE IS DEADLY!

20. Undertaker Gems: 27/31

Arrghhhh! I want to touch it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.