1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random music thread

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Jack Funk, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Feel like summer yet?* I'm still in the bossanova moods. So here's one of Tom Jobim's masterpieces "Vou Te Contar" (Wave), sung by Gal Costa.

*My lady's from Surinam. She got that sunny, summery, South American effect on me. :) The music in Surinam is way different to this, though. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:

3. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    CS Angels - The Cutting Edge

The Church - Under The Milky Way

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love

The Cure - Just Like Heaven

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Wow, '80's flashback (except I think the Cure recorded Friday I'm in Love in the early '90's). College redux.

Thanks, that was fun.

5. Chandos the Red

Media:
    NP, DMC. I was just in an 80s mood. I listened to these records all day today, including this one:

John Cougar Mellencamp - R.O.C.K. In The USA

Lonely Ol' Night

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Next thing you'll tell me you just Netflixed Footloose or Flashdance. :p

7. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Hey, I would draw the line there. I almost put on my Mr. Mister LP. And then thought better of it. :)

8. dmc

Media:
    Kyrie, baby, Kyrie (or however you spell it).

How about a little Big Country?

9. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Big Country - In A Big Country

Remember this one? Naked Eyes. I like almost this entire LP:

10. dmc

Media:
    Absolutely. Remember that well. I had it on vinyl.

I always enjoyed INXS, simple but visceral music.

11. Chandos the Red

Media:
    I just converted that one to Flacs today. I don't think it is in print. I know they were working on it, but the one guy, not the singer, passed away while they were working a remaster, or something.

Oh, yeah. A great band [INXS]. It was sad when that singer passed away as well. That's one record I never got around to getting though.

Squeeze - Black coffee

12. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"Song of the swords" by Hawkwind

"Can't stand the night" by Accept

"Back to earth" by Magnum

13. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Color material from the 60's. If it comes to music, I think I'd rather have the 70s. But this here is great, except for the quality of the sound, perhaps. :)
    If I had to go to church in the 60s, I'd love to have this man as the reverend.

14. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I need some help here. Teen Snook has gotten me hooked on the below song. I apologize in advance for the NSFW language in the song. The part I need help in, is I'm convinced that the artist is using the music from another song (or possibly an old sitcom), but I can't place it for the life of me. Then again, I may just be losing my mind. If you can help thanks, if not, then just enjoy the song.

15. Chandos the Red

Media:
    More 80s:

Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime:

The Producers - What's He Got?

The Vapors - Turning Japanese

Nick Lowe - Cruel To Be Kind

16. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Here are 2 covers by Skye (former singer of Morcheeba, if that means anything to you).

As with every cover, don't listen to this if you think the originals are sacred. :D

Call me (Blondie)

Feel Good Inc. (Gorillaz)

And something of here own:
    What's wrong with me?

17. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

"Shadow thief" by Jag Panzer

"Lost queen" by Shok Paris

"Throw down the sword" by Wishbone Ash

18. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    @ Snook: Sorry man. I've been searching for a possible sample for while, but I can't find any. You might still be right, but to me it doesn't sound as anything I know. (That doesn't mean anything, though.) But the chords are pretty standard, if you ask me.

19. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Maceo Parker had a vital part in the history of funk, soul and jazz. He played in James Brown's band, Parliament/Funkadelic, Bootsy Collins band and quite some more.
    I love this guy.

Maceo & The Macks - Soul Power '74
    (if you don't know the song, you might still recognize some samples that have been used many times)

20. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Not a big fan of most rap. Michael Franti is one of the exceptions, IMO.

Michael Franti & Spearhead - Hole in the Bucket

Oh my God

Ganja Babe

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.