1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Relationship Babbling Thread (alias Relationship Rant Thread #2)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Write down a letter? Maybe that's not such a bad idea. I already promised Catherine I'll send her a manuscript version of my lastest story (she liked it) I could add subjective message? Or maybe not I'm really a timid person, meh.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Daie: If you come up with something, I can translate it for you and write the more or less good pronunciation in English letters or record an MP3. PM? ;)

@Ofelix: Sounds like a plan. ;)

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

If you are sure of your feelings for her, Ofelix, then writing would be the way to go, if you are really timid. Believe me, I know what it's like. I am VERY, VERY shy (believe it, it is true), and writing was the form I always prefered when declaring my love for a woman. While writing may not be the same thing as saying it, my letters were always well-received.

But if you choose to write something, write a full-fledged letter, and not just a subjective message. Let loose the romantic Ofelix sleeping deep inside of you. While the red rose may seem cheesy, many woman actually like that (feel free to correct me if I am wrong, ladies).

Best of luck, dude, and I hope it works out for you.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I suppose my problem is that the girl already knows how I feel, and has since last November, but lately we've been arguing a lot, and she just broke up with her boyfriend etc etc.

Well, its a long story, but then again, what relationship tale isn't?

5. chevalier

Media:
    It must be true love. :p

And yes, letters are good. Practice makes them even better. It's always a treat to receive a letter which is written well, perhaps in a slightly entertaining style. Makes for a good beginning of a day. :p Well, no, really, even if ladies aren't ultimately into you, they will always at least compliment you on your writing and that's a lot. :p

Besides, perfecting fanciful syntax and weighing every word is so much fun...

6. Daie d'Malkin

Hmmm, I have much to think about. I should put this on hold till after my exam, I think.

Or maybe a letter would be a good idea. I don;t know...

7. chevalier

Media:
    Keep it easy. ;)

8. Ofelix

Media:
    I think I'll add a letter with the story I'll send her, well if I can overcome the fear and my shyness, bah anyone could cast Dispel Shyness on me? Please?

9. chevalier

Media:
    The best way to overcome shyness is just do it. ;) So, do it. :D

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    She's reading your manuscript -- she's already interested in you. Ask for her opinion (which shows you are interested in her) and go from there.

11. Daie d'Malkin

I found the best way to overcome the shyness was just to say so much that you can't back down, and then go from there. Pass the point of no return

12. Ofelix

Media:
    But what if she finds it out of place and then our friendship relation suffer? I don't want to loose her as a friend, she is very dear to me.

Or worse what if she is in fact a demi-lich who only wants to eat my soul? (the least probable scenario :D )

That's why I like writing so much, in my writings everything is under my control and I don't have to fear unapproval.

Am I wrong or weird or what?

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

This is exactly how I feel, so no, I don't think it is weird to feel this way. I haven't done anything yet either, but for other reasons than shyness. If you are attracted to her, and you want to date her (or whatever you youngins call it these days ;) ), then you shouldn't back out of it. You will probably regret it if you do back down from shyness.

And if she is a demi-lich, whip out a Paper of Undying Love +6.

14. Disciple of The Watch

If you get turned down, Ofelix, you still can remain friends with her, unless expressing your feelings scared the hell out of her.

Nontheless, I doubt your friendship with her would suffer. I was turned down by a friend two years ago, she didn't shared my feelings, but we're friends, nontheless. If you don't try, you'll never know.

15. Daie d'Malkin

/me casts Resistance to emotion:love

I'm set

16. chevalier

Media:
    @Ofelix: Just don't give her the impression that you don't feel anything else than friendship to her. Who knows, she might already be interested, so that kind of vibes could make things worse for you, not better.

First, I would find out if she's single, which you probably already know. Then, if she were single, I would try turning the charm up a bit. If she's receptive or even reciprocates that, there's bound to happen a romantic situation sooner or later. That, or you can help the situation a bit. ;) Oh, and get her flowers. :p

17. Disciple of The Watch

Yep, NEVER FORGET the flowers.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Make sure they are nice flowers.

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Aye thanks for the advices, it seem my confidence has increase... a little bit.

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Or get her one flower, can also be meaningful and is perhaps not as overwhelming as a whole bunch of flowers. ;)

Or pick some yourself when you're strolling through a field or forest or park with her, spontaneous and all. ;)

Just some random thoughts..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.